Author Topic: LeBron's run to the 2018 Finals was historic.  (Read 7788 times)

Sccit

Re: LeBron's run to the 2018 Finals was historic.
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2018, 02:48:33 PM »
And now LeBron is a Laker... if he does the same thing next year, I fully expect Sccit to still shit on LeBron and talk about how Lonzo Ball is the next coming of Magic, shooting 48% FT, and how Ball is carrying him.

YOU SHOULD START ROOTING FOR THE TIMBERWOLVES, BECAUSE YOU'RE DEFINITELY NOT A REAL LAKER FAN

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2018, 03:25:01 PM »
And now LeBron is a Laker... if he does the same thing next year, I fully expect Sccit to still shit on LeBron and talk about how Lonzo Ball is the next coming of Magic, shooting 48% FT, and how Ball is carrying him.

YOU SHOULD START ROOTING FOR THE TIMBERWOLVES, BECAUSE YOU'RE DEFINITELY NOT A REAL LAKER FAN

I mean, I got the new LeBron Jersey coming in the mail! Still got the Magic throwback. Don't know man, I'm not the one who's hating we signed a true top 10 player of all time! I'm as excited as I was when we signed Shaq. When the Lakers get great players, I get excited. You know, like a fan!

Sccit

« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2018, 04:01:15 PM »

I mean, I got the new LeBron Jersey coming in the mail! Still got the Magic throwback. Don't know man, I'm not the one who's hating we signed a true top 10 player of all time! I'm as excited as I was when we signed Shaq. When the Lakers get great players, I get excited. You know, like a fan!

i believe in magic and got faith in what he’s doing

but comparing this to the shaq signing is humorous, to say the least.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2018, 04:18:50 PM »
Yeah, you right. LeBron is a better player. Only difference was that Shaq was younger.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2018, 07:13:32 PM »
I'm taking the time of arrival. But while we are at it, and remember you can check my posting history back to 2001 and see I've always been pro-Shaq, I'd rank LeBron as a better player than Shaq. The last title in LA should have been Kobe's, but against the Nets, you have to throw it to Shaq because the Nets had no center. Shaq was also carried by Wade, like LeBron was. Still, LeBron's 2016 title is WAY more impressive than and of Shaq's titles.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2018, 08:00:36 PM »
Finals record argument is childish. I'm not going to get into it or else I'll have to hear how the '01 76ers or '02 Nets are better than the 2017 Warriors.

But anyone with a shred of basketball knowledge knows Kobe/Shaq & MJ would be .500 if they had to play what Bron faced. Factor in the three years ('17, '18 & 07) there was nothing that could be done.

I said it before, NIK isn't a die hard Laker fan. He's a die hard Kobe fan. A true fan of the team would be losing their shit the 2nd best player in the history of basketball is on the squad. I blame myself for his switch. I believe there was a time he would of rooted Lakers over the individual. But a decade of having to argue Kobe > LeBron, only for in that time frame LeBron skyscraper jumped Kobe & landed himself into MJ debate, leaving Kobe in the, "was he really better than Magic? :eh:" HAS GOT to leave some bitterness. Hopefully winning by year 3 will remedy that.

Not going to lie though, these small, highly unlikely rumblings of Kobe coming back would be an iconic season if Kobe could hold up. I'd move to LA & watch all 41 at Staples.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2018, 08:20:13 PM »
I'm taking the time of arrival. But while we are at it, and remember you can check my posting history back to 2001 and see I've always been pro-Shaq, I'd rank LeBron as a better player than Shaq. The last title in LA should have been Kobe's, but against the Nets, you have to throw it to Shaq because the Nets had no center. Shaq was also carried by Wade, like LeBron was. Still, LeBron's 2016 title is WAY more impressive than and of Shaq's titles.

Lebron greater than a 96-03 Shaq, are you drunk? He put 61 on the Clippers one night. Give me some numbers for true centers in that era that match up? Robinson? Olajuwon? Ewing? lol.

2016 LeBron best the Warriors, the greatest regular season team of all time. There are only 4 times in my life that a player basically deadlifted his team and drug them to victory against all odds. 1997 Michael Jordan, 2010 Kobe Bryant, and 2016 LeBron James. All of those wins, afterwards I just say in disbelief at the greatness I saw. I wasn't alive for 1980 Magic Johnson, but I'd put that up there too.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2018, 08:33:34 PM »
Finals record argument is childish.
Not going to lie though, these small, highly unlikely rumblings of Kobe coming back would be an iconic season if Kobe could hold up. I'd move to LA & watch all 41 at Staples.

