Author Topic: Yelawolf leaves Shady?  (Read 1660 times)

Sccit

Re: Yelawolf leaves Shady?
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2018, 07:56:37 PM »
Oh yeah, 'cause people from Europe don't know shit.

naah i never said that but i can see how someone wit english as a second language or some1 that isn’t as in tune wit the culture out here would have trouble picking up on yelawolfs corniness .. and it ain’t even the country bumpkin trailer trash shit, bubba sparxxx did that better. and def not dissin euros, yall are some of the biggest hip hop heads in the world. but the disconnect wit the reality of the culture simply got outsiders studyin rap on more of a technical level tho- it’s a totally different dynamic when u on the outside lookin in.

Sccit

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2018, 08:03:15 PM »
nobody cares about yelawolf

i can see how euros would be impressed wit the flow and not really catch the corniness tho

he has a much bigger following than you may think and like I said, he's a genuinely good dude in person... I say that with no bias because I've never purchased anything from Yelawolf and I've only ever rocked with handfuls of joints from his projects

I'll take him over somebody corny as hell like Hopsin, Chance The Rapper, Vic Mensa, etc. lol

truth be told, Europe recognizes the real more than America does at this present time

he’s not the worst rapper in the world, but his whole schtick is just funnystyle to me. i know he prolly has a nice cult following of alt-right country rednecks who rock confederate flags n hit up trump rallies, but he never really broke through like it appeared he coulda when he first came on the scene.

actually i lowkey liked a couple of his joints way back and thought he had a good flow, but i don’t think he properly built on that.. he shoulda stuck to making dirty south trunk music imo, most of what i heard in the past couple years was cheesey emotional tracks where he tries to get deep n it just comes of weak.

doggfather

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2018, 10:50:47 PM »

naah i never said that but i can see how someone wit english as a second language or some1 that isn’t as in tune wit the culture out here would have trouble picking up on yelawolfs corniness .. and it ain’t even the country bumpkin trailer trash shit, bubba sparxxx did that better. and def not dissin euros, yall are some of the biggest hip hop heads in the world. but the disconnect wit the reality of the culture simply got outsiders studyin rap on more of a technical level tho- it’s a totally different dynamic when u on the outside lookin in.

This is bullshit.
This means nobody in the USA cant feel for real the punk music, couse its from England?
Or just the well educated peoples can understand classical music?
You have to know one or two instrument at least to van choose from 2-3 orchestra?
Jazz is for the real pianists?
Hip hop is young urban culture.
Suprise, but over here we got citys, youngstas too.
And sad, but ghetto and drugs, and poor fellas too.

Yes. You are right. To really understand Eminems hard rhymes as second lenguage is difficult. But what hes talkin about? We feel, we know too.

This elitist view like you said in music or any art cant work imo.

Music is for everyone.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 10:59:23 PM by doggfather »
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

SuperSpider

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2018, 02:19:46 AM »
but i can see how someone wit english as a second language would have trouble picking up on yelawolfs corniness ...

A large number of Europeans speak English with such fluency that you could never tell it is not their native language apart from the accents, I'm pretty sure Euros understand what they are listening to

The following users thanked this post: doggfather

Sccit

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2018, 05:27:39 AM »
but i can see how someone wit english as a second language would have trouble picking up on yelawolfs corniness ...

A large number of Europeans speak English with such fluency that you could never tell it is not their native language apart from the accents, I'm pretty sure Euros understand what they are listening to

while this is true, english is indeed doggfathers second language

and i don’t mean to sound prejudice, but if u dont get what i mean then let’s just leave it at that

Sccit

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2018, 05:33:01 AM »

This is bullshit.
This means nobody in the USA cant feel for real the punk music, couse its from England?
You have to know one or two instrument at least to van choose from 2-3 orchestra?

Yes. You are right. To really understand Eminems hard rhymes as second lenguage is difficult. But what hes talkin about? We feel, we know too.

Music is for everyone.

bro it’s not that serious, sorry if i offended u

i’m not saying rap music is not for everyone lol, u misunderstood me

best example i can give is israeli music. while i understand the language and know some artists, it would be impossible for me to be as in tune wit the music as folks who actually live in israel.

it is what it is, but it doesn’t mean u like the music any less or that it’s not for u tho.

The following users thanked this post: doggfather

doggfather

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2018, 06:39:48 AM »

This is bullshit.

Music is for everyone.

best example i can give is israeli music. while i understand the language and know some artists, it would be impossible for me to be as in tune wit the music as folks who actually live in israel.

it is what it is, but it doesn’t mean u like the music any less or that it’s not for u tho.

shit, no bad blood, we just talkin, aiht man.

IMO music, film, paintings etc all ART got their own language. If you really into it u can understand.
for example you HAVENT to be dutch to like, to feel or understand van goghs painting, right?

Or u can like, u can understand the godfather and you aint an italian from brooklyn from the 1930s, right?

or your example bout israel music. are u in it? I mean dig it, read bout it, try to get some connection? If you really want you can understand, can feel. Their feelengs, their problems, their life similar to yours, or mine. We are all human.

we eat, fuck, take shit, die. got the same problem on the sime level, on different places.

ghetto is ghetto. civil rights is civil rights, drugs are drugs, police is police (and the list goes on...) no mater where you live.

and for us. after listening i mean, yelawolf say things to me, so i like it. Bubba aint touch me. this is NOT means yela is better than bubba, just i prefer him.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Sccit

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2018, 10:05:20 AM »

This is bullshit.

Music is for everyone.

shit, no bad blood, we just talkin, aiht man.

IMO music, film, paintings etc all ART got their own language. If you really into it u can understand.
for example you HAVENT to be dutch to like, to feel or understand van goghs painting, right?

Or u can like, u can understand the godfather and you aint an italian from brooklyn from the 1930s, right?

or your example bout israel music. are u in it? I mean dig it, read bout it, try to get some connection? If you really want you can understand, can feel. Their feelengs, their problems, their life similar to yours, or mine. We are all human.

we eat, fuck, take shit, die. got the same problem on the sime level, on different places.

ghetto is ghetto. civil rights is civil rights, drugs are drugs, police is police (and the list goes on...) no mater where you live.

and for us. after listening i mean, yelawolf say things to me, so i like it. Bubba aint touch me. this is NOT means yela is better than bubba, just i prefer him.

different cultures naturally understand things differently .. doesn’t mean u cant feel it as much or even more, but it’s just human nature. our environment and upbringing plays a part in our perception of things. 

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2018, 09:50:20 AM »
I actually agree with what NIK is trying to say.

Even in American alone. Like some NY rapper might do something. Some middle of nowhere guy in Kansas thinks that's awesome. But NY finds it corny as fuck. The Kansas guy just ain't here living it to get why it's corny, so in his reality it seems cool.

Yelawolf is that guy. That being said, I fucked with Radioactive. That was when Eminem thought he could just sprinkle his magic Recovery formula & insert another rapping white artist & sell records. Flopped harder than the twin towers & Em kinda just let Yela do what he wanted after that.