Author Topic: Warren G on Let’s Play House  (Read 955 times)

ThaDoctorIsIn

• Lil Geezy
Warren G on Let’s Play House
« on: July 11, 2018, 08:47:06 PM »
So I’ve read through the DubCNN forums before but realized I’d never made an account!

Anyway, I was watching the G-Funk documentary this morning before work, it just dropped on YouTube. Thought I wouldn’t hear shit I didn’t know but I finally have some more info on why exactly Warren G didn’t sign to Death Row, and what I got from it was they didn’t want to sign him/Suge didn’t like him. But what they didn’t touch upon is why Warren’s verse on Let’s Play House got left off Dogg Food and got replaced with a second Daz verse.

The documentary is leading me to believe it was Suge just not fucking with Warren, but I also read somewhere that Dre took it off during the mixing process? Anyone have any info on this?

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
Re: Warren G on Let’s Play House
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 10:49:16 AM »
Dunno, but at least now are able to own BOTH versions.

Dogg Food & Doggy Bag.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

ThaDoctorIsIn

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 03:47:37 PM »
I like the Dogg Food version better, personally. Dogg Food version has notably less profanity, which might be why Warren got taken off, but that doesn’t sound like it would be a legit reason. He didn’t really cuss on his verse.

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 10:44:12 AM »
Thought it always boiled down to Suge mad that Warren didn't sign to Death Row.  Death Row had Regulate on Above the Rim, then Warren rode that wave into making his own album on a different label successfully.  I'm sure Warren jumped on the "Let's Play House" track cause they were all in the studio one day.  Knowing it was doubtful that Suge wouldn't give them clearance to release it that way. 

You guys remember also that Dogg Pound recorded verses for Warren's track "What We Go Through" from his second album that Suge wouldn't give him clearance to use, although the track did end up on the "Smoking Me Out" import single.  Same thing. 

ThaDoctorIsIn

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2018, 03:01:18 PM »

Initially I don’t think Suge wanted Warren, but once Regulate blew he was upset he didn’t sign him when he had a chance. Warren and Snoop both said that once The Chronic dropped they wanted to sign Snoop but when asked about Warren, they said they would “get to him later”. This was in the G-Funk documentary.

In addition to this, Warren also said in that documentary that he and Nate were going to perform Regulate during an award show but Suge wasn’t going to let Nate perform it with Warren. Nate ended up doing it anyway, lol.