Author Topic: The "G-Funk" Documentary (Official Discussion Thread)  (Read 3053 times)

Okka

The "G-Funk" Documentary (Official Discussion Thread)
« on: July 12, 2018, 01:26:00 AM »

The documentary is finally out, have you seen it? What do you think about it?

DO NOT SHARE DOWNLOAD LINKS TO THE DOCUMENTARY.

doggfather

Re: The "G-Funk" Documentary (Official Discussion Thread)
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 02:01:26 AM »
gonna check one time.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

romson19

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 02:54:33 AM »
waste of time!! trust me!
RIP Nate Dogg
RIP Nipsey Hussle
RIP Bad Azz

Jay_J

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 03:00:33 AM »
i didnt know that warren-g leaded and guided his friends to make music and get rid of streets, gangs, jails and had been turned adrift after everybody survived to signed death row but him. damn it was a cool story how he stood on his feet alone and suceed. i also didnt know his role on making of the chronic.

begining of the documentary was also magical. it started with flash light from parliament and summer time in the lbc from dove shack with views from lbc. i was so impressed, with eyes and ears open wide.

the part nate was freestyling on regulaters beat when he heard it first time. what a talent. what a huge lost for music industry.

to listen the hisory from pioneers like ice-t, the d.o.c., warren and snoop... thats a must watch.

what ive found negative was they just mentioned above the law in just one sentence and didnt even mention dj quik's name. how could it be? its gfunk documentary and we are listening the same suge knight beef and stuff instead above the law and quik. however they could give more place to nate dogg in the story. because as d.o.c. said g-funk is three dudes. singer, rapper, producer. and we all know nobody does it better.

rip big nate dogg.

doggfather

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 03:04:24 AM »
waste of time!! trust me!

for real?
shit.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Fonky Fresh

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 03:11:06 AM »
So..where can i watch this doc, only the trailer is on youtube as far as i can tell
Watch Now Old School Rap Videos here: THIS PAGE
My soundcloud !

Okka

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2018, 05:22:44 AM »
i didnt know that warren-g leaded and guided his friends to make music and get rid of streets, gangs, jails and had been turned adrift after everybody survived to signed death row but him. damn it was a cool story how he stood on his feet alone and suceed. i also didnt know his role on making of the chronic.

What did the documentary say about that? I haven't seen it yet myself. I know Warren came up with some skits and samples though.

Okka

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2018, 05:30:47 AM »
So..where can i watch this doc, only the trailer is on youtube as far as i can tell

Right now it's only on Youtube Premium.

Jay_J

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2018, 06:36:08 AM »

What did the documentary say about that? I haven't seen it yet myself. I know Warren came up with some skits and samples though.

yes he came up with some skits, samples and ideas. for example; lil ghetto boy. he was a real collector according to himself.

romson19

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2018, 08:08:46 AM »
Dm me if u need a link
RIP Nate Dogg
RIP Nipsey Hussle
RIP Bad Azz

The following users thanked this post: doggfather, Mr Wicked

dexter

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2018, 11:47:09 AM »

WestWestYA

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2018, 01:35:41 PM »
Nothing new heard these stories 100 times before was a waste of 90 minutes 4 me. Only good for new heads i guess which i doubt they'll watch.

romson19

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2018, 01:41:55 PM »
I told y'all  :)
RIP Nate Dogg
RIP Nipsey Hussle
RIP Bad Azz

lbc213

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2018, 02:15:07 PM »
Nothing new heard these stories 100 times before was a waste of 90 minutes 4 me. Only good for new heads i guess which i doubt they'll watch.

I am also a little disappointed, expected more...

Fonky Fresh

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2018, 02:00:08 AM »
That was a cool doc , some add-ons of what i already knew  but i'm always bothered with how little attention is given to above the law/ Big Hutch. 2Pac coined the term gfunk "officially" on record. The Black Mafia Lp came after the chronic for label/ business reasons (but was finished way before '92 according to Hutch).
I didn't know Dre at the time, i knew Snoop (heavy rotation on radio here in France i recall) and Warren G was everywhere. The first Lp i bought was regulate Gfunk era on cassette. My theory is Def Jam deal certainly helped to sell in europe (because of it's aura/past renown acts ) and then it took off.DJ's weren't reluctant to play the song, booking tours here & there. That's how you become a star i guess.And of course a well polished album.
Next thing you know everybody's doing gfunk even pop artists aha (u know funky type tracks minus the gangster tip)

Anyways, only old timers like me give a damn, this is crap oops trap music now

Watch Now Old School Rap Videos here: THIS PAGE
My soundcloud !