Author Topic: Eminem - Kamikaze (Discussion Thread)  (Read 4414 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Eminem - Kamikaze (Discussion Thread)
« on: August 30, 2018, 09:43:46 PM »

Fucking guy dropped an album WAY out of the blue.

Sccit

Re: Eminem - Kamikaze (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 10:15:39 PM »
they just announced the venom soundtrack he doin too

hope itís better than the last 1

doggfather

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 10:34:57 PM »
The cover is a nice beastie boys hommage.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

http://dogg-n-roll.blog.hu/

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

Lucifuge

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2018, 01:05:27 AM »
LINK?
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

The_Game

• Lil Geezy
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2018, 02:00:20 AM »
Sounds dope  8) link?

doggfather

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2018, 04:32:24 AM »
after a few listen.

not bad, but eminem still not my type o music. dont hate him, but aint like him either.

the royce joint is good.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

http://dogg-n-roll.blog.hu/

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

Lucifuge

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2018, 04:37:31 AM »
Damn hes going off on the ringer :o
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

13 Skystalker SWAG McDicks Team Capone

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2018, 04:58:30 AM »
Post the skits

JohnnyL

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2018, 06:34:00 AM »
I like Stepping Stone and Fall a lot. The Ringer and Not Alike are pretty good too.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2018, 09:03:32 AM »
any Dre production on this?

Sccit

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2018, 09:08:45 AM »
any Dre production on this?

apparently dre was involved, but i donít think heís officially credited for any production .. probably mixing and overseeing

The following users thanked this post: HighEyeCue

dnjp4life

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2018, 12:35:19 PM »
Are hard copies out or are they coming out soon, anyone know?
Just had a quick look at various sites and the reviews for this are overwhelmingly positive compared to Revival (which I thought was OK).  Can't wait to hear this album if the general consensus is to be believed.

JeremyM

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2018, 02:29:09 PM »
Hard copies will be out, but not sure when. His website says the CD will ship in 3-4 weeks.

I am still waiting on the Nas CD I ordered from his site, though...

The following users thanked this post: Sccit, HighEyeCue

BIGWORM

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • YOU SMOKIN MY SHIT SMOKEY
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2018, 08:37:31 PM »
I did a first listen and it's a good album. It's my favorite since relapse. Nice to see him go balls out calling names. EMINEM shows how not too many can fuck with him on the mic. I really hope people try and come back at him so I can watch Em smash on them. I love how he called Lord Jamar out and basically did a MIC DROP on him.

Eddz

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2018, 02:52:32 AM »
I've had a couple of listens through and I'm really liking this album. The only tracking I'm not really liking in "Normal".

Eminem destroys his critiques along with Joe Budden, Tyler the Creator, Machine Gun Kelly and the list goes on 8)

HighEyeCue

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2018, 07:26:55 AM »
I did a first listen and it's a good album. It's my favorite since relapse. Nice to see him go balls out calling names. EMINEM shows how not too many can fuck with him on the mic. I really hope people try and come back at him so I can watch Em smash on them. I love how he called Lord Jamar out and basically did a MIC DROP on him.

I think he got sick of being criticized and rightfully so for the pop garbage albums he was putting out

The Predator

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Bow Wow Wow, Yippy Yo Yippy Yew
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2018, 02:35:20 PM »
Way doper then all the recent duds he put out, less rock/pop (hurrah!) and more hip-hop (some hooks still need work).

Em doing a lot of verbal bashing, plenty of Twista'esque rapid speed-rapping too.

I really hope people try and come back at him so I can watch Em smash on them.

This.

Eminem Producer Explains Why ĎKamikazeí Is a Throwback to Slim Shady

Illadaproducer, the man behind some of the scrappiest tracks on Eminemís surprise album, discusses the LPís creation

When EminemĎs surprise Kamikaze album arrived at midnight on Thursday, one name stood out in the credits: Illadaproducer is credited with production on four tracks, more than anyone other than Eminem himself. The beat-maker, real name Illya Fraser, is partially responsible for three of the first four songs, and his brawling beats help set the albumís feisty tone. On the first track alone, Eminem declares that every rapper except Kendrick Lamar, J. Cole and Big Sean is ďa gonerĒ; defies New York radio personality Charlamagne tha God; makes fun of Lil Pump, Lil Xan and Lil Yachty; and even decides his own anti-Trump cypher last fall may not have been worth it. 

Illadaproducer, who works with Kent Jones and has produced songs for Lil Pump, sees Kamikaze as Eminemís return to the viciously irreverent days of The Slim Shady LP, in contrast with the more contemplative tone of 2017ís Revival. The producer spoke with Rolling Stone about the importance of listening to your fans, sampling Little Dragon and why young rappers shouldnít be offended by Eminemís disses.

How did you first meet Eminem?

I did this song ďWait a MinuteĒ for this artist Phresher from Brooklyn. I lived in Brooklyn for a while when I was younger, so anybody from Brooklyn I always try to work with. Right away I gave him that record, and it took off for us. That was one of Eminemís favorite songs last year. He was like, ďWho did that beat?Ē Phresher said, ďMy man Illa.Ē From there, Paul Rosenberg and Tracy [McNew] from Shady Records reached out to me. Weíve been working ever since.

