Author Topic: RIP to 3 wrestlers from the past  (Read 1160 times)

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

RIP to 3 wrestlers from the past
« on: July 30, 2018, 04:11:11 AM »
Negative 3's.  Betrayal in sports/wrestling & death.  Former wrestler Brickhouse Brown who was mainly wrestling in the texas & southern areas died of cancer.  I've seen him wrestle when espn & fox sports prime ticket had wrestling.  Espn was so much better then.  He never made it to wwf or wcw.  Nikolai Volkoff, a russian wrestler who i've mainly seen on the wrestling cartoon died at the age of 70.  And Brian Christopher Lawler, aka Grandmaster Sexay, hung himself in jail at the age of 46.  Maybe out of embarrassment, or CTE...you never know.  I actually seen Too Cool wrestle at staples center the day after wrestlemania in 2000.  Possibly in 99 also which was raw's 1st wrestling event.  I just know I never got to see Austin & Undertaker wrestle there  :(  Last saw BCL on tv a few years ago confronting father Lawler on some things.  Makes me wonder if its a shoot or a work, i've heard some bad things between father & son.  I know that Jerry & cousin Honky Tonk Man didn't like each other either.  Might as well search google for some truth. 

https://www.monstersandcritics.com/wrestling/brickhouse-brown-dies-how-did-the-latest-pro-wrestling-superstar-die/

https://nypost.com/2018/07/29/wwe-hall-of-famer-nikolai-volkoff-a-beloved-villain-has-died/

http://www.wsfa.com/story/38760415/jerry-lawlers-son-brian-christopher-dies

Sccit

Re: RIP to 3 wrestlers from the past
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 08:40:19 AM »
the only one i knew was brian lawler from too cool .. him and scotty too hotty had some interesting gimmicks, to say the least

RIP

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 11:37:26 AM »
the only one i knew was brian lawler from too cool .. him and scotty too hotty had some interesting gimmicks, to say the least

RIP

I saw Nikolai Volkoff as a child, and he was such a great heel. Once you get older and realize wrestling is fake, you start to see that Nikolai was actually a really nice man and everyone will tell you that. He got so much hate that he couldn't eat out without getting harassed. He started to cook food in his hotel room back when hotels didn't have kitchens. In the 90's, he continued the habit, so you ask the 90's wrestlers about Nikolai and what they remembered, they always said you knew his room because it always smelled like great food, and he'd invite people in to eat with him. Sad to see him go.

I didn't get to see Brickhouse Brown, but seeing that he was battling cancer, that's such a sad thing. He was suppose to be the next Junkyard Dog, which was the biggest black star of the 80's. The 60's had Bobo Brazil, and then the 70's black wrestlers kind of feel off, but Junkyard Dog in the 80's caught FIRE. Once JYD went to WWF, the southern territories thought Brown was their man, and he was good, really good. But he was put in a bad position. Had he just been allowed to be himself, he could have went to WWF and made real money.

And lastly, Brian Christopher. This is the saddest. I hate to sound mean, because I do wish to live past my 75th birthday. but Nikolai and Brown were not complete surprising. But Grandmaster Sexay was. I didn't expect this at all. He had his problems with his dad, Lawler was a notorious NON-drinker, and Brian was a notorious drug user. All those years of drugs (hard drugs) and drinking I think caught up to him. Then you add in that he was in solitary confinement, not because he was a dangerous criminal, but because the system thought he'd be safer there. But that just really fucked with his mind, and he hung himself. It's really messed up and I don't think had to happen that way. So sad.

Sccit

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2018, 12:57:16 PM »
anyone know what he was locked up for and for how long?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 11:08:58 AM »

So I got to find out about this information. He had been in since January for a DUI, his 3rd. Jerry Lawler didn't want to pay the $40,000 bond to get him out (which he had), to teach him a lesson. The police put Brian Lawler in solitary confinement because of his "celebrity" status.

Sccit

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 12:20:17 PM »

So I got to find out about this information. He had been in since January for a DUI, his 3rd. Jerry Lawler didn't want to pay the $40,000 bond to get him out (which he had), to teach him a lesson. The police put Brian Lawler in solitary confinement because of his "celebrity" status.

classic case of father disappointed with his son

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2018, 11:25:56 AM »

classic case of father disappointed with his son

Now they say Jerry Lawler is taking the death hard. He might feel responsible now. Messed up situation.