Author Topic: E-40 & B-Legit - Connected & Respected (Discussion Thread)  (Read 2218 times)

Blood$

Re: E-40 & B-Legit - Connected & Respected (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2018, 06:28:52 PM »
Extremely good and solid album.

For the people who say that E-40 and B-Legit are too old to be doing this, I gotta ask you:

What you want them to rap about? Life at 50 years old? Rapping about fucking an old bitch, paying for your kids' college tuition, buying life insurance, creating your will, sitting on the couch all day, all that depressing shit? Nah, I'll pass on that. Let them stay on that Young Nigga shit.

B-Legit sounds better than E-40 on this album. Bela's solo work is never that great, but when he's on a trick with E-40 he really kills it.

I co-sign all of this except for the part about B-Legit's solo albums lol

Sccit

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2018, 06:29:35 PM »
damn this shit is straight bangin .. honestly it caught me off guard after some of the bad reviews on here, but the production contains nothin but slaps and 40+b both bring it wit the flows. don’t know what some people are listenin too, can’t see how this disappointed any1

Blood$

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2018, 06:28:24 PM »
damn this shit is straight bangin .. honestly it caught me off guard after some of the bad reviews on here, but the production contains nothin but slaps and 40+b both bring it wit the flows. don’t know what some people are listenin too, can’t see how this disappointed any1

couldn't agree more, every one of my homies I've played this for also loved it and they are the type to generally not like much of the "new wave" style as far as the production goes

SLAPS real hard in the ride obviously  8)

jman91331

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2018, 11:00:24 AM »
5/10 its good album but its 20 years too late. I can't take them seriously no more at their ages doing the MOB shit. Bay area has too many others doing the same shit.
So what are they supposed to do, mumble rap? This is B and 40 doing what they always do, they are vets in this game this is their lane and they do it well. Im feeling this album, way more than a 5 and it's not 20 years late but right on time.

The following users thanked this post: Blood$

Sccit

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2018, 11:30:23 AM »
the one complaint i can see is that 40 really slowed down his raps and isn’t really doin the unorthodox choppy flow he was known for in his prime .. but he still come dope, it’s just not vintage 40.

shits bangin regardless tho

jman91331

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2018, 12:03:40 PM »
the one complaint i can see is that 40 really slowed down his raps and isn’t really doin the unorthodox choppy flow he was known for in his prime .. but he still come dope, it’s just not vintage 40.

shits bangin regardless tho
Yeah E-40's flow is falling off slowly but surely. Good thing he still has his ear to the streets to where his lyrics are still good. B-Legit was tearin 40's ass up flow-wise on most of the songs.