Author Topic: YG - Stay Dangerous (Official Discussion Thread)  (Read 3487 times)

Blood$

Re: YG - Stay Dangerous (Official Anticipation / Discussion Thread)
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2018, 11:54:46 PM »
tracklist looks fire, probably the most features he's had so far but good choices for the most part  8)

Sccit

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2018, 01:25:40 AM »
nice to see mozzy on there

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2018, 04:40:22 AM »
The singles didnt impressed me at all and I even think they actually very average... we'll see but this is not the type of YG I wanna hear!

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2018, 08:24:44 PM »
I still don’t like the second and third singles but now that I have it... the bass on those is legit through headphones and on the mastered versions. I can deal with them.

WestWestYA

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2018, 09:47:18 PM »
After hearing through it once, i gotta say it doesn't compare to his first two albums. It's a very light record. Still not bad tho.

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2018, 01:34:43 AM »
Just heard it and I didnt like it, def it's worst project to date! Only song I dig is "Too Brazy" with Mozzy

J-FUNKTION

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2018, 07:54:46 AM »
wow. straight up garbage. i fuck with that last track and thats it. damn shame since his first two were 4/5 albums imo.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2018, 12:31:59 PM »
Yeah it’s the least west coast sounding album so far, which is odd since Mustard did most of the album. It’s not bad, but it’s just typical YG. Slay kinda has a “Do For Love” feel to it. At least until the lyrics start.

Blood$

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2018, 08:01:47 AM »
definitely a different feel than his previous 2 albums and I’d have to say it’s his weakest but it’s still dope, I’d rate it a 4/5

escowino

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2018, 02:12:26 PM »
not feelin this album. Ain't feelin the beats or the raps. Kinda surprised cuz I liked the last 2 albums.

Sccit

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2018, 02:21:49 PM »
damn i’m not expecting much based on the feedback here

Okka

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2018, 03:20:51 PM »

Yeah. "Big Bank" and "Handgun" are both garbage. How is "Big Bank" even popular? That beat is so fuckin' annoying that i wanna hit my head to the wall when i hear that bullshit. "Suu Whoop" was cool though. The rest of the album better be dope.

Blood$

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2018, 09:05:06 AM »

half these dudes probably don't like it because it's not full of "Twist My Fingaz" sounding tracks and the features lol

1. 10 Times
2. Bulletproof (feat. Jay 305)
3. Handgun (feat. A$AP Rocky)
4. Suu Whoop
5. Can't Get in Kanada
6. Too Cocky
10. 666 (feat. YoungBoy Never Broke Again)
11. Too Brazy (feat. Mozzy)
13. Deeper Than Rap
15. Bomptown Finest

these were the best songs, even the ones I left off are all at least ok 3/5 joints
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 08:23:10 PM by Blood$ »

DeeezNuuuts83

Re: YG - Stay Dangerous (Official Discussion Thread)
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2018, 07:22:31 AM »
I always liked Slay and have been playing it a lot.  I went to Vegas the weekend after it came out, and we were on a party bus and happened to be sitting closer to the front, and there was some iPad with Spotify hooked up, so the white guy in charge (who was the photographer for the event) asked if I knew songs to put on.  I put on Slay first and then he looked at me all funny when the music started but I said, just trust me, it'll get people going.  The whole bus didn't know it because it was so new, but they liked it.  Plus I'm hearing it now on the radio, so it may very well be the next single.

Okka

Re: YG - Stay Dangerous (Official Discussion Thread)
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2019, 12:54:49 AM »
I finally took some time and gave this album a proper listen, with nothin' on my mind except this album. I actually like "Handgun" (i noticed that shitted on it earlier) now. I still can't fuck with "Big Bank" though. I'm not feelin' "Slay", "666" or "Too Brazy" neither. It's a dope album, not better than the last two though, but YG has no bad albums. Definitely lookin' forward to that new album. I'm definitely bumpin' this more in the next few days. Dope album.