I was on the road, because I also road-manage DJ Khaledís artist Kent Jones. So Iíve been on tour running around doing stuff for different projects. Iíve just been feeding them beats.

Did you know you were feeding them beats for specific projects?

For Revival, I knew [Eminem] was fucking with my beats, the energy of my music. So I sent him beats with that hard-hitting 808s and that turn-up energy. Thatís how he ended up on the ďOffendedĒ record, and that was one of the stand-out records on Revival.

I saw after he did the ďChlorasepticĒ song ó oh, heís ready to go bad. People were talking that shit on that internet. So Iím like, Iíve got some shit, if he wants to go bad, here it is. Kept feeding him, kept feeding him. And he kept going bad on my beats. Shout out to Tracy from Shady Records. I sent her some music like, Eminem just killed it on that ďChlorasepticĒ remix. Thatís what he needs to keep doing. Hereís some music for him. Sheís like, ďHe needs to hear this.Ē

A couple months went by and she hit me out of the blue: ďAre these beats available?Ē Iím like, oh, shit! It was two beats at first, then I sent another batch, and he picked two more. By then I was about to pass out. But I didnít know he was going to use all four. I turn in a lot of beats on a lot of projects. People pick stuff. Sometimes one will make it; sometimes none will make it. So I just kept it top secret. I didnít tell nobody.

Then last night Iím sitting there, playing videogames at the crib, taking a break from making beats. I walk out back of my house, I see something about, Eminem dropped a new song. I thought it was the Venom record. So Iím like, let me check this out. I clicked on it, I see the link on iTunes, itís the whole album! I almost dropped my phone, man. I lost it. I hit play on the first song, it was my beat! Oh, hell no! Iím outside trying to smoke a joint. I couldnít even get high. I played song one through five, I produced the majority of íem! And one of íemís a skit!

You didnít get a heads up?

Two weeks ago I got some information from my lawyer, so I knew he was going to use these. But usually he drops in December. So Iím like, alright, I got a few months to wait. Hopefully he drops this year. If not, Iím gonna have to wait until next September. ĎCause Emís not rushing shit. But that shit came out two weeks later.

Eminem addresses the critics of Revival a lot on this album ó did you notice the negative reaction to that album too?

Oh yeah. Iím somebody whoís always online. I pride myself on that. I read every fucking review. ĎCause Iím part of this project, and Eminemís one of the greatest! The problem is, Em reads all that shit too. That fucked him up. So he went back in, and thatís why eight months, nine months later, we got Kamikaze.

Which two beats were the first you sent over?

The one he used for the intro and the beat for the first half of ďNormal.Ē

How did ďThe RingerĒ come together?

I was trying to make something for the club. Something for either Migos, Pump or SmokePurpp. When they said they fuck with my music from ďWait a Minute,Ē I sent him a bunch of beats all like ďWait a Minute.Ē He didnít pick any of íem. So Iím like, alright, he wants something different. I sent him a new batch with a bunch of different sounds: Atlantic-sounding shit, Miami-sounding shit, up-north-sounding shit, West-Coast shit. He picked that beat.

You work with young rappers too, and on this album, Eminem is going after the young guys ó does that put you in a funny spot?

Nah, man. To me, itís art. They make two different types of hip-hop. Thereís lyrical hip-hop, which always reigned supreme. Then thereís what they call mumble rap, which is feel-good music. Itís more about the feeling than the lyrics. They can both coincide. When Iím hearing him going at the younger guys, Iím like, this is the game youíre in. If you say youíre a rapper, if another rapper goes at you, even if itís the G.O.A.T., either youíre gonna take some bars, or youíre gonna give some back. Most of íem just gonna take íem. ĎCause thereís nothing you can do. What are you gonna do, battle rap Eminem? Nah. They do their own thing. Eminem just went pulled out the switch on niggas and handed out a whooping. Like, donít think that I ainít paying attention.

Do you think theyíre listening?

Some cats are gonna be like, fuck that. But look at Lil Yachty: He was like, ďyo, I donít take that as a diss. I love Eminem.Ē I even think Pump wonít even take it as a diss. To me, Eminem is talking about how everybodyís a carbon copy of everybody. Pumpís one of the originators, so if Iím him, Iím not taking that as a diss.

Do ghostwriters bother you?

I canít get mad; itís about making a hit record. But you gotta respect the greats who donít need a ghostwriter.

How did ďNormalĒ come together?

Normal was a beat I made last year for a Kendrick or a J. Cole or a Drake. As Iím making it, Iím like, somebodyís gotta spit bars on this shit.

At the beginning of that one though, Eminem is singing like some of the young artists do.

