Author Topic: YouTube's Acquires "G-Funk" Documentary Featuring Warren G, Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube  (Read 1206 times)

blazeindave213

• Muthafuckin' Don!
https://hiphopdx.com/news/id.47359/title.youtubes-acquires-g-funk-documentary-featuring-warren-g-snoop-dogg-ice-cube-YouTube has announced it acquired the new documentary, G-Funk: The Untold Story of Warren G and How Hip-Hop’s Most Iconic Sub-Genre Came To Be. The film tells the story of how the sub-genre rose to prominence in the early ’90s through various accounts of its pioneers.

Featuring never-before-seen footage and interviews with Warren G, Snoop Dogg, Chuck D, Ice Cube, Ice T, Too Short, The D.O.C., Wiz Khalifa and others, G-Funk dives into Warren G’s story and G-Funk’s impact on pop culture.

“I really wanted people to experience the world of West Coast Hip Hop seen through my eyes, and also how it helped inspire and evolve the current music of today,” Warren G said in a press release. “We all knew we were creating something dope but didn’t realize it would have such a lasting effect on music indefinitely.”

The “Regulate” legend recently hosted an advance screening of the film at the American Black Film Festival 2018 in Miami Beach, Florida

hoe, if I tell yo flea to pull a tree you get a chain and hook his lil ass up.

Okka

I forgot about this documentary. I was tryin' to look for it for a long time. I'm glad it's finally bein released.

k1000

I forgot about this documentary. I was tryin' to look for it for a long time. I'm glad it's finally bein released.

same

Sccit

youtube only?

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
Good that someone's distributing it, shame it'll be to stream from youtube, would like a physical copy.

Prolly better for the environment though.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Malcy

Good that someone's distributing it, shame it'll be to stream from youtube, would like a physical copy.

Prolly better for the environment though.

Rip and Burn.

DJSpin

Much like a Netflix show, it could be done. 

When does this air?  Do I need YouTube red to watch it?