Author Topic: Kanye West - "College Dropout"  (Read 1400 times)

KVB

Kanye West - "College Dropout"
« on: May 01, 2003, 11:53:28 PM »
Kanye West
College Dropout
Roc-A-Fella Records
First quarter 2004

Jay-Z Producer Kanye West Prepares Debut

After producing dozens of hits for his Roc-A-Fella Records fam along with other emcees in the industry, Kanye West is grabbing the mic on his own with his debut album. Set to drop on Roc-A-Fella Records this summer, College Dropout will be produced entirely by Kanye, who will also be the star of the LP.

"I'm a rapper too, I make beats and I rhyme," Kanye explained to SOHH.com. "The album is called College Dropout because it's dedicated to those who leave school to follow their dreams. For those cats who don't conform to society saying you have to graduate from college to be successful."

The album will feature appearances from Mos Def, Jay-Z, Freeway, Ludacris and The Harlem Boys Choir.

Tentative tracklisting:

College Dropout track list:
"Drug Dealin' "
"Intro"
"Self-Conscious"
"Jesus Walks"
"2 Words" (w/ Mos Def, Freeway, Harlem Boys Choir)
"The Good, the Bad and the Ugly"
"Breathe in, Breathe Out"
"Keep the Receipt" (w/ Dirt McGirt)
"Heavy Hitters"
"Slow Jam"
"My Way"
"Family Business"
"Livin' a Movie"
"Through the Wire"
"Never Let Me Down" (w/ Jay-Z)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2003, 11:07:09 PM by KVB »

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
Re:Kanye West - "College Dropout"
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2003, 08:57:33 AM »
I hope he gets some better guests to appear on the album.  The only one listed that I like is Jay Z.  I like Kanye West beats though.  Should be some tight production.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2003, 08:28:30 AM »
What you on about man? Mos Def will be a dope guest on this album, Ludacris will probably drop a dope verse, and I'm real interested to see what Kanye does with the Harlem Boys Choir on a track. Kanye does bring dope beats to the table most of the time so this should be a dope album music wise, it's all down to whether he can handle a whole album of rapping by himself with limited guests.

Jome

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2003, 08:28:45 PM »
What you on about man? Mos Def will be a dope guest on this album, Ludacris will probably drop a dope verse, and I'm real interested to see what Kanye does with the Harlem Boys Choir on a track. Kanye does bring dope beats to the table most of the time so this should be a dope album music wise, it's all down to whether he can handle a whole album of rapping by himself with limited guests.

Yeah, the guests seems dope, and I'm also kinda worried if Kanye can hold down a whole album by himself.
He will probably have Beans, Bleek, and some other ROC-guns on there too though.. wouldn't be surprised if it became some sort of a compilation.

KVB

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2003, 02:14:19 AM »
I'm also kinda worried about whether he can hold down an entire album on his own. So far I've only heard two songs with him rapping, "Through The Wire" & "The Bounce" w / Jay-Z, and judging from those his rapping abilities are average at best... I think he needs guest appearances of damn near every track if he wants to make this a dope album. Hopefully more appearances will be announced soon, I especially wanna see Twista on there.

Beat-wise however it will be top-notch, no doubt about that. Anyway, I can't wait for the album... hopefully Kanye will have stepped up his rap game in time of its release. Peeace

Jome

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2003, 05:26:45 PM »
I'm also kinda worried about whether he can hold down an entire album on his own. So far I've only heard two songs with him rapping, "Through The Wire" & "The Bounce" w / Jay-Z, and judging from those his rapping abilities are average at best... I think he needs guest appearances of damn near every track if he wants to make this a dope album. Hopefully more appearances will be announced soon, I especially wanna see Twista on there.

Beat-wise however it will be top-notch, no doubt about that. Anyway, I can't wait for the album... hopefully Kanye will have stepped up his rap game in time of its release. Peeace

You should check "Champions" w. Kanye West, Beanie Siegel, Twista, Cam'Ron, Young Chris & Dame Dash - he raps on that one.

Agua

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2003, 11:06:10 AM »
"Drug Dealin' "
"Intro"
"Self-Conscious"
"Jesus Walks"
"Heavy Hitters"
"Slow Jam"
"My Way"
"Family Business"
"Livin' a Movie"
"Through the Wire"

Dorado

• 'G'
  • What's Really Good!??!?!
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2003, 10:48:05 PM »
I cant wait to hear this shit.  Production is gonna be nutz   :o :o :o!!!   As for rapping he can hold his own.  Check out the freestyle with common.  This is on my "to buy list"
Think Free.

KVB

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2003, 02:27:27 AM »
"Drug Dealin' "
"Intro"
"Self-Conscious"
"Jesus Walks"
"Heavy Hitters"
"Slow Jam"
"My Way"
"Family Business"
"Livin' a Movie"
"Through the Wire"

That's a tight tracklisting, I would've hoped for a few more guest appearances though. I've heard a few of these tracks on the "I'm Good" mixtape and they sound good... But Kanye can definitely step up his rap game. We'll see how this one turns out.

^_^

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2003, 09:55:12 PM »
ill give it a look in,i mean i am the kind of person who isnt big on mass collab's,id like to see a bit more than whats in that listing,but from what is there it seeems like there will be some nice variety with out it being clogged up with filler and apearance's "shit" if you know what i mean,but yeah,Kanye West on his own album is an idea i find apealing at least :)

Dorado

• 'G'
  • What's Really Good!??!?!
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2003, 10:20:43 PM »
Man I cant wait for this shit man.  whats the offical relase date??
Think Free.

S.G.V.

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2003, 03:31:47 AM »
i doubted kanye at first...rappin wise...but from what ive heard...he comes off tight...he can hold an album down...easily...

Dj Eskimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • <iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamer
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2003, 07:23:32 AM »

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamertaghere.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204"></iframe>
http://www.myspace.com

Jim Jones

• Banned
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2003, 05:25:02 PM »
Through The Wire is fuckin dope.

T.J.

• Wanksta
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my deck
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2003, 05:35:35 PM »
anyone got an official release date yet?

kick ass album