Author Topic: Eminem - Kamikaze (Discussion Thread)  (Read 6677 times)

Sccit

Re: Eminem - Kamikaze (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2018, 08:34:38 AM »
didn't think I'd say this but it's a cool album, it bodies all those frisbees he dropped after The Eminem Show

the only songs I didn't care for were "Normal", "Nice Guy", and "Good Guy"... I could have done without the hooks on "Stepping Stone" and "Not Alike" but the rest I rocked with  8)

LOL WHY U BEEN SHITTIN ON MMLP2 SO BAD, U ACTUALLY SAID IT WAS DOPE WHEN IT FIRST DROPPED

For what it’s worth, I agree with you on MMLP2.  There are a few tracks on there that I skip over, but overall, I thought it was dope. I wouldn’t rank it better than his first three or Relapse, but I would rank it wayyyy better than Encore, Recovery, and Revival.

exactly

Blood$

« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2018, 02:53:00 PM »
didn't think I'd say this but it's a cool album, it bodies all those frisbees he dropped after The Eminem Show

the only songs I didn't care for were "Normal", "Nice Guy", and "Good Guy"... I could have done without the hooks on "Stepping Stone" and "Not Alike" but the rest I rocked with  8)

LOL WHY U BEEN SHITTIN ON MMLP2 SO BAD, U ACTUALLY SAID IT WAS DOPE WHEN IT FIRST DROPPED

For what it’s worth, I agree with you on MMLP2.  There are a few tracks on there that I skip over, but overall, I thought it was dope. I wouldn’t rank it better than his first three or Relapse, but I would rank it wayyyy better than Encore, Recovery, and Revival.

ranking it above those album is basically saying a solid turd is better than diarrhea lol

The following users thanked this post: HighEyeCue

Lucifuge

« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2018, 11:51:36 PM »
On mmlp2 buckshot track is fire.
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

JohnnyL

« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2018, 02:25:39 AM »

ranking it above those album is basically saying a solid turd is better than diarrhea lol

That’s just how I see it.  I respect that you don’t agree.  I’m not trying to change your mind.  To me, Eminem is as good lyrically, as he’s ever been on MMLP2.  The only place where it falls short, IMO, is some of the production.  I’m not a big fan of most of the Rick Rubin production.  He way overuses the old rock samples.  But that only represents a few tracks on the album.

JohnnyL

« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2018, 02:30:37 AM »
On mmlp2 buckshot track is fire.

Completely agree!  I wish they had included that track on the disc though or at least made it easier to find.  I remember when the album dropped, I had to search to find it.  I think I found out after the fact that you had to buy both the album and the video game, Call of Duty: Ghosts to get the song (or just find it on the internet, if you were aware that it was out there).

doggfather

https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

JohnnyL

« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2018, 12:13:20 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/v/kwhad3hGZmA&feature=youtu.be

Thanks for posting.  It’s interesting to hear what Budden has to say.  I’ve been a Budden fan.  I’m a huge Slaughterhouse fan, and I’ve even enjoyed listening to Budden’s podcast before. But honestly, if he’s going to talk shit on his podcast but not answer back with a proper response in a song and hide behind his retirement, that’s just weak.  To be fair, I don’t think that what Joe Budden originally said about “Revival” was unfair.  But it also seems a little chickenshit to come out on his podcast and say “well, what I really thought the whole time I was signed to Shady was that you sucked.”

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

Blood$

« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2018, 08:21:23 PM »

That’s just how I see it.  I respect that you don’t agree.  I’m not trying to change your mind.  To me, Eminem is as good lyrically, as he’s ever been on MMLP2.  The only place where it falls short, IMO, is some of the production.  I’m not a big fan of most of the Rick Rubin production.  He way overuses the old rock samples.  But that only represents a few tracks on the album.

I respect that, to be fair it's mostly the production I have issues with for that album but some of his flows were kinda meh to me from what I can recall too... "Rap God" has to be one of the most overrated songs in hip-hop history lol also just the mere fact he declared it the sequel to his best work and fell so short

on this Kamikaze album he seems to be back in form and he was snapping on a few joints, I just don't know how much replay value this will have especially with so much other music out
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 08:23:02 PM by Blood$ »

JohnnyL

« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2018, 10:05:41 PM »

I respect that, to be fair it's mostly the production I have issues with for that album but some of his flows were kinda meh to me from what I can recall too... "Rap God" has to be one of the most overrated songs in hip-hop history lol also just the mere fact he declared it the sequel to his best work and fell so short

on this Kamikaze album he seems to be back in form and he was snapping on a few joints, I just don't know how much replay value this will have especially with so much other music out

Fair point.  Time will tell, regarding how well it holds up.  I think the production on Kamikaze is hit or miss, but I do
appreciate that he did away with all the rock samples on this one.

Blood$

« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2018, 01:12:40 PM »

lol even I think this dude was a bit harsh on the album, I would have given it at least a 6/10 - 7/10

HighEyeCue

« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2018, 01:45:50 PM »
good album, best from Em in a long while

the last album I really enjoyed was Relapse, because of the Dre production and from a technical standpoint he was really spitting even with the accents which didn't bother me that much

Recovery he started that yelling flow which I never cared for and it was mostly a pop album
Revival more of the same with even worst songs

MMLP2 just didn't live up to the hype IMO, its not a bad album at all though

The following users thanked this post: Marco

Blood$

« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2018, 12:59:44 PM »
Eminem himself admits all his albums after The Eminem Show were trash for the most part lol I respect him for finally admitting the truth

JohnnyL

« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2018, 05:49:34 AM »
Really interesting interview.  Looking forward to part 2.  I kind of hate that he goes after “Relapse” as bad as he does, although that has seemed to be his opinion for quite some time now.  I personally have to disagree with Encore being better than Relapse. Yeah, he did do the accents a lot on Relapse, and on the first listen through it did bother me a little. On all subsequent listens though, I don’t notice it.  Or I guess a better way to put it is they just seem to fit the songs. Plus the production on “Relapse” is just so much better than “Encore.”   

The following users thanked this post: HighEyeCue

HighEyeCue

« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2018, 07:12:42 AM »
Really interesting interview.  Looking forward to part 2.  I kind of hate that he goes after “Relapse” as bad as he does, although that has seemed to be his opinion for quite some time now.  I personally have to disagree with Encore being better th.an Relapse. Yeah, he did do the accents a lot on Relapse, and on the first listen through it did bother me a little. On all subsequent listens though, I don’t notice it.  Or I guess a better way to put it is they just seem to fit the songs. Plus the production on “Relapse” is just so much better than “Encore.”   

yeah I enjoