Author Topic: Hittman Interview (2012)  (Read 4187 times)

Okka

Hittman Interview (2012)
« on: June 19, 2018, 11:36:40 AM »
I was just checkin' on what's up with Hittman these days and i found this interview from 2012 where he talks about his new music and shared a cool story from when he was with Dre and they were recordin' "Murder Ink". Kurupt was originally on the song, but got replaced by Ms. Roq. I never knew that.

"The Asoka: Do you have any funny stories you could share, like something crazy that happened during a studio session?

Hittman: Aw man, there is a story behind each song on 2001 (lol), let me see! I got one about “Housewife” that is fuckin` HILARIOUS & it coincides with the song too but I think that I`m gonna save that one for my book of memoir`s that I just started writing called The Great Hip-Hop Adventures of BiG HITT. So here`s another that I can share about the makin` of “Murder Ink”. Okay, we (me, Dre, Mel, D.O.C., Kurupt, Six-Two, Sean Cruz, Mike Elizondo, Scott Storch & our in house engineer at the time Richard who we named Segal) were at a recording studio in Reno, NV that I can`t recall the name of at the moment. Anyway Dre, Mel-Man & the musicians are layin` down the foundation to the song that will become Murder Ink which is based from the Halloween theme from the movie with the same name. Come to find out that the resident engineer of the studio who I think Mel-Man gave the nick name Stern (becuz he was really tall & kind of looked like Howard Stern) was a HUGE fan of the movie & had all type of extra insight about Michael Myers. I think he even said that he tried out for the part in one of the later Halloween films, keep that in mind. So now the track is laid & soundin` phat, I laid my verse already while Kurupt was in another room writin` his verse to the beat. His verse was never heard by the masses becuz it was later replaced by Ms. Roq`s verse. So the lights are kinda dim we bouncin` to the beat the ones that smoke are stoned. All of a sudden Dre says what the fuck, as he looks towards the vocal booth we all follow his eyes to see Michael Myers(Stern) in that mask & jumpsuit standing there lookin` at us. First we laugh like “Stern is crazy”, 3 minutes later he`s still standin` there & now were startin` to get spooked out a bit as he slowly twist his head from left to right & back the other way. Then in a quick sudden motion he exits the booth. We anticipate him opening the door to the control panel but nothing happens for about two minutes then the door opens slowly but no one enters. Everyone in the studio is startin` to bug out, then the door shuts again so we`re expecting Stern to return to the booth. Out of nowhere the door flings open & Micheal Myers enters & taps Mike Elizondo on the shoulder, Sean Cruz whose standin` right next Mike jumps & crashes into the keyboards that`s stacked up against the wall. Mike jumps off the stool that he was sittin` on so high that he could`ve cleared the pole vault & placed in the long jump competition in the olympic games. All type of shit got knocked over & locked down but Mike as spooked as he was did not drop that bass guitar, & that`s what made the whole ordeal extremely funny. We laughed for about 45 minutes after that, woooooooooo…..good times I tell ya good times!!!
!

http://relivehiphop.com/through-the-eyes-of-a-veteran-my-conversation-with-hittman/

Malcy

Re: Hittman Interview (2012)
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 01:17:50 PM »
That's brilliant. Hope he releases a book.

kuruptDPG

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 01:18:34 PM »
gd read, if i memba correct chris glover mentioned kurupt was on most songs apperently before he got taken off

Okka

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2018, 01:51:34 PM »
gd read, if i memba correct chris glover mentioned kurupt was on most songs apperently before he got taken off

On "2001"? Got a link to that interview where he said that?

Sccit

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 02:17:57 PM »
shoulda kept kurupt on there

interesting to hear what he had to say about “hoes a housewife”

kuruptDPG

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2018, 01:30:16 PM »

On "2001"? Got a link to that interview where he said that?

yh for 2001...i think its on youtube i believe...i definetly got it from here for sure

Okka

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2018, 12:50:25 AM »
Damn, that could've been crazy. "2001" is in my Top 3 albums of all times, but it might've been even better with Kurupt on more songs.

Sccit

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2018, 05:20:17 AM »
Damn, that could've been crazy. "2001" is in my Top 3 albums of all times, but it might've been even better with Kurupt on more songs.

i trust dre ..... kurupt was prolly rhyming “fuck a bitch bitch eat a bowl of shit bitch bitch drink a cup of piss and make me rich” too much. that was around the time he was kinda lost lyrically.

dj coma

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2018, 04:07:49 PM »

i trust dre ..... kurupt was prolly rhyming “fuck a bitch bitch eat a bowl of shit bitch bitch drink a cup of piss and make me rich” too much. that was around the time he was kinda lost lyrically.

Listening to his verse on Xxplosive today I'm kinda shocked Dre left Kurupt's verse like that on the album. How does one go from the most respected lyricist on the west coast to lines like "Bitch nigga, you more of a bitch than a bitch"?

Sccit

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2018, 04:47:31 PM »

Listening to his verse on Xxplosive today I'm kinda shocked Dre left Kurupt's verse like that on the album. How does one go from the most respected lyricist on the west coast to lines like "Bitch nigga, you more of a bitch than a bitch"?

yea, but in retrospect, it’s still a classic verse and helped defined who kurupt truly is

we all said wtf when it dropped, but “you more of a bitch than a bitch” is timeless

i def understand why dre wouldn’t want an album fulla that tho

OriginalVersion

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2018, 06:54:00 AM »
Speaking of Kurupt, anyone want to play a drinking game? I'd like to listen to Kurupt's discography with someone and every time you hear him say the word bitch - you take a shot.
+++||ORIGINAL VERSION||+++

The following users thanked this post: dj coma

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2018, 08:43:02 AM »
What shots would you do though?

And would it be a double every time he rhymes the word bitch with bitch? Or just two shots (of the same/different liquor)?

Shouldn't you add some Moon Rocks in there?

Speaking of Moon Rocks, has anyone tried the vape from them? Is it as strong as Moon Rocks or more similar to Brass Knuckles OG/Wu-Goo?
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Sccit

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2018, 09:21:11 AM »
moonrocks is fire

OriginalVersion

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2018, 11:03:31 AM »

And would it be a double every time he rhymes the word bitch with bitch? Or just two shots (of the same/different liquor)?

Speaking of Moon Rocks, has anyone tried the vape from them? Is it as strong as Moon Rocks or more similar to Brass Knuckles OG/Wu-Goo?

Just the word bitch, no rhymes, because it seems to be Kurupt's favorite word. Lol. Same liquor. In the state where I reside, marijuana isn't legal and no one sells moon rocks here. Everyone seems to think the good shit is dabs, but you can make dabs out of mids too (Plus dabs are a felony charge here - even for possession) - so there's really no quality control. And everyone over charges for dank. I've heard the best way to smoke Moon Rocks is from a hash pipe.
+++||ORIGINAL VERSION||+++

Sccit

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2018, 11:33:06 AM »

Just the word bitch, no rhymes, because it seems to be Kurupt's favorite word. Lol. Same liquor. In the state where I reside, marijuana isn't legal and no one sells moon rocks here. Everyone seems to think the good shit is dabs, but you can make dabs out of mids too (Plus dabs are a felony charge here - even for possession) - so there's really no quality control. And everyone over charges for dank. I've heard the best way to smoke Moon Rocks is from a hash pipe.

the best way is to roll it semi-loosely in a blunt

where u live?