Author Topic: American Cowboy goes wild, kills random Iraqis  (Read 401 times)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
American Cowboy goes wild, kills random Iraqis
« on: May 01, 2003, 04:49:46 PM »
 ;D @ the title of my thread, but this types of shit dont suprise me.

U.S. soldier brags about killing an unarmed iraqi to home newspaper.
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...es_030430225603

WASHINGTON (AFP) - A US Marine sergeant is under investigation for possible war crimes committed in Iraq (news - web sites) based on statements he made to his hometown newspaper, military officials said.

Gunnery Sergeant Gus Covarrubias became the target of the preliminary inquiry after he described for the Las Vegas, Nevada, Review-Journal daily how he had hunted down and shot two Iraqi soldiers after a firefight.

"A preliminary inquiry has been initiated by the Naval Criminal Investigative Service to examine the circumstances surrounding the statements made by Gunnery Sergeant Covarrubias," the Marine Forces Reserve command said in a statement.

"The preliminary inquiry will determine if the actions described by Gunnery Sergeant Covarrubias during combat operations met the established rules of engagement and complied with the law of war."

A command spokeswoman refused further comment, referring media inquiries to naval investigators. A Naval Criminal Investigative Service spokesman could not be reached for comment.

In the interview published Friday, Covarrubias, 38, said he was searching for the source of a grenade attack during the April 8 battle and found an Iraqi soldier in a nearby home with a grenade launcher next to him.

Covarrubias told the daily he ordered the man to stop and to turn around. "I went behind him and shot him in the back of the head -- twice," he was quoted as saying.

Covarrubias said he noticed another Iraqi soldier trying to escape and also shot him, then grabbed their identification cards, a rifle and one of their berets for souvenirs.

Covarrubias, a 20-year veteran and former sniper, is assigned to the Second Battalion, 23rd Marines, a reserve unit from the western United States. He suffered a concussion in the firefight and has since returned home, the Review-Journal said.

In the interview, he was quoted as saying the killings were "justice." A military expert, however, suggested the first could have been a war crime.

John Pike, director of globalsecurity.org, said the investigation likely would center on whether Covarrubias shot the first Iraqi soldier after he had surrendered.

"The initial newspaper report made it sound as though he had captured the guy and he had executed a (prisoner of war), which is illegal," Pike said.

"In this case there seemed to be an element of premeditation."

Failure to accept surrender -- though a war crime -- is more common than generally thought in close infantry combat, he said.

"Surrendering's hard to do," he said. "It's dangerous because everybody's real charged up, everybody's real confused ... and it can be real hard to stop shooting."

"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:American Cowboy goes wild, kills random Iraqis
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2003, 02:15:32 PM »
LMAO...give him a medal

Sub-Z

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2003, 02:27:26 PM »
thats cool man it really is

Kaidy

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2003, 06:37:10 PM »
from the title i thought this thread was going to be about George Bush.  

my bad

Quakaveli

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2003, 06:47:09 PM »
from the title i thought this thread was going to be about George Bush.  

my bad

LOL!!!

On that note, my hippie professor guy made like 100 of these Anti-Bush bumper stickers they say : "Stop The Lawless Cowboy (and his greedy Obscene Party)" LOL

willie_d

• 'G'
  • You ready? Here come the pain!
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2003, 02:23:37 AM »
This shit really don't surprise me at all.
It's clear that British soldiers are better suited to deal with locals than the Americans do in this illegal war. Yeah, Americans be making a lot of jokes about the British for they accent and shit, but they know how to deal with locals that got nothing to lose.
A number, not all, Americans indeed behave like loose cannons. It's totally clear in which country every half-assed bum can get a piece and start target practice in his back yard.
I know a war has few rules, but one of the few war rules is that you cannot shoot up innocent people for the hell of it.
The only way you can fuck with me, is in a orgy.

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2003, 12:31:50 PM »
so... nobody's happy that the u.s. government stepped in with an investigation? Ohhhhh, I see, justice doesn't matter to liberals.  that's why you dumbasses are content to see saddam murder his own people, and don't want anybody to do anything about it, in case innocents die.  It's alright though, if he kills them? LOL  Idiots.  

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2003, 06:46:52 PM »
Youre the only fuckin idiot in the world besides C Walker to ACTUALLY BELIEVE THAT THE US WENT INTO IRAQ TO REMOVE A "BRUTAL DICTATORSHIP" AND TO "LIBERATE THE PEOPLE". EVEN THE NEO CON HAWKS WHO DRAW THE BLUEPRINT FOR ADMINISTRATION FOREIGN POLICY CAN BARELY SAY "OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM" WITHOUT BREAKING OUT INTO LAUGHTER.

YOU CALLIN THE LIBERALS IN WCC IDIOTS IS MIND BLOWING.

"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2003, 10:28:51 AM »
trauma has gone krazy. he wont make it to heaven this way.  :-\
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2003, 06:04:33 PM »
who cares about the reason for the war...the price of gas is dropping fast... :D it was worth it already  ;D

Quakaveli

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2003, 07:23:27 PM »
who cares about the reason for the war...the price of gas is dropping fast... :D it was worth it already  ;D

hahhahaha WOOOORD  8)  ;D ;D ;D

TilMakaveliReturns

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2003, 07:27:43 PM »
Thousands of innocent civilians is worth a few of your dollars?

Quakaveli

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2003, 09:45:16 PM »
Quote from: CockSucker
link=board=3;threadid=33017;start=0#msg376429 date=1052188063
Thousands of innocent civilians is worth a few of your dollars?

yup, including removing a brutal dictator who would kill thousands more in the long run.....

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2003, 10:30:05 AM »
Quake, I dont think youre that naive man, do u honestly believe what your sayin?

- Lewis Carroll

Quakaveli

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2003, 12:36:46 PM »
Quake, I dont think youre that naive man, do u honestly believe what your sayin?

Of course