Author Topic: Why did CJ Mac go against Dr. Dre and Aftermath Records?  (Read 2501 times)

dnjp4life

Why did CJ Mac go against Dr. Dre and Aftermath Records?
« on: May 16, 2018, 05:19:50 AM »
Just re-listening to the 'Too Gangsta For Radio' album after years of collecting dust, and it just struck me as odd that CJ Mac went hard against Dr. Dre, Hittman, Eminem etc on his diss track for the album.

I get that the album was littered with various threats against Dre and Aftermath, but CJ Mac, as far as I'm aware, never had anything against Dre.  He's even talking shit about Ice Cube on the track, and he was down with him and making tracks with him at the same time as this album came out.

Okka

Re: Why did CJ Mac go against Dr. Dre and Aftermath Records?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 05:47:23 AM »
He went at Dre on his second album too. I guess he had a problem with Dre not being the G that he was "portraying" to be, even though Dre has always said that music is just entertainment and it's his job etc. CJ Mac really didn't diss Cube though? He just said that Eazy was fuckin' Cube out of his money and that was true.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 05:49:28 AM by Okka »

dj coma

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 10:40:36 AM »
He went at Dre on his second album too. I guess he had a problem with Dre not being the G that he was "portraying" to be, even though Dre has always said that music is just entertainment and it's his job etc. CJ Mac really didn't diss Cube though? He just said that Eazy was fuckin' Cube out of his money and that was true.

I think it was more because Dre said gangsta rap is dead after he left Death Row and then he started doing gangsta rap again on 2001.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 11:17:20 AM »
Pretty sure it was because of a line from Hittman on "Bitch Niggaz" where he said "Mr. Powda Puff, your bark ain't loud enough". CJ Mack took it as a diss due to his track "Powda Puff" that was released as a single in 1995.

Okka

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 11:19:03 AM »
CJ Mac also spoke about Hittman on Keita Rock's "Ouch".

dj coma

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 08:58:10 PM »
Pretty sure it was because of a line from Hittman on "Bitch Niggaz" where he said "Mr. Powda Puff, your bark ain't loud enough". CJ Mack took it as a diss due to his track "Powda Puff" that was released as a single in 1995.

Pretty sure it went like this:

1. CJ Mac disses Dre on Platinum Game album
2. Hittman disses CJ on Bitch Niggaz
3. CJ fires back on Too Gangsta
4. CJ also dissed him on Keitarock's album (as mentioned by Okka)

I have a different version of Ouch that was leaked a couple years before that Keitarock album. It's basically the same but CJ is promoting some UnderDawgs album or compilation in the intro that he never put out.

Okka

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2018, 04:01:31 AM »
Can you hook up that alternate version of "Ouch" you got?

dj coma

The following users thanked this post: Okka

WestWestYA

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2018, 08:30:23 PM »

Sccit

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2018, 12:07:44 AM »
i remember i used to see that platinum game album alll the time at my local record shop, around 2000 or so ..... regret not pickin that up, it’s pretty rare now

The following users thanked this post: Teddy Loc

Teddy Loc

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2022, 09:00:04 PM »
i remember i used to see that platinum game album alll the time at my local record shop, around 2000 or so ..... regret not pickin that up, it’s pretty rare now

That "Platinum Game" album is dope. Its been a while since I listen to it.
#NoDoubt

thegooddoc

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2022, 09:19:12 PM »
Simple answer is that he couldn't sell on his own.  He did do some great ghostwriting for Bushwick Bill though.  Maybe Bushwick's best album.