Author Topic: LeBron's run to the 2018 Finals was historic.  (Read 7784 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: LeBron's run to the 2018 Finals was historic.
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2018, 10:13:34 PM »
Game 3 he was off, but that was the story of that whole season with the trail.

And Campbell didn't shut down Shaq per say, but usually everyone had to double Shaq which freed up our forwards. Instead they move Wallace to PF, which was new to them, and that created a lot of defensive problems that Phil had no answers for.

Sccit

« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2018, 11:26:48 PM »
Yeah, you right. LeBron is a better player. Only difference was that Shaq was younger.

smh @ 34 year old lebron who only plays 1 side of the ball being better than prime shaq

kill yaself

Hehehe... As an overall player, career wise, LeBron is better.

As for Cham, let's keep it 💯, LeBron should have been 4-0 in Miami. They were favorite against Dallas and true greats overcome the odds, especially against a team they already beat.

shame on you ... prime shaq with wade and bosh is not losing to dirk + role players and spurs when they only had 1 allstar

and u call urself a shaq fan smfh

Sccit

« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2018, 11:29:19 PM »
Yeah, you right. LeBron is a better player. Only difference was that Shaq was younger.

smh @ 34 year old lebron who only plays 1 side of the ball being better than prime shaq

kill yaself

Hehehe... As an overall player, career wise, LeBron is better.

As for Cham, let's keep it 💯, LeBron should have been 4-0 in Miami. They were favorite against Dallas and true greats overcome the odds, especially against a team they already beat.

That's such a silly remark from a Laker's fan. According to Vegas, the 04 Lakers were 4.5x more of a favorite than 2011 Miami. I'll admit it was hands down his worst Finals.

But losing to Detroit in '04 was waaaaaaaaaaaay bigger a upset. But because a 3peat happened prior to that it's okay? The order in which you win titles vs get upset cancels out the blemish?

what kinda dumb shit is this smfh, lakers lost in 04 because we needed to start slava medvadenko when malone got injured, while gary payton was beefin with phil jackson, shaq was beefin with kobe, kobe was flyin in from court on game days....

the entire laker team was in turmoil and our only post defender was hurt to top it off

don’t even try to compare that to lebrons epic meltdown of 2011

Sccit

« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2018, 11:33:23 PM »
he was bitter from the trail, so he said fuck it and the Lakers lost.

Heart of a gladiator.

If you watched the series, there was nothing Kobe could do. Shaq was being guarded one on one by Elden fucking Campbell, and Campbell stopped Shaq, freeing Ben Wallace to stop an injured Malone, and in game one, the team not named Kobe or Shaq scored 16 total. Most players like Bryron Russell and Gary Peyton were washed up and Devon George and Derek Fisher shit the bed. By singling Shaq, the Pistons shut out all Lakers but Kobe.

even tho he was being guarded 1-on-1, shaq was fine on offense in that series, because the pistons game plan was to let shaq get his and focus on kobe

it was shaq’s terrible defense and refusal to step out on the pick and roll that was atrocious

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2018, 03:46:02 AM »
But let's keep it real, Shaq was fine on offense, but he should have ATE the Pistons alive. I'm a Shaq guy, and after that series I realized Shaq didn't have it anymore. He was lazy on defense, Campbell was able to guard him one on one and we couldn't get the triangle going because of that.

Sccit

« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2018, 11:15:08 AM »
But let's keep it real, Shaq was fine on offense, but he should have ATE the Pistons alive. I'm a Shaq guy, and after that series I realized Shaq didn't have it anymore. He was lazy on defense, Campbell was able to guard him one on one and we couldn't get the triangle going because of that.

yea, he was obviously outa shape at that point .. the entire team was in shambles, whereas 2011 was 100% on lebron.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2018, 01:00:48 PM »

yea, he was obviously outa shape at that point .. the entire team was in shambles, whereas 2011 was 100% on lebron.

I'd agree with that. It's why I said 2004 was basically Kobe vs the whole Pistions, since Shaq didn't move up and down the court. Vegas didn't realize how much Shaq feel off.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2018, 06:35:35 PM »
The Lakers were the biggest favorites this this year's Warrior team to beat LeBron & a bunch of nobody's.

