Author Topic: The "G-Funk" Documentary (Official Discussion Thread)  (Read 3050 times)

Space RockStar SkyStalker Machine

Re: The "G-Funk" Documentary (Official Discussion Thread)
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2018, 02:45:21 AM »
All is fair in love & war

Up until your head grows big

Warren G rules

Jay_J

« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2023, 08:55:29 AM »
this was a good documentary really. everyone here should watch.

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2023, 12:55:01 PM »
Where can you go to watch it?
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Jay_J

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2023, 01:05:37 PM »

abusive

« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2023, 05:23:53 PM »
smh. so i make a thread with the full movie, yous delete, up this old thread and only repost it after someone ask for it?  :dirty:
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

Sccit

« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2023, 08:55:25 PM »
smh. so i make a thread with the full movie, yous delete, up this old thread and only repost it after someone ask for it?  :dirty:

lol youre right, your thread should have been merged into this one if anything

looks like jay_j was tryna keep it in the original thread, but in this instance deleting the video isn’t as productive as merging

at least we got it now tho .. i still need to watch this 

The following users thanked this post: abusive

Jay_J

« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2023, 02:45:42 AM »

lol youre right, your thread should have been merged into this one if anything

looks like jay_j was tryna keep it in the original thread, but in this instance deleting the video isn’t as productive as merging

at least we got it now tho .. i still need to watch this

the post was not proper to be merged into the original thread, it was going to make him look funny. it's been long time documentary was released and being dicussed here. so i wanted to boost this thread so he can see and read and he still feels offended :)

Jay_J

« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2023, 03:09:45 AM »

thanks to our member "Abusive" for reminding the project and video link.  ;)

abusive

« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2023, 06:17:38 AM »
the post was not proper to be merged into the original thread, it was going to make him look funny. it's been long time documentary was released and being dicussed here. so i wanted to boost this thread so he can see and read and he still feels offended :)
I see you got your feelings hurt over one of my post. Grow up.
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

Jay_J

« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2023, 10:21:04 AM »
I see you got your feelings hurt over one of my post. Grow up.

Dude how old are you really? I'm tired of reading you keep crying under every thread. Search before you post something next time and dont put yourself into this position again. That was your fault not mine. There is a forum rules link somewhere which tells how to use it also. Go learn. We are not babysitting here.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2023, 08:21:26 PM »
damn can't wait to see this, didn't know about it (will watch this weekend)

...and what the hell is up with that DOC doc seems like it will never actually drop, just him doing a bunch of interviews talking about his time in Atlanta which was totally innocuous (and leaving out the period of time that he lived with Dre and made all his most legendary contributions to the game) and posing like some great humanitarian just cause he lost his voice
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Jay_J

« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2023, 03:49:23 AM »
in the documentary, the scene i loved the most is Ice-T telling the difference between east coast and west coast. he tells very clear about how lifestyle of each coasts effected their music to be shaped. Ice-T is like a book when it comes to culture.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2023, 06:01:51 AM »
in the documentary, the scene i loved the most is Ice-T telling the difference between east coast and west coast. he tells very clear about how lifestyle of each coasts effected their music to be shaped. Ice-T is like a book when it comes to culture.

That's been said before and said better.  I'm trying to remember where exactly but someone said it more profoundly in a previous documentary about East Coast being the stinky subways and headphones and the West Coast being the palm trees, beaches and 6-4's in fact I remember where it was it was the editors note at the beginning of the Source mag with Dre leaving Death Row I think.  One of those from that summer of 96'.  I'm not saying Ice Tea copied it I'm just saying these guys was just saying a lot of shit already said, and said better before.

Documentary was pretty good but a lot of the stuff had already been said and done better before.  I'll give you an example they took a lot of clips and shit from Russel Simmons classic The Show documentary—and then Kurupt is trying to sound smart and even lifts a quote directly that Andre Harrel made in The Show documentary about Reaganomics.

...and then of course its Vibe Magazine and The Source fault that 2pac and Biggie died I'm so tired of that shit.  And they keep wanting to put it all on the Suge/Puffy beef or put it all on 2pac.. this is why I appreciate Reggie Wright because Reggie doesn't do revisionist history he tells it like it is at the time.  He says, "Go watch House of Blues show if you don't believe me" and he's right.  Even more; go listen to NY 87' Kurupt and Daz goin at the East Coast.

These guys all want to have it both ways.  They wanna be the biggest gangstaz in the world when it fits the image and they want to act like the greatest humanitarians in the world and divert any criticism to Government, Cops, 2pac, Suge.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)