Author Topic: THA DOGG POUND - DOGG FOOD 2 (New Album Comin Soon)  (Read 14385 times)

Sccit

Re: Tha Dogg Pound - Dogg Food 2k18
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2018, 03:58:55 PM »
if it sounds like Dazmatazz no thanks lol I'm tired of these rappers trying to capitalize off classic album titles, but I hope I'm wrong and this comes out dope (if it even comes out)

only dude who ever really dropped a classic sequel was Raekwon with OB4CLII, everyone else for the most part that tried to do the "Part 2" or whatever dropped something mediocre or flat out garbage (see Eminem - MMLPII)

I really don't care what an album is called, just because he calls it Dogg Food 2 or Revenge Retaliation and Get Back 2 or 100 Wayz 2, doesn't matter to me, I only care if the content is dope.  It's not like they try harder based on the album name.  I'd like to think these artists are trying to make dope albums regardless as to what the title is.

I really do hope the music is dope too but they're taking a risk with titling it a sequel to a classic album, it better not be a fluke like Eminem's MMLP2 was to it's predecessor

if it sounds like Dazmatazz no thanks lol I'm tired of these rappers trying to capitalize off classic album titles, but I hope I'm wrong and this comes out dope (if it even comes out)

You didn't like "Dazamataz" at all?

he’s mad cuz i told him it was better than j.coles album

lol wow still going on about that? funny how you had to remind me of that, but the album was 3.5/5 at best and you dudes for whatever reason love to place it real high on a pedestal... out of 30 songs maybe about 9-10 at the most were cool and 0 were classic songs, the rest was not memorable at all and won't be talked about in the years to come but if y'all love it cool

it can't even hold a candle to On The Left Side  :P

j.cole fake woke shit ain’t got nothin on this

BANGIN CUZ

Jay Wallace

« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2018, 05:23:27 PM »
although considered somewhat sequels, on paper they are just "Stillmatic" and "2001"... not Illmatic Part 2/Illmatic 2001 or Chronic Part 2/Chronic 2001, meaning they weren't trying to capitalize just off name sake and they are their own respective album on their own

They are definitely sequels.  In the case of 2001, it was supposed to be called "Chronic 2000" but due to a legal agreement with Death Row, they changed the name.  It still very much has the same theme. 

Sccit

« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2018, 06:50:01 PM »
although considered somewhat sequels, on paper they are just "Stillmatic" and "2001"... not Illmatic Part 2/Illmatic 2001 or Chronic Part 2/Chronic 2001, meaning they weren't trying to capitalize just off name sake and they are their own respective album on their own

They are definitely sequels.  In the case of 2001, it was supposed to be called "Chronic 2000" but due to a legal agreement with Death Row, they changed the name.  It still very much has the same theme.

YUP...EVEN DRE SAYS IN ONE OF THE SONGS "SO FROM HERE ON OUT, IT'S THE CHRONIC 2"

Okka

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2018, 04:00:20 AM »
That's actually Eminem who says that and don't forget Knoc-Turn'Al sayin' "Dr. Dre made two Chronics and this is Chronic 3".

Sccit

« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2018, 08:39:25 AM »
That's actually Eminem who says that and don't forget Knoc-Turn'Al sayin' "Dr. Dre made two Chronics and this is Chronic 3".

true

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2018, 02:55:30 AM »
daz keeps saying there will be new DPG albums but they never come out.

i want some new DPG DAZ n KURUPT KURUPT n DAZ

Sccit

« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2019, 08:49:07 AM »
so what happened to this? it’s now 2k19

V2DHeart

« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2019, 05:41:32 PM »
It's going to be medicore at best. Probably a few good cuts, but not a consistent and skip-free friendly future classic. Trading the value of their entire legacy for a 'little' change momentarily.

We have that in the UK, the ability to get a lump sum from a pension before retirement, but obviously you get less each week when retired if you opt for a lump sum. Popular in the UK. Very popular in the Hip Hop game too
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 05:43:06 PM by V2DHeart »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

Duck Duck Doggy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Lay back and twist one
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2019, 06:41:21 PM »
Daz just got really high and was feeling himself and posted that And then forgot about it

JonnyTanna

« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2019, 06:08:05 PM »
Dear God

Elko.

« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2019, 03:20:38 PM »
Daz just got really high and was feeling himself and posted that And then forgot about it

+1

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2019, 04:09:59 PM »
so what happened to this? it’s now 2k19

It was a trial balloon.  You put out the message that you got a new album coming out and see what the reaction is.  If you see that nobody cares, you drop the idea and move on.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

The following users thanked this post: D-TalkX

Tanners ex-Husband

« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2019, 01:35:46 AM »
They shouldn't release this unless it's legitimately a classic.

Okka

« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2019, 02:04:16 AM »

True, but i doubt they could put out anythin' that's even close to "Dogg Food". It's one of the best albums of all times.

Tanners ex-Husband

« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2019, 04:04:41 PM »

True, but i doubt they could put out anythin' that's even close to "Dogg Food". It's one of the best albums of all times.

Only way to do it is with unreleased 90s material unfinished sitting in the vault. Remember you called me a troll but keep responding.