Clearly a bigger upset. Vegas numbers don't lie. LeBron was as much of a favorite to win as the Lakers were to beat the Celtics in 2010.

I know you'll change it up, but it'll be the dumbest thing you ever did if you try to denounce Vegas odds, like Vegas is in the business of losing money.

Vegas numbers are hands down the most unbiased conversation in all of sports.

Sccit

« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2018, 06:55:35 PM »
The Lakers were the biggest favorites this this year's Warrior team to beat LeBron & a bunch of nobody's.

Clearly a bigger upset. Vegas numbers don't lie. LeBron was as much of a favorite to win as the Lakers were to beat the Celtics in 2010.

I know you'll change it up, but it'll be the dumbest thing you ever did if you try to denounce Vegas odds, like Vegas is in the business of losing money.

U DONT GET IT, DO U? VEGAS DOESNT HAVE CONFIDENCE IN LEBRON CUZ HE’S A KNOWN LOSER

IMAGINE KOBE BEIN AN UNDERDOG WIT WADE N BOSH ON HIS TEAM LMFAO

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2018, 11:02:30 AM »
Well no, carried by hands down a better player in his prime & as a second fiddle...he's obviously going to be a larger favorite.

Hence the meltdown was an atrocity swept under the rug because it happened after the winning opposed to before the winning. Love how you rattled off 15 excuses of why the lost though. The hypocrisy is astounding.

Just like you say "HE WAS A RAY ALLEN SHOT AWAY". If Horry doesn't hit that shot vs the Kings they EASILY lose the series & if Fisher doesn't hit that .4 against the Spurs, the Lakers likely lose one of those next two games.

You like to mention purists. Purists of just common sense all agree with me that your levels of hypocrisy are through the roof. & your bias is unmatched.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2018, 01:29:19 PM »

Vegas numbers are wrong when the gamblers don't adjust to changes. The reason the Lakers were favorite in 2004 was because the idea of Payton, Malone, Kobe and Shaq was too great for betters. Add Fisher's .4 shot and the Lakers seemed destined to win again. They were a proven commodity with Kobe and Shaq, gamblers would take that bet 10 times out of 10. They didn't factor that the average age was 29 years old, Shaq, who's only 31 at the time, was breaking down, Payton at 35 couldn't guard Chauncey fucking Billups, and Devon George was getting abused by Tayshaun Prince, and Wallace who was defensive player of the year, easily stopped and injured 40 year old Malone. Vegas didn't look at everything closely, they just saw Kobe and Shaq and though, well they'll win easily.

In  2011, Vegas didn't flock to Miami because two reasons. Dallas was hot and it wasn't out the realm to think they could upset Miami. And two, and most importantly, LeBron and Bosh were not proven winners yet. They never won anything, and in the series that fear is exactly what happened, LeBron shit his pants under the pressure, and he was the 3rd best scorer and he was struggling again Shawn Marion. I mean, come on. In one finals, it's basically Kobe vs 4 Pistons, as Shaq and Campbell battled to a sort of stalemate. In the other Finals, it's 4 on 5 as LeBron shit his pants and crapped his bed.

Look, I like Lebron. I am happy as hell he's a Laker. I want to see him win us a title, and I want Kawhi to come home to play with the KING. But LeBron in Miami has to be the most disappointing player in NBA history. In 2011, he cost his team the title, and in 2014 when Wade was starting to break down, he couldn't pick up the slack needed to win and he left to the younger Cleveland team. His 2011 and 2014 runs are the most disappointing runs in the NBA history, and I don't think anyone can argue that.

Sccit

« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2018, 06:48:22 PM »

Vegas numbers are wrong when the gamblers don't adjust to changes. The reason the Lakers were favorite in 2004 was because the idea of Payton, Malone, Kobe and Shaq was too great for betters. Add Fisher's .4 shot and the Lakers seemed destined to win again. They were a proven commodity with Kobe and Shaq, gamblers would take that bet 10 times out of 10. They didn't factor that the average age was 29 years old, Shaq, who's only 31 at the time, was breaking down, Payton at 35 couldn't guard Chauncey fucking Billups, and Devon George was getting abused by Tayshaun Prince, and Wallace who was defensive player of the year, easily stopped and injured 40 year old Malone. Vegas didn't look at everything closely, they just saw Kobe and Shaq and though, well they'll win easily.

