Author Topic: legends and respected artists you just never got into or don’t care for?  (Read 3724 times)

Blood$

Nas - I have a couple of his essential albums but haven't had the desire yet to listen to his others.
Jay-Z - The same as with Nas, I haven't listened to the majority of his discography.
Wu-Tang Clan - this applies to both solo and group efforts, one day I will delve deeper into their catalogue because I know they've got some great stuff.
The Roots - I've never been into them at all.

wow lmfao. You're entitled to your opinion, but you cannnnnnot live anywhere near the East Coast lol.

right lol

I can definitely appreciate that brutal honesty, that's what I made this thread for  8)

dnjp4life

Nas - I have a couple of his essential albums but haven't had the desire yet to listen to his others.
Jay-Z - The same as with Nas, I haven't listened to the majority of his discography.
Wu-Tang Clan - this applies to both solo and group efforts, one day I will delve deeper into their catalogue because I know they've got some great stuff.

wow lmfao. You're entitled to your opinion, but you cannnnnnot live anywhere near the East Coast lol.

You're right about that - I'm actually from England.  I guess what I meant when I wrote those artists isn't that I'm not into them, it's more that I haven't yet checked out a lot of their albums other than the essential ones, something that I will get round to doing in the future.  I actually own multiple albums from all those that I listed, but for example I own more 2Pac, Snoop Dogg, Eminem etc albums than them, and tend to listen to those artists more often.

Okka

Great topic. Hard to believe some of the names though. I never fucked with A Tribe Called Quest. Q-Tip is a dope producer though. De La Soul is another group that makes music that just isn't for me. Sure both groups got classics, but i never really honestly cared for these two groups and their music. Another artist is E-40, he has classic songs, but i remember hatin' his flow when i was a kid. I've been meaning to give "Hall Of Game" a spin though 'cause i love "Rapper's Ball". I wasn't into Jay-Z when i was a kid, our whole neighborhood hated him for some reason. Everybody felt that he was fake. I always liked a few of his songs though and these days i own most of his discography and consider him a great MC.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Oh, E-40 for sure.

You're right about that - I'm actually from England.  I guess what I meant when I wrote those artists isn't that I'm not into them, it's more that I haven't yet checked out a lot of their albums other than the essential ones, something that I will get round to doing in the future.  I actually own multiple albums from all those that I listed, but for example I own more 2Pac, Snoop Dogg, Eminem etc albums than them, and tend to listen to those artists more often.

Let us know when you listen to the heart of Jay & Nas' discography & let us know if you're still not really into them.

I'm just curious.

Blood$

Great topic. Hard to believe some of the names though. I never fucked with A Tribe Called Quest. Q-Tip is a dope producer though. De La Soul is another group that makes music that just isn't for me. Sure both groups got classics, but i never really honestly cared for these two groups and their music. Another artist is E-40, he has classic songs, but i remember hatin' his flow when i was a kid. I've been meaning to give "Hall Of Game" a spin though 'cause i love "Rapper's Ball". I wasn't into Jay-Z when i was a kid, our whole neighborhood hated him for some reason. Everybody felt that he was fake. I always liked a few of his songs though and these days i own most of his discography and consider him a great MC.

add De La Soul to my list too hah

Hall Of Game is a classic, one of E-40's best works for sure  8)

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

For me
Mac Dre (never got into his music, only think he's considered a legend because he died)
I'm glad i'm not the only one who feels the same way.  Us so-cals have been cheated out of hearing some good music on the radio.  I never heard of Mac Dre until he was murdered.  He doesn't sound how he looks.  Some of his facial expressions he has, you'd think he'd sound like Mustafa of the Gangstas.  When I think of no-cal legends, I always think of Too short & E-40. 

Not a legend but I could never get into Kokane's music.

Wu Tang Clan.  Method Man's alright though. 
Kurtis Blow, I do like the basketball song. 
Public Enemy- only album I like is the nation of millions album.  But wasn't feeling them after that.  Got tired of flava flav constantly acting a darn fool & fucking up.  The original DMX, if you think about it.  And annoyed by people thinking I like flava flav. 
Lil Wayne after 2004.

Dogg Ly Dogg

Interesting thread and yeah even though Im planing on covering every rappers or groups in Hip-Hop, there's a lot of stuff I haven't check yet...

Scarface / Geto Boys / Rap-A-Lot catalog  - except for the most commons

Master P / No Limit catalog - except for Mystikal, Snoop and the some albums here and there from C-Murder, Fiend etc.

Public Enemy // KRS-One & Boogie Down // De La Soul  - Not my generation so I havent yet find the time to check it out more than a few classic songs

MF Doom - I own Madvillainy LP but I never found the time to check his full catalog

Cash Money catalog - I'm talking about the catalog pre-2005 except for Juvenile

Probably more of the stuff from the 80s, 90s, I own most of the stuff but we're flooded by music these days that it is hard to listen to old stuff!

Game-Won

Of high selling Legends - I think Jay-Z is hyped.. Love 99Problems and D.o.A and Watch the throne cd - Blueprint and reasonable doubt are classics.

But he aint top 5 to me like Pac, Game, Dmx, Nas or Eminem to me. - Kendrick, J Cole and Drake all pushing to enter.

SO MANY are underrated tho, but its all a matter of opnion like i can not fuckin believe anyone add pac in this list, Pac is the soul of rap and hip hop to me.

"I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses."
- Kobe

Sccit

Of high selling Legends - I think Jay-Z is hyped.. Love 99Problems and D.o.A and Watch the throne cd - Blueprint and reasonable doubt are classics.

But he aint top 5 to me like Pac, Game, Dmx, Nas or Eminem to me. - Kendrick, J Cole and Drake all pushing to enter.

SO MANY are underrated tho, but its all a matter of opnion like i can not fuckin believe anyone add pac in this list, Pac is the soul of rap and hip hop to me.

lol @ drake n j cole pushing to enter the top 5

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^lol @ Game already being in the top 5.

Sccit

^lol @ Game already being in the top 5.

that’s pretty funny as well

Dogg Ly Dogg

The Game has been in the game for more than a decade and has several great albums, I can understand people ranking him in their top 5, he's probably in my top 20 as well, Ive been a huge fan when he first came out!

Sccit

The Game has been in the game for more than a decade and has several great albums, I can understand people ranking him in their top 5, he's probably in my top 20 as well, Ive been a huge fan when he first came out!

GAME AT LEAST HAS CLASSICS UNDER HIS BELT, SO ILL GIVE U THAT

BUT AS A PURE RAPPER? NAAH

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!

I mean it's a West Coast forum; I understand why people have him that high.

I think Documentary is a classic, Doctor's Advocate is a West Coast classic & Documentary 2.5 is a personal classic.

But there are just so many more artists than have come out & are currently out that puts him way lower on the list for me.

Blood$

I can understand and respect Game coming into someone's personal top 5, and although he is one of the best of this past generation I'd probably rank him in maybe my top 25-50 respectively

Cole and Kendrick would be in my top 100 lol