Author Topic: Nas - NASIR (Official Discussion Thread)  (Read 6131 times)

Blood$

Re: Nas - NASIR (Official Discussion Thread)
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2018, 12:53:04 PM »
I could understand people not being partial to the production on "Cops Shot The Kid" and "White Label" but even those 2 grew on me on the second listen lol initially when I heard them I was kinda meh but now I fuck with them, as for the rest I don't see how anybody can say those tracks aren't heat

"Not For Radio", "Everything", and "Adam & Eve" are all 5/5 vintage Nas joints

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2018, 03:11:23 PM »
Everything is arguably song of the year. The Ye/Dream duet gets me emotional lmao.

Jack Trippa 3z company ho

« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2018, 05:29:11 PM »
I could understand people not being partial to the production on "Cops Shot The Kid" and "White Label" but even those 2 grew on me on the second listen lol initially when I heard them I was kinda meh but now I fuck with them, as for the rest I don't see how anybody can say those tracks aren't heat

"Not For Radio", "Everything", and "Adam & Eve" are all 5/5 vintage Nas joints

I’ll give it some more spins. I listened to cops shot the kid, the first track that was hate me now ish, and briefly another one and was overall turned off by the production. Lyrically and flow Nas was great. I just can’t stand the production. Mainstream production is just watered down drill/trap beats and a lot of noise. Kanye’s been on this post apocalyptic minimalist noisy stuff for a minute. Just not my thing.

I’ll check it again this week when I have some time off.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2018, 10:22:05 PM »
I might have to revisit this. I thought both Kanye and Nas were fine in this album, but it seemed off to me. Like there was something missing in terms of chemistry between the two. I might be wrong, maybe I just need to give it a fresh listen away from all the bullshut surrounding the release, like every article about Kelis's domestic violence allegations.

Sccit

« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2018, 05:22:53 PM »
finally got the hard copy in the mail

solid album .. not one of his best efforts but still got some dope joints on there

definitely not as well produced as the pusha joint tho

Blood$

« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2018, 04:24:54 PM »
I copped the vinyl about a month ago and I just finally got the CD and played it in the ride, sounds real nice... the album gets better with time, I don't know if I'm tripping but I feel like the CD version has slightly different mixes than the iTunes version and the vinyl because I heard certain adlibs from Diddy on the first track that I didn't catch before lol

"Bonjour" is the weakest joint to me now but not a bad song by any means

definitely not as well produced as the pusha joint tho

yeah Push definitely got the cream of the crop from Kanye with these releases and had the best project

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

Okka

« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2018, 07:07:53 AM »
Anybody else still listenin' to this? I think Nas is probably gonna drop a full album soon too. I hope so.

Sccit

« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2018, 08:26:04 AM »
Anybody else still listenin' to this? I think Nas is probably gonna drop a full album soon too. I hope so.

let’s hope .. he just dropped a new throwback style joint with swizz

Blood$

« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2018, 12:10:30 PM »

I still got it in my disc changer