Author Topic: legends and respected artists you just never got into or donít care for?  (Read 494 times)

Blood$

I'd have to also include The Roots and KRS-One lol outside of a few cool albums I heard, nothing they released ever blew my mind like that

Soopafly DPGC

Krs 1 - never liked his rhymes his flow his voice nothing

Common - man stick to movies and shows

B liget - he ripped off too shorts flow imo

Busta rhymes - didnt like the yelling

Q-tip just garbage

I felt the same way about Common, but one album absolutely blew me away.  "BE".  The majority of his albums are not good, but that album is amazing.  Made me a fan.  Unfortunately he hasn't been able to duplicate it since.  Finding Forever and The Dreamer/Believer are pretty good runner ups. 

Blood$

Q-tip just garbage

I felt the same way about Common, but one album absolutely blew me away.  "BE".  The majority of his albums are not good, but that album is amazing.  Made me a fan.  Unfortunately he hasn't been able to duplicate it since.  Finding Forever and The Dreamer/Believer are pretty good runner ups.

I agree with that also, Like Water For Chocolate was good too though

doggfather

Q-tip just garbage

I agree with that also, Like Water For Chocolate was good too though

nah, hes best is finding forever. its like BE on a higher level.
and dont forget bout universal mind control. that is amazin futuristic hip hop from neptunes and common.

and i forget reakwon from my list. he is the only one from the Clan i cant feel.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

http://dogg-n-roll.blog.hu/

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

Chamillitary Click

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Nas - I have a couple of his essential albums but haven't had the desire yet to listen to his others.
Jay-Z - The same as with Nas, I haven't listened to the majority of his discography.
Wu-Tang Clan - this applies to both solo and group efforts, one day I will delve deeper into their catalogue because I know they've got some great stuff.
The Roots - I've never been into them at all.

wow lmfao. You're entitled to your opinion, but you cannnnnnot live anywhere near the East Coast lol.

Blood$

Nas - I have a couple of his essential albums but haven't had the desire yet to listen to his others.
Jay-Z - The same as with Nas, I haven't listened to the majority of his discography.
Wu-Tang Clan - this applies to both solo and group efforts, one day I will delve deeper into their catalogue because I know they've got some great stuff.

wow lmfao. You're entitled to your opinion, but you cannnnnnot live anywhere near the East Coast lol.

right lol

I can definitely appreciate that brutal honesty, that's what I made this thread for  8)

dnjp4life

You're right about that - I'm actually from England.  I guess what I meant when I wrote those artists isn't that I'm not into them, it's more that I haven't yet checked out a lot of their albums other than the essential ones, something that I will get round to doing in the future.  I actually own multiple albums from all those that I listed, but for example I own more 2Pac, Snoop Dogg, Eminem etc albums than them, and tend to listen to those artists more often.

Okka

Great topic. Hard to believe some of the names though. I never fucked with A Tribe Called Quest. Q-Tip is a dope producer though. De La Soul is another group that makes music that just isn't for me. Sure both groups got classics, but i never really honestly cared for these two groups and their music. Another artist is E-40, he has classic songs, but i remember hatin' his flow when i was a kid. I've been meaning to give "Hall Of Game" a spin though 'cause i love "Rapper's Ball". I wasn't into Jay-Z when i was a kid, our whole neighborhood hated him for some reason. Everybody felt that he was fake. I always liked a few of his songs though and these days i own most of his discography and consider him a great MC.