Author Topic: It sure doesn't pay to be an ACC basketball team right now  (Read 970 times)

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

It sure doesn't pay to be an ACC basketball team right now
« on: March 17, 2018, 10:29:07 PM »
It wasn't bad enuff that 1 seeded virginia became the 1st 1 seed to get beat by a 16 seed in the ncaa tournament.  But now north carolina players locker room got ganked of their stuff while in the acc tournament in brooklyn.  2 questions this enquiring mind wants to know.
1.  Why do the players have a playstation & an xbox when they should be 100% concentrated on winning the tournament?
2.  Why is the acc tournament held in brooklyn?  Its always held in greensboro, nc.  If the tournament is gonna be put somewhere besides nc, put it in maryland.  Bad enuff that syracuse is in the acc just because colleges are to stupid to give up on the crack pipe dream of needing to be good at everything.  Syracuse is a basketball & possible lacrosse school.  The orangemen haven't been relevant in football since Donovan McNabb graduated.  College football & their constant need for overrated superconferences destroyed 2 great basketball conferences in the ACC & the big east.  ACC was never a great football conference to begin with.  Might be too harsh on that comment, but the ACC is no SEC as a football conference. 
   But seriously, I hope the thief gets caught.
https://sports.yahoo.com/north-carolina-basketball-locker-room-robbed-acc-tournament-204449725.html

Sccit

Re: It sure doesn't pay to be an ACC basketball team right now
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 01:15:15 AM »
I duno but Syracuse handled Michigan state today

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 12:14:04 PM »
It's because the one & done is out of control. The big programs get these kids who are all leaving for the draft, they're 18, in high school they were never asked to play team basketball. They'll still win 85% of their games, but they're prone to lose.

I think it also has to do with everyone playing this new style of basketball, trying to emulate the Warriors, jacking up three's & on some nights, you're just going to shoot like shit. & vice versa, shittier teams will have nights where they go off & you get UMBC beating Virginia. It's bad for the sport, honestly. Don't get me wrong, we could still end up with Duke/Kansas, Nova, Kentucky & Zaga in the Final Four & it all looks fine. Just going to see more & more madness as the years go on.

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 01:02:19 AM »
It's because the one & done is out of control.

I think it also has to do with everyone playing this new style of basketball, trying to emulate the Warriors, jacking up three's & on some nights, you're just going to shoot like shit. & vice versa, shittier teams will have nights where they go off & you get UMBC beating Virginia. It's bad for the sport, honestly.
It sure has gotten outta control with the 1 & done.  And all them 3 point shooting by Nova in the NC, gotten very old.  But of course, I never liked Villanova.  Them upsetting Georgetown in 85 doesn't help much either  >:( .  And Zona in 97.

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 01:10:09 AM »
I duno but Syracuse handled Michigan state today
I still think of syracuse as a big east team.  But anytime the fartans lose is a great thing  ;D   And the scandal involving that school didn't surprise me.  I would always say people like michigan state cause they don't have enough class & morals to be michigan fans.  Only athletes who went there i'm ok with are Anson Carter, Kevin Willis, Steve Smith, Bubba Smith, & Scott Skiles. 

I kinda wanted to do something different with the subject, like i've done in the past.  1 of the reasons i've took so long responding was because I was being overworked like a darn dog this year.  I've gotten some accounts bumped up so I can possibly avoid being rockbottom into the toilet financially.  The place I was working at closed 4 good this wed.  It was my time 2 be somewhere else anyway.  And sadly, my father died 2 month because of the complications of parkinson's disease  >:(  I'm very used to jan. & feb. always sucking butt. 
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 01:42:30 AM by DJ SUGAFREE QUIK »