Yeah it reminds of like a Post Malone mixed with Chance type of thing ó you know how they have that sing-song thing flow on some of their records? I was excited when I was hearing all the flows, all the melodies heís coming with, because like I said, he pays attention. As a great artist or an artist whoís just starting, you need to pay attention to your fanbase. If people are telling you, yo, we like this but not this, theyíre not bossing you around, these are the people who you need to please. You should heed to it, just do it your own way. Thatís what I think he did perfectly on this album.

The sample on ďNormalĒ Ė thatís Little Dragon?

Little Dragon, man! I love indie music. I love digginí for samples. I donít really sample anymore, because of publishing. But when I hear a sample that just lets me hear the whole beat, I canít ignore that. I gotta knock the beat out, write the music really quick. Then Iíll deal with the business later.

How about ďLucky You,Ē what led to that beat?

That was the last beat I sent. I sat down, I was on the road. I was like, Iím gonna make beats just for Em. Because Tracy was like, ďHe likes these two beats, so if you have anything else, send some more.Ē So I just sat that whole week and made beats just for him. Iím like, Eminem always goes so bad on those big piano melody records. A lot of his big records have either guitar or piano. I need to make him one of those. Thatís why I went with the big piano line.

What about ďGood Guy,Ē whatís the sample there?

Thatís me doing my video game thing. Kingdom Hearts. Itís a Japanese videogame, and thatís the theme song from it. Itís one of the dopest melodies Iíve ever heard. Shout out Japanese videogames and Japanimation for inspiration. Filtered it, did some chops, did some processing to it. I basically made it unrecognizable, but I know they would have still found it. Thatís why we had to deal with the clearance. But when I do anything I try to make it to where itís not fully recognizable.

They added Jessie Reyez to it after?

Yep. She killed that record. The ďNice GuyĒ record too. Sheís special.

In your mind, how does Kamikaze stack up next to Revival?

You canít even compare the two. Apples and oranges. A lot of Emís more refined fans, people who wanted to see growth in him, they liked Revival. I liked Revival too. People wanted Slim Shady. He was doing his version of [Jay-Zís] 4:44. People werenít ready for it. Itís the marketplace; itís not the music. But youíre not gonna know until you try, right? He gave it a try. He got his reaction. Then right away, heís going right back to the drawing board. O.K., thatís what you want? And he delivered.

So this is the return of Slim Shady?

To me it is. Right away he comes out just blowing bad, spittiní. This is Eminem! Top five, dead or alive. I want to hear him go bad. And I got what I was looking for.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 02:50:11 PM by The Predator »

dameons

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2018, 07:30:23 PM »
Smoking weed and playing video games as a grown man ? Shocker.. His beats are weak ..Eminem's lyrics and flow make this album what it is , not this guy's mediocre production. Eminem chose beats that had no chance of being the focus , as his lyrics are clearly on display here.

SuperSpider

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2018, 01:45:20 AM »
Lots of yippity yappity fillers and boring beats. Album is average at best (to me). Still much much much better than his last album. No one would bother responding to his jabs in 2018 since anyone that got called out has nothing to gain from dissing back. I'm pretty sure someone else would drop an album next week (figuratively speaking) and the majority of people would just move onto that and forget this even existed, only to be reminded again when Venom comes out in the cinemas

Sccit

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2018, 10:26:58 AM »
Lots of yippity yappity fillers and boring beats. Album is average at best (to me). Still much much much better than his last album. No one would bother responding to his jabs in 2018 since anyone that got called out has nothing to gain from dissing back. I'm pretty sure someone else would drop an album next week (figuratively speaking) and the majority of people would just move onto that and forget this even existed, only to be reminded again when Venom comes out in the cinemas

i doubt that and some1 more than likely will respond since itís bein hailed as album of the year

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2018, 10:56:12 AM »
The beats may not be Dre, but they are kinda where commercial rap is now and they don't make your ears bleed, mesh quite well with his voice. Flow and lyrical content seem the best he's been since Relapse, although weak hooks and awful singing on some stuff.

Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

JohnnyL

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2018, 05:08:33 PM »
The beats may not be Dre, but they are kinda where commercial rap is now and they don't make your ears bleed, mesh quite well with his voice. Flow and lyrical content seem the best he's been since Relapse, although weak hooks and awful singing on some stuff.

Yeah, Iím not finding anything mind blowing with the beats, but Iím very happy that he didnít go with the poppy sounding rock samples, on this one.

Chamillitary Click

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2018, 06:04:41 PM »

Pretty much how I feel. Dope cuts. Dope bars. Wasn't all over the place with that "kill a goose with jamba juice on an alaskan cruise on the 3rd and a half week of june!!!" shit he's been on. Coherent message; verses made sense. The shots thrown were cool.

I'm still blown away nobody in his corner says "dude, how about you try to switch your flow a little bit? Why is every song 10,000 miles an hour?" for like 3-4 albums now lmao.

& the random D-12 apology track was hilarious.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2018, 02:58:29 AM »
its a decent album, some awesome lyrics.... songs are ok.... worth a listen to me tho

The Predator

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Bow Wow Wow, Yippy Yo Yippy Yew
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2018, 03:45:54 PM »

The following users thanked this post: Sccit