Author Topic: Last Emp News!  (Read 110 times)

The Watcher

Last Emp News!
« on: May 01, 2003, 05:24:06 PM »
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Last Emp News!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2003, 11:09:34 PM »
Label #4, hopefully this works out.  He hasn't released anything in a while so hopefully this album will be what we would expect.

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2003, 12:45:58 AM »
August 2003, about god damn time :D
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Don Seer

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2003, 01:43:05 AM »
tight..

LAST EMPEROR INKS DEAL WITH RAPTIVISM

NEW YORK, NY. (APRIL 28, 2003)—New York City based Raptivism Records is pleased to announce the release of the long awaited debut album of Philadelphia based artist Last Emperor. His first full length effort, title to be determined, will hit stores in late August thru an agreement with the artist's own Red Planet imprint. The album will feature production from Prince Paul, the Beatminerz, Ayatollah, Set Free, and Big Tyke. The first single, “Prisoners,” is scheduled for release in July. Notable previous appearances from the Last Emperor include the “Secret Wars (Prince Paul Remix)” and C.I.A. (Criminals in Action) with KRS-ONE and former Rage Against The Machine frontman Zach De La Rocha. Recently, Last Emperor was featured on the track “Mystery Man” from DJ Jazzy Jeff’s “The Magnificent” album.

“We have seen various types of contracts, but never in the form provided by Raptivism giving him creative freedom. The Last Emperor, through his label [Red Planet Music Corp.] distributed by Raptivism, will finally have his moment----to release the official---long awaited debut LP,” said Que, Last Emperor’s brother and partner in Red Planet.

Last Emperor’s debut will be the second full-length release for Raptivism since inking a distribution deal with Neil Levine’s Penalty Associated Labels (P.A.L,) and RYKO/WEA. Raptivism released Zion I’s Deep Water Slang 2.0 in February. “I'm extremely pleased to hear about Raptivism’s signing of The Last Emperor. This is the perfect artist-label fit; a cutting edge record company who has their ear to the streets with one of the dopest lyricists to come around in a long while. Big things are in-store for Raptivism,” said Levine. Raptivism was founded in 1998 by President Vincent Merry and Executive Vice-President Rishi Nath. Prior projects include Shabaam Sahdeeq’s debut and the No More Prisons Compilation in addition to their work with Zion I.

"Last Emperor is one of the premier lyricists of our time. It is only right that he offers his debut thru Raptivism where content comes first," said Merry.

* Overseer plays Legend Of Bigfoot again

bump it every 3 days at least :)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2003, 06:50:13 AM »
no dre production anymore?

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Don Seer

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2003, 06:57:19 AM »
depends if his other stuff is tied up at another label i guess :/