Author Topic: YouTube Releases "G-Funk" Trailer Featuring Nate Dogg, Warren G, Snoop & More  (Read 1218 times)

Okka

YouTube has shared the first official trailer for G-Funk: The Untold Story of Warren G and How Hip-Hop’s Most Iconic Sub-Genre Came To Be.

Set to Nate Dogg and Warren G’s iconic hit “Regulate,” the 40-second trailer features vintage footage of the late Nate Dogg and interviews with The D.O.C. and Snoop Dogg.

YouTube has shared the first official trailer for G-Funk: The Untold Story of Warren G and How Hip-Hop’s Most Iconic Sub-Genre Came To Be.

Set to Nate Dogg and Warren G’s iconic hit “Regulate,” the 40-second trailer features vintage footage of the late Nate Dogg and interviews with The D.O.C. and Snoop Dogg.

“With never-before-seen footage and interviews, Warren G, Snoop Dogg, and other West Coast legends detail the rise of G Funk and its impact on both hip-hop and pop culture,” the description reads.

The documentary is expected to premiere exclusively on YouTube on July 11.

Check out the trailer above.

[The original version of this article was published on June 20, 2018 and can be found below.]

YouTube has announced it acquired the new documentary, G-Funk: The Untold Story of Warren G and How Hip-Hop’s Most Iconic Sub-Genre Came To Be. The film tells the story of how the sub-genre rose to prominence in the early ’90s through various accounts of its pioneers.

Featuring never-before-seen footage and interviews with Warren G, Snoop Dogg, Chuck D, Ice Cube, Ice T, Too Short, The D.O.C., Wiz Khalifa and others, G-Funk dives into Warren G’s story and G-Funk’s impact on pop culture.

“I really wanted people to experience the world of West Coast Hip Hop seen through my eyes, and also how it helped inspire and evolve the current music of today,” Warren G said in a press release. “We all knew we were creating something dope but didn’t realize it would have such a lasting effect on music indefinitely.”

The “Regulate” legend recently hosted an advance screening of the film at the American Black Film Festival 2018 in Miami Beach, Florida.

G-Funk marks the first feature film from 24-year-old director Karam Gill and is expected to premiere on July 22.

https://hiphopdx.com/news/id.47359/title.youtubes-acquires-g-funk-documentary-featuring-warren-g-snoop-dogg-ice-cube-more
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 04:48:36 AM by Okka »

Mista Rosa

A 213 soundtrack to this would have been super dope. Warren G got material. And I wish he would release that Long Beach Is A Motherfucker track !!!
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

Okka

A 213 soundtrack to this would have been super dope. Warren G got material. And I wish he would release that Long Beach Is A Motherfucker track !!!

For sure, but how many people would buy that though? I think Warren doesn't wanna release music 'cause he doesn't sell like he used to.

Dogg Ly Dogg

For sure, but how many people would buy that though? I think Warren doesn't wanna release music 'cause he doesn't sell like he used to.

He too busy BBQin' these days

k1000

BBQin's cool though.

dnjp4life

Looks cool.  I agree now is the time to properly release the 213 demo so that fans of g-funk can finally hear it in full.

bouli77

He's actually working with a few artists. That white guy he groomed, fell out with and then got back with, Mike Slice. and he's got Chucc Taylor, whom he posted videos on instagram of them working in the studios. There's been videos of him and Battlecat producing in the studio as well. and lately he's been seen with Saviii3rd (who seems to be the next big thing out of Long Beach) in the studio, on stage and even in Def Jam's offices.

hopefully some of that material comes out one day.

dexter

with silva satin

BBQin's cool though.

Dogg Ly Dogg

He's actually working with a few artists. That white guy he groomed, fell out with and then got back with, Mike Slice. and he's got Chucc Taylor, whom he posted videos on instagram of them working in the studios. There's been videos of him and Battlecat producing in the studio as well. and lately he's been seen with Saviii3rd (who seems to be the next big thing out of Long Beach) in the studio, on stage and even in Def Jam's offices.

hopefully some of that material comes out one day.

Well there's a lot of videos/IG/pics of Warren with new artists I've seen them, but I saw a lot of them these past few years but nothing came out... last thing Warren dropped was a 5 songs EP that was supposed to be the sequel to his debut so yeah basically he just bbqin' these days  ;D