Author Topic: Cousins is a terrible fit for The Toon Town  (Read 114 times)

Shhit on SCCit

My name is Nik
I am a wigga I am wigga
I almost signed to JT the Bigga Figga

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Cousins is a terrible fit for The Toon Town
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 11:46:20 AM »
Conspiracy theory time.

I'm convinced people from the media are pushing this "Cousins isn't a good fit", "I'm not buying this makes them unbeatable" narrative because ESPN/Fox Sports is making them push it. Those companies have ties to the NBA & the NBA isn't allowing people in the sports media to trash the NBA to the point of "unwatchable".

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 04:16:18 PM »
Conspiracy theory time.

I'm convinced people from the media are pushing this "Cousins isn't a good fit", "I'm not buying this makes them unbeatable" narrative because ESPN/Fox Sports is making them push it. Those companies have ties to the NBA & the NBA isn't allowing people in the sports media to trash the NBA to the point of "unwatchable".

facts

everyone knows this is a wrap and the NBA is trash as a competitive product

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 06:44:08 PM »
I don't know if it's because we live in a time of "HOT TAKE" on the internet. People saying outrageous shit so they can go back & say "see I told you" & going against the grain. But everyone is trying to jump on the "Boogie ain't a thang" bandwagon.

The Warriors would literally cut him if he actually became an internal locker room problem. They don't even need him & 2019 would still be a wrap.

Fully healthy, Boogie is probably the 10th best player in the league. He's hands down better than Klay & Dray. I would almost go out on a limb & say if there was a team of scrubs & you had to pick between Steph & Boogie to be your star player, the Boogie team would be better. So arguably, fully recovered & healthy, the second best player on the best team we've ever seen already.

How you go from McGee & Zaza to the closest thing the league has seen to Shaq & say "it won't work" is retarded. He averaged 25 & 13 before the injury lmao. Cut the points in half & 14 & 13 with the other 4 all stars is reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetarded of a replacement for those other two as you can get.

Sccit

• Made
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • אליאור
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 08:40:58 AM »
I don't know if it's because we live in a time of "HOT TAKE" on the internet. People saying outrageous shit so they can go back & say "see I told you" & going against the grain. But everyone is trying to jump on the "Boogie ain't a thang" bandwagon.

The Warriors would literally cut him if he actually became an internal locker room problem. They don't even need him & 2019 would still be a wrap.

Fully healthy, Boogie is probably the 10th best player in the league. He's hands down better than Klay & Dray. I would almost go out on a limb & say if there was a team of scrubs & you had to pick between Steph & Boogie to be your star player, the Boogie team would be better. So arguably, fully recovered & healthy, the second best player on the best team we've ever seen already.

How you go from McGee & Zaza to the closest thing the league has seen to Shaq & say "it won't work" is retarded. He averaged 25 & 13 before the injury lmao. Cut the points in half & 14 & 13 with the other 4 all stars is reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetarded of a replacement for those other two as you can get.

the problem with this is

a.he’s not gunna be the same

and

b.he won’t be ready until at least all-star break

fuck the signing but GS has proven that they’re very beatable

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Made
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2018, 10:11:51 AM »
I was thinking the same as Sccit... (WTF?)

I don't see it with Cousins. At first, it was a bomb shell. This was the signing that I was like, well, let's not trade for Kawhi right now and save it for free agency next year. But when you look at it, Cousins has an injury that no one has been the same afterwards, and latest reports are he's missing the whole season. He might be back for the playoffs. If that's the case, it will be hard to work him into the rotation. It makes sense if Golden State suffers and injury to a big man, maybe Green gets hurt and you need someone to plug in now. Golden State is in position to have a Cousins floating around. But if everyone is healthy, then it would be hard because you have to take minutes to give to Cousins and that messes up rotations and chemistry.

Sccit

• Made
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • אליאור
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2018, 10:40:15 AM »

I don't see it with Cousins. At first, it was a bomb shell. This was the signing that I was like, well, let's not trade for Kawhi right now and save it for free agency next year. But when you look at it, Cousins has an injury that no one has been the same afterwards, and latest reports are he's missing the whole season. He might be back for the playoffs. If that's the case, it will be hard to work him into the rotation. It makes sense if Golden State suffers and injury to a big man, maybe Green gets hurt and you need someone to plug in now. Golden State is in position to have a Cousins floating around. But if everyone is healthy, then it would be hard because you have to take minutes to give to Cousins and that messes up rotations and chemistry.

damn .. i hate when fairweather laker fans agree with me smh

The following users thanked this post: M Dogg™

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Made
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2018, 11:19:29 AM »

damn .. i hate when fairweather laker fans agree with me smh

Fairweather? You talking to someone who cried like my own parent's death happened when Magic announced he had HIV. I go way back with the Lakers.

The following users thanked this post: Sccit