In  2011, Vegas didn't flock to Miami because two reasons. Dallas was hot and it wasn't out the realm to think they could upset Miami. And two, and most importantly, LeBron and Bosh were not proven winners yet. They never won anything, and in the series that fear is exactly what happened, LeBron shit his pants under the pressure, and he was the 3rd best scorer and he was struggling again Shawn Marion. I mean, come on. In one finals, it's basically Kobe vs 4 Pistons, as Shaq and Campbell battled to a sort of stalemate. In the other Finals, it's 4 on 5 as LeBron shit his pants and crapped his bed.

Look, I like Lebron. I am happy as hell he's a Laker. I want to see him win us a title, and I want Kawhi to come home to play with the KING. But LeBron in Miami has to be the most disappointing player in NBA history. In 2011, he cost his team the title, and in 2014 when Wade was starting to break down, he couldn't pick up the slack needed to win and he left to the younger Cleveland team. His 2011 and 2014 runs are the most disappointing runs in the NBA history, and I don't think anyone can argue that.

he doesn’t know how vegas lines work lol

it’s based on what the public bets, they find a median based on wagers placed.

he’s bringing up fishers .4 shot when it didn’t even lead to a title .. and robert horrys three as if it saved a kobe chokejob ala ray allen for lebron.

the only thing that saddens me is that cham roots for an individual above a team .. shits suspect. like, he’s actually a sixers fan (bet u didn’t known that), but he rather follow lebron around wherever he goes. scust.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2018, 07:36:48 PM »

he doesn’t know how vegas lines work lol

it’s based on what the public bets, they find a median based on wagers placed.

he’s bringing up fishers .4 shot when it didn’t even lead to a title .. and robert horrys three as if it saved a kobe chokejob ala ray allen for lebron.

the only thing that saddens me is that cham roots for an individual above a team .. shits suspect. like, he’s actually a sixers fan (bet u didn’t known that), but he rather follow lebron around wherever he goes. scust.

Hey, I only brought up Fisher's shot and how it could have influenced gamblers and bookies.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2018, 08:23:36 AM »
You're a moron lmfao. They adjust the line based on what the public bets. They open the line based on what is most likely going to happen & how they can get even money on both sides to take the vig.

NIK heavy deflecting. The Lakers go on to lose both series without both Fish & Horry's shot. It's virtually identical. Allen hitting a 3 is just another failed anti-LeBron argument.

Like if you used the ever lacking common sense. Shaq's help >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>*100 million more*>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>*keyboard breaks, buys new keyboard, resumes*>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>*25 billion more*>>> Fisher & Horry's shots = Allen's shot.

So to discredit anything LeBron because of a teammate finally helping him just shows how much far greater LeBron is than Kobe based on his 3 years of second fiddle.

Sccit

« Reply #59 on: July 16, 2018, 09:42:20 AM »
You're a moron lmfao. They adjust the line based on what the public bets. They open the line based on what is most likely going to happen & how they can get even money on both sides to take the vig.

NIK heavy deflecting. The Lakers go on to lose both series without both Fish & Horry's shot. It's virtually identical. Allen hitting a 3 is just another failed anti-LeBron argument.

Like if you used the ever lacking common sense. Shaq's help >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>*100 million more*>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>*keyboard breaks, buys new keyboard, resumes*>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>*25 billion more*>>> Fisher & Horry's shots = Allen's shot.

So to discredit anything LeBron because of a teammate finally helping him just shows how much far greater LeBron is than Kobe based on his 3 years of second fiddle.

that’s the point .. where the line starts shows vegas’ lack of confidence in lebron and where it ends shows the people’s.

lakers in 2000-2002 was kobe, shaq and role players. kobe was actually superior to shaq by 2001 and was the better player against the superior western conference ... lebron had both wade and bosh. so wade+bosh>shaq alone .. even kobe’s first three titles are more impressive than lebrons 3. once u factor in the 2 he won with gasol, its a wrap.