Author Topic: The "G-Funk" Documentary (Official Discussion Thread)  (Read 3052 times)

romson19

Re: The "G-Funk" Documentary (Official Discussion Thread)
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2018, 09:50:07 AM »
Much better than doc

RIP Nate Dogg
RIP Nipsey Hussle
RIP Bad Azz

dexter

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2018, 11:26:06 AM »
That was a cool doc , some add-ons of what i already knew  but i'm always bothered with how little attention is given to above the law/ Big Hutch. 2Pac coined the term gfunk "officially" on record. The Black Mafia Lp came after the chronic for label/ business reasons (but was finished way before '92 according to Hutch).
I didn't know Dre at the time, i knew Snoop (heavy rotation on radio here in France i recall) and Warren G was everywhere. The first Lp i bought was regulate Gfunk era on cassette. My theory is Def Jam deal certainly helped to sell in europe (because of it's aura/past renown acts ) and then it took off.DJ's weren't reluctant to play the song, booking tours here & there. That's how you become a star i guess.And of course a well polished album.
Next thing you know everybody's doing gfunk even pop artists aha (u know funky type tracks minus the gangster tip)

Anyways, only old timers like me give a damn, this is crap oops trap music now
fuck tha poLICE

ThaDoctorIsIn

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2018, 09:39:21 AM »
I thought the documentary was cool. Nothing we didn’t already know, but it does give a bit of insight as to why Warren didn’t sign with Death Row + his relationship with Suge.

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2018, 12:11:22 PM »
Apparently the G Child will drop new material this week? seems like its gonna be a song called "Shut Up"  8)

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2018, 06:57:28 AM »
Apparently the G Child will drop new material this week? seems like its gonna be a song called "Shut Up"  8)

Hopefully it's G-Funk.  For a guy who owes everything he has to G-Funk music, he sure tries to distance himself from it.  But then whenever he needs money, or to get back in the public eye, it's stuff like this G-Funk documentary that does it, not his new music trying to sound current and relevant.

I am a big fan of Warren, but I always hoped he'd make music in the vein of Foesum, Shade Sheist, etc, that embrace the G-Funk sound and make that sort of music and doesn't try to make 'current sounding' music.  With the success of the documentary, hopefully he goes back to that OG sound on this new track (and new album if that's in the works).

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2018, 12:34:02 PM »

Hopefully it's G-Funk.  For a guy who owes everything he has to G-Funk music, he sure tries to distance himself from it.  But then whenever he needs money, or to get back in the public eye, it's stuff like this G-Funk documentary that does it, not his new music trying to sound current and relevant.

I am a big fan of Warren, but I always hoped he'd make music in the vein of Foesum, Shade Sheist, etc, that embrace the G-Funk sound and make that sort of music and doesn't try to make 'current sounding' music.  With the success of the documentary, hopefully he goes back to that OG sound on this new track (and new album if that's in the works).

I dont know for the song but he just post a clip of his new artist Mike Slice EP and it sounds real G-Funk to me !

« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 12:35:48 PM by Dogg Ly Dogg »

Sccit

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2018, 12:54:38 PM »

I dont know for the song but he just post a clip of his new artist Mike Slice EP and it sounds real G-Funk to me !

damn that beat is so smooth, a shame that artist is pretty weak

bouli77

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2018, 07:20:45 AM »
Warren was supposed to develop saviii3rd but dude just got snatched by Wack100 and Cash Money. You can see Warren and Big Fave throwing subliminals here and there on their social media accounts.

ThaDoctorIsIn

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2018, 07:39:22 AM »
Warren was supposed to develop saviii3rd but dude just got snatched by Wack100 and Cash Money. You can see Warren and Big Fave throwing subliminals here and there on their social media accounts.

Yeah, I’ve been seeing less and less of him on Warren’s instagram. Dude is nice, would’ve been cool to see him under Warren’s wing.

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2018, 07:57:30 AM »

And Saviii3rd aint all that imo, he did not impress me so far

Mista Rosa

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2018, 03:24:51 PM »

Yeah, I’ve been seeing less and less of him on Warren’s instagram. Dude is nice, would’ve been cool to see him under Warren’s wing.

Speaking of Warren G's social network, there was a short clip on Instagram of Chuck Tayla aka Chuck Tayla the Great freestyling, it was super dope but it has been taken off, I cannot find it anywhere. Man I hope it will get released as a complete track because that instrumental was addictive.
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

bouli77

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2018, 05:22:53 AM »
I read in the comment section of one of Warren G’s posts that Chucc Tayla wasn’t down with G-Funk anymore. Dudes seem to be burning bridges with Warren.

And Saviii3rd aint all that imo, he did not impress me so far

Exactly. His song is extra dope but I do not see jim carrying more than an album by himself. Cash Money isn’t the best label to release albums too, esp nowadays

gio™fugahoo

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2018, 07:51:44 AM »

Speaking of Warren G's social network, there was a short clip on Instagram of Chuck Tayla aka Chuck Tayla the Great freestyling, it was super dope but it has been taken off, I cannot find it anywhere. Man I hope it will get released as a complete track because that instrumental was

Mista Rosa

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2018, 01:53:59 PM »

Speaking of Warren G's social network, there was a short clip on Instagram of Chuck Tayla aka Chuck Tayla the Great freestyling, it was super dope but it has been taken off, I cannot find it anywhere. Man I hope it will get released as a complete track because that instrumental was

Hi, not this unfortunately.

It is a very recent freestyle, Saviii3rd sat next to him on that couch. Chuck was on fire and the beat super catchy. Hit potential, maybe that's why Warren G took it off. I hope he is making it a proper track. Chuuuch.
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

Okka

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2018, 02:28:12 AM »
I finally saw the documentary. There was not a lot of information i didn't already know, but it was still a great documentary. Sometimes i feel kinda sorry for Warren for shit that happened to him, but he found success on his own and made A LOT of classic music. I'm happy that there's finally a documentary about him.

There could've been more about Nate Dogg though.