Author Topic: legends and respected artists you just never got into or don’t care for?  (Read 3752 times)

BIGWORM

KRS-1(maybe like 3 tracks)
Kendrick Lamar(overated and too artsy fartsy for me)
Nipssey Hustle(seems to just smash words together that dont rhyme)
No-Limit catalogue (wackness pilled on wackness, smothered with shit)
Flesh-N-Bone(says a whole lot of nothing)
Drake(since when does biting and being a emo bitch make you cool)
Bizzare of D12(what the fuck I take shits that sound better than him)
Fat Joe
Mack 10
LL cool j

And every new school retard rapper with funny hair, the all suck.

doggfather

suprised so many o you say KRS-One here.

have u ever seen him live?
hes a monster on the stage.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Sccit

comin from the guy who said nas big and pac smh

doggfather

comin from the guy who said nas big and pac smh

right, but neva seen them live.  ;D
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

ThaDoctorIsIn

• Lil Geezy
Bizzare of D12(what the fuck I take shits that sound better than him)

This shit made me lol. I think we can all agree Bizarre sucks.

But for me, I’m just recently getting into Hov, and idk why, I’ve never really been a big fan of his, kinda feel like he’s overrated. I love Blueprint & Black Album, I thought Reasonable Doubt & Watch The Throne were good, but everything else either didn’t interest me or I haven’t heard. It felt like a chore for me listening to Blueprint 2, the only songs I can remember that I liked were the Timbaland track with Kanye on it, the song with Dre and Rakim, and the title track.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
I figured this would make for an interesting thread so I’ll start it off:

Talib Kweli - outside of BlackStar and Reflection Eternal, I was not moved by any other albums I heard and find his voice/flow to be pretty boring after awhile, he’s kinda carried by great production

Mos Def - also outside of BlackStar, didn’t care for any of his solo work and the way some people have hyped him up over the years just makes me find him to be over-rated

Cypress Hill - their first album was alright, Temples Of Boom is a classic, outside of that I didn’t care for much else and I can only tolerate B-Real’s voice for so long, but I respect him as a person and as a legend in the rap/weed game... B-Real and Berner albums were dope too though

Joe Budden - has some great songs scattered in his catalog and a few solid tapes but zero classic albums, his flow can also be a snoozer after just a few songs

Royce Da 5”9 - I’ve only copped the Prhyme albums because I feel Primo brings the best out of him and their chemistry can’t be denied, was never impressed with any of his other albums and always thought he was just an average rapper

Busta Rhymes - has classic songs and guest apperances but could never quite hold an entire album down, in my opinion... Anarchy is hard though

A Tribe Called Quest - yeah they’re legends with classic albums and all, but I just didn’t grow up bumping their shit and never really gravitated toward their music, plus some of their super-fans are pretty fucking annoying lol

I’ll add more but that’s just off top

Props for the thread/discussion topic—and I’m gonna agree with a couple of yours.  Busts Rhymes and Tribe I respect and Busta even had the Aftermath album those cats have always been around and affiliated with artists I respect but I just never got into um.  Tribe was maybe a little too weak sort of like De La Soul I never got into them and Bustas sound was hype shit I don’t really feel.  Kind of like DMX is too hype for me but I respect him.

E-40 I respect but never really bumped even one of his songs.

Scarface I respect but only bumped 2 of his joints and that’s “Smile” with PAC and “World Is A Ghetto” with Ghetto Boys.

KRS-1 I respect and love so much as a hip hop intellectual but never really bumped anything from him other than his 16 on Dre’s “East West Killaz”.

Kendrick Lamar is the best of the new generation but I’m Infinite trapped in 96’ so who gives a fuck about the new generation but I respect him
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

The following users thanked this post: Blood$

Okka

Damn, Infinite. You really need to bump Scarface's "The Untouchable". "Game Over" (with Dre and Cube) is on that album.

The following users thanked this post: Blood$