Hardly childish given stars have to carry teams. Pippen was great for his time but hardly the equivalent of superstars teaming up.

Yeah, but looking at today's teams of multiple stars vs. the 90's where there was one star, a useless PG on 80% of the teams, a hit or miss center, an enforcer at PF & a useless, long, small forward who played defense is just stupid.

Like the team's GM's are finding ways to get together are better than the 90's & early 2000's, but it still comes down to a team game. So Pippen was easily with his defense, the best #2 in the league at the time. So the Bulls were always better than the rest of league. The first 3peat Lakers were always better than the rest of the league.

https://www.oddsshark.com/nba/nba-finals-historical-series-odds-list

Vegas even put the 3peat appearance Lakers as better than the rest of the league.

Look at that link again. LeBron was an underdog every year but two in the Finals. Why LeBron is suppose to supersede the unbiased Vegas odds & beat a team physically better than his is a laughable argument to me. It's just that there is no other one if you're a Kobe or MJ fan. So I get why it has to get ignored & replied to with a "hahaha yeah, but he's 3-6 in the Finals".

-----------------

Think of it as like, you go to the park as a semi-pro basketball player & play a regular ass dude 10 times & smoke him all 10 times - That's MJ & Kobe in a nutshell.

Then if I go to the park as a semi-pro basketball & play an NBA player & win like 4 games. That's LeBron.

You're going to say you're better than me because the fact you played a scrub 10 times & didn't lose? & not factor in who I played vs how simple it was for you? That's virtually autistic.

Sccit

« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2018, 08:34:55 PM »
Yeah, you right. LeBron is a better player. Only difference was that Shaq was younger.

smh @ 34 year old lebron who only plays 1 side of the ball being better than prime shaq

kill yaself

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2018, 08:38:17 PM »

smh @ 34 year old lebron who only plays 1 side of the ball being better than prime shaq

kill yaself

Hehehe... As an overall player, career wise, LeBron is better.

As for Cham, let's keep it 💯, LeBron should have been 4-0 in Miami. They were favorite against Dallas and true greats overcome the odds, especially against a team they already beat.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2018, 08:41:12 PM »

kill yaself

Hehehe... As an overall player, career wise, LeBron is better.

As for Cham, let's keep it 💯, LeBron should have been 4-0 in Miami. They were favorite against Dallas and true greats overcome the odds, especially against a team they already beat.

That's such a silly remark from a Laker's fan. According to Vegas, the 04 Lakers were 4.5x more of a favorite than 2011 Miami. I'll admit it was hands down his worst Finals.

But losing to Detroit in '04 was waaaaaaaaaaaay bigger a upset. But because a 3peat happened prior to that it's okay? The order in which you win titles vs get upset cancels out the blemish?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2018, 09:07:26 PM »
Vegas didn't think Miami would win because they didn't trust LeBron to carry the team. Also, unspoken fact of 2004, no one in Vegas thought Shaq had fallen off as much as he did, combined with Malone's injury, and Peyton's washed upness. Had to make up a new word to describe how bad Peyton was. It was basically 5 on 1 with Kobe carrying a super team, and he was bitter from the trail, so he said fuck it and the Lakers lost.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2018, 09:43:56 PM »
he was bitter from the trail, so he said fuck it and the Lakers lost.

Heart of a gladiator.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2018, 09:55:04 PM »
he was bitter from the trail, so he said fuck it and the Lakers lost.

Heart of a gladiator.

If you watched the series, there was nothing Kobe could do. Shaq was being guarded one on one by Elden fucking Campbell, and Campbell stopped Shaq, freeing Ben Wallace to stop an injured Malone, and in game one, the team not named Kobe or Shaq scored 16 total. Most players like Bryron Russell and Gary Peyton were washed up and Devon George and Derek Fisher shit the bed. By singling Shaq, the Pistons shut out all Lakers but Kobe.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2018, 10:01:27 PM »
I'd argue 27-11 for the series, isn't really shutting anyone down.

I'd also argue Kobe shooting 4-24 from 3 is being shut down. 11 points in game 3 is shut down. 38% from the field is shut down.