Author Topic: CHAD, WHATS GOOD WIT THIS JOINT?  (Read 2343 times)

Okka

Re: CHAD, WHATS GOOD WIT THIS JOINT?
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2018, 11:38:33 PM »
Yeah, i don't think that song with Kendrick was for "Detox".

Aftermath213

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2018, 04:10:11 AM »
Yeah, maybe it wasn’t for Detox. It was just what I expected Detox to sound like at the time.

DrDreDetox2018

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2018, 09:12:52 AM »
This is the Detox track I want the most. Chad, any chance we will ever hear the whole thing?

It sounds cool, but i can't imagine that as detox, its not gangster more hippy, trappy.. 12 steps to recover is how I excepted detox or this leak from slim the mobster

The following users thanked this post:

DrDreDetox2018

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2018, 09:15:57 AM »
we talking detox leaks again?

this one sounded pretty good, you can hear the phat bass drop even on the crappy phone video 8)

my favourite leak (mainly cause the track sounded properly mixed/finished) was a Game joint called 'Make Up Sex'. probably meant for Game's LP and not Detox but you could hear some of the drum sounds Dre was working with at the time. the leak was incorrectly tagged as produced by Pharrell but i managed to 100% confirm it as a Dre production, obvious as it was 8)

U mean this track ? If not u have a link?

https://streamable.com/55abr

Someone has the snippet please sent a link... u can hear this beats in the powerbeats commercial

This beat has so much potential. Even with this lq version it sounds insane. İm banging this less seconds in my car 😂😂😂😂😂 I need this track 😭😭😭😭😭
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 09:22:29 AM by biggsnoopdogg »

Matty

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2018, 03:25:10 PM »
ok so we're going in on the Detox era leaks, don't forget the 'Big Dusty' 8) i think you can see the guy who came up with this in that Slim The Mobster clip (producer working with Dre at the time) which was always one of my faves...

https://www115.zippyshare.com/v/PQmI8aoR/file.html

dnjp4life

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2018, 05:07:49 AM »
Yeah the beat to 'Hey Young World' was the track that got me really excited for Detox when I first heard it.  I seem to remember it got put online after the initial hype for the album had died down, and it definitely revived my anticipation for an album that ultimately never came out.

It was probably for the best, though.  Tracks like 'Mr. Prescription' and 'Turn Me On', even though unfinished, have a certain sound that have dated them very badly if you revisit them now.  I've always been a fan of 'Kush' and played the hell out of that when it dropped, and I thought 'Under Pressure' would have possibly made the album (the updated version with the chorus is inferior in my opinion), even though the 'futuristic' sound of the track is kind of corny.

Speaking of Detox beats and reference tracks, does anyone have Bishop Lamont's 'Who's Your Daddy, Bitch'?  That was a great reference track that banged but I don't have it in my collection anymore.

OriginalVersion

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2018, 07:52:38 AM »
Speaking of Detox beats and reference tracks, does anyone have Bishop Lamont's 'Who's Your Daddy, Bitch'?  That was a great reference track that banged but I don't have it in my collection anymore.

https://www112.zippyshare.com/v/my9YvK5d/file.html
+++||ORIGINAL VERSION||+++

The following users thanked this post:

NuWest

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2018, 08:50:11 AM »
we talking detox leaks again?

this one sounded pretty good, you can hear the phat bass drop even on the crappy phone video 8)

my favourite leak (mainly cause the track sounded properly mixed/finished) was a Game joint called 'Make Up Sex'. probably meant for Game's LP and not Detox but you could hear some of the drum sounds Dre was working with at the time. the leak was incorrectly tagged as produced by Pharrell but i managed to 100% confirm it as a Dre production, obvious as it was 8)

high q link homie? the song is a banger, never thought of it as a Dre beat though