Author Topic: legends and respected artists you just never got into or don’t care for?  (Read 3754 times)

Blood$

Biggie for me. Always thought he was slightly overrated & was always team Pac. Just kind of turned me off to him.

when I was in 5th - 6th grade, I loved Biggie and he was my favorite... never heard much 2Pac at that point in time other than his big singles and didn't find him to be anything special, fast forward a year later in 7th grade when my cousins played me his greatest hits CD and my opinion instantly changed lol 2Pac is now my personal favorite artist of all time

The following users thanked this post: Sccit, OriginalVersion

Okka

Damn. I can't believe some of the messages.
I’m sure you have a few artists in mind too

I do. I'll post my list soon.

BakinSodaFree

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nathaniel Dwayne Hale - The greatest singer ever.
Slick Rick
Rakim
Big L

Under the society, still only god`s above me

R.I.P Nate Dogg.
You will forever be missed, but never forgotten.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Biggie for me. Always thought he was slightly overrated & was always team Pac. Just kind of turned me off to him.

when I was in 5th - 6th grade, I loved Biggie and he was my favorite... never heard much 2Pac at that point in time other than his big singles and didn't find him to be anything special, fast forward a year later in 7th grade when my cousins played me his greatest hits CD and my opinion instantly changed lol 2Pac is now my personal favorite artist of all time

Yeah, Pac was just too real.

Did it affect your views of Big?

Blood$

Yeah, Pac was just too real.

Did it affect your views of Big?

to be honest, nah lol I love Biggie but he can't fuck with Pac though  8)

Sccit

i always thought mc eiht was dope but never got into his shit like that

it’s funny cuz doggy hit me up askin if i checked 1 of his older albums and it just dawned on me that he may be the only legendary west coast rapper i was never really drawn to

Sccit

Got 1 pac album, the one with ICE T and ICE Cube feature.
Got big and nas Best of cds only. Nutin more.

damn

that’s insane to me

The following users thanked this post: Okka, Blood$

Blood$

i always thought mc eiht was dope but never got into his shit like that

it’s funny cuz doggy hit me up askin if i checked 1 of his older albums and it just dawned on me that he may be the only legendary west coast rapper i was never really drawn to

I love some of Eiht's work but he does have a fair amount of subpar material in his catalog that I think turned a lot of people, especially casual listeners, off over the years lol

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

dnjp4life

There are quite a few for me, mainly because I just haven't got round to checking most of their albums yet.  Some I can think of off top right now:

Nas - I have a couple of his essential albums but haven't had the desire yet to listen to his others.
Jay-Z - The same as with Nas, I haven't listened to the majority of his discography.
Wu-Tang Clan - this applies to both solo and group efforts, one day I will delve deeper into their catalogue because I know they've got some great stuff.
The Roots - I've never been into them at all.

There are a lot more, but those are the ones that immediately come to mind.

As for MF Doom, I can understand why people have reservations about him; admittedly his music is not the sort you put in your car and ride around to, or listen to at the gym etc, but I urge people to at least give his music a chance.  He's one of the most original, unique and humurous lyricists out there, and there's definitely stuff of his that you will like/love if you put in the effort  8)

blazeindave213

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Krs 1 - never liked his rhymes his flow his voice nothing

Common - man stick to movies and shows

B liget - he ripped off too shorts flow imo

Busta rhymes - didnt like the yelling

Q-tip just garbage
hoe, if I tell yo flea to pull a tree you get a chain and hook his lil ass up.

Blood$

I'd have to also include The Roots and KRS-One lol outside of a few cool albums I heard, nothing they released ever blew my mind like that

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie

Q-tip just garbage

I felt the same way about Common, but one album absolutely blew me away.  "BE".  The majority of his albums are not good, but that album is amazing.  Made me a fan.  Unfortunately he hasn't been able to duplicate it since.  Finding Forever and The Dreamer/Believer are pretty good runner ups. 

Blood$

Q-tip just garbage

I felt the same way about Common, but one album absolutely blew me away.  "BE".  The majority of his albums are not good, but that album is amazing.  Made me a fan.  Unfortunately he hasn't been able to duplicate it since.  Finding Forever and The Dreamer/Believer are pretty good runner ups.

I agree with that also, Like Water For Chocolate was good too though

doggfather

Q-tip just garbage

I agree with that also, Like Water For Chocolate was good too though

nah, hes best is finding forever. its like BE on a higher level.
and dont forget bout universal mind control. that is amazin futuristic hip hop from neptunes and common.

and i forget reakwon from my list. he is the only one from the Clan i cant feel.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Nas - I have a couple of his essential albums but haven't had the desire yet to listen to his others.
Jay-Z - The same as with Nas, I haven't listened to the majority of his discography.
Wu-Tang Clan - this applies to both solo and group efforts, one day I will delve deeper into their catalogue because I know they've got some great stuff.
The Roots - I've never been into them at all.

wow lmfao. You're entitled to your opinion, but you cannnnnnot live anywhere near the East Coast lol.