Author Topic: Hussein Fatal - Legendary Status (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1772 times)

ILoveQSeven

Hussein Fatal - Legendary Status (Discussion Thread)
« on: April 12, 2018, 09:46:39 AM »

Tracklist:

01. Legendary Status 2:26
02. Raise Up (feat. Yukmouth & Forever Young) 4:03
03. Go to War (feat. Gramz, Jace & Bellione)    4:02
04. 21 Gun Salute (feat. Cormega & Trigga Trife) 4:22
05. Live to Tell (feat. Aspects) 3:03
06. Outlawz Everywhere (feat. Young Noble & Keisha Hussein) 3:34
07. Block 2 Block (feat. Phaze Ali, Dirty Bert, Bonze Roc, Tony Atlanta & Question) 4:11
08. Bloody Murda (feat. Cadillac Tah, Blackchild & Aktual) 4:41
09. Misunderstood (feat. E.D.I. Don & C-Bo) 3:49
10. Killem wit da Flow (feat. Rowdy Rahz) 2:53
11. Mission Accomplished (feat. Eric Notez) 2:58
12. M.O.E. (feat. Yadi Yas) 3:05
13. Head Bussa (feat. Hardtimerz & Ali Bang) 3:28
14. Dead & Gone (feat. Rydah & Eloni Yawn) 3:39
15. Eternity (feat. Outlawz) 4:14

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/legendary-status/1408939916
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 09:16:49 PM by ILoveQSeven »

kuruptlon

Re: Hussein Fatal Album "Legendary Status" Dropping July 10
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 01:27:26 PM »
Track sounds dope.

ILoveQSeven

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 05:23:58 PM »

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2018, 12:26:59 AM »
While it disappoints me to see “EDI DON” as a featured artist (I hate that he refers to himself as that), I’m glad that his name did not appear as a producer.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2018, 07:00:19 PM »
can't wait

MOBNigga06

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2018, 08:51:29 PM »
I'm definitely buying this. Looking forward to it.

I'd support any Hussein Fatal content that his family and the Outlawz release.

The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2018, 02:04:58 PM »
Any word on how it’s going to be released? iTunes, Apple Music, Spotify, amazon music?

DeeezNuuuts83

Re: Hussein Fatal - Legendary Status (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2018, 10:14:42 AM »
Noble’s IG said it’s out on all online digital retailers. I just bought it on iTunes, will give it a listen. Looking at he names, Kill Em on the Low is an old old song from 15+ years ago because I remember it being on the beginning of an old hitemup interview with him.

MOBNigga06

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2018, 08:26:19 PM »
Bought it, love it, great tribute to Fatal's memory to see this released.

I hope that his family and the Outlawz work together to release more material from him in the future. Fatal was more than just a great lyricist. He was an inspiring person and became a good role model towards the end of his life, got his life in order and underwent a remarkable transformation in terms of physical fitness.

I would like to see the family release some videos to his songs splicing together footage of Fatal from numerous sources like the Pac estate did for Changes and Until the End of Time.

The video for Legendary Status does a little bit of that and it is pretty great, in my opinion.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

OmegaRed

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2018, 02:51:16 PM »
We need your help.....

Looking for latest content ----->
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCAkQem5MWo3cuhdIOPQEaeQ/videos
 www.insomiacmagazine.com

MOBNigga06

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2018, 09:01:23 PM »
Noble’s IG said it’s out on all online digital retailers. I just bought it on iTunes, will give it a listen. Looking at he names, Kill Em on the Low is an old old song from 15+ years ago because I remember it being on the beginning of an old hitemup interview with him.

I don't know the interview you're talking about, but when I listened to Kill Em On the Low, I actually recognized some lines that he spit in a freestyle on the Outlawz "Worldwide" DVD, which is from that era.

Amazing to me how Fatal recycled and reused lines so often. I guess he found it difficult to write and wanted to make the best use of the stuff he had written. Extremely dope lyricist nonetheless.

As for the album, it makes you realize that Fatal really would have benefitted from working with a good "producer." And I don't mean a beat-maker. I mean someone like Rick Rubin, who could have given him more artistic vision and helped him write good songs, not merely good lyrics. Looking over Fatal's whole body of work, I think the best two things he ever wrote were his tributes to Tupac ("Letter to Pac") and Kadafi ("Loyalty with Love"). Because those songs really had some deep content rather than just his usual bragging about street life. Fatal is more entertaining than most rappers when he does that, though. And I think his "Interview" album is pretty great. He also did some of his best work on the "Perfect Timing" album.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

Okka

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2018, 05:27:32 AM »

I don't know the interview you're talking about, but when I listened to Kill Em On the Low, I actually recognized some lines that he spit in a freestyle on the Outlawz "Worldwide" DVD, which is from that era.

Amazing to me how Fatal recycled and reused lines so often. I guess he found it difficult to write and wanted to make the best use of the stuff he had written. Extremely dope lyricist nonetheless.

As for the album, it makes you realize that Fatal really would have benefitted from working with a good "producer." And I don't mean a beat-maker. I mean someone like Rick Rubin, who could have given him more artistic vision and helped him write good songs, not merely good lyrics. Looking over Fatal's whole body of work, I think the best two things he ever wrote were his tributes to Tupac ("Letter to Pac") and Kadafi ("Loyalty with Love"). Because those songs really had some deep content rather than just his usual bragging about street life. Fatal is more entertaining than most rappers when he does that, though. And I think his "Interview" album is pretty great. He also did some of his best work on the "Perfect Timing" album.

Was that just an example or are you a big fan of Rick Rubin?

OmegaRed

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2018, 09:04:30 AM »
We need your help.....

Looking for latest content ----->
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCAkQem5MWo3cuhdIOPQEaeQ/videos
 www.insomiacmagazine.com

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2018, 09:18:28 AM »
Bought it, love it, great tribute to Fatal's memory to see this released.

I hope that his family and the Outlawz work together to release more material from him in the future. Fatal was more than just a great lyricist. He was an inspiring person and became a good role model towards the end of his life, got his life in order and underwent a remarkable transformation in terms of physical fitness.

I would like to see the family release some videos to his songs splicing together footage of Fatal from numerous sources like the Pac estate did for Changes and Until the End of Time.

The video for Legendary Status does a little bit of that and it is pretty great, in my opinion.
I listened to it yesterday while working out. It’s alright, to be honest I was hoping for more but you can’t be too picky with posthumous releases when it’s not someone like Pac. Live to Tell was cool with a low key mixtape beat.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2018, 09:20:15 AM »

Fatal did two interviews with hitemup.com, one in 2001 when he was in jail and one in 2003 after he got out. I think the song (which indeed is what he was rapping on the Worldwide DVD) played at the beginning of the 2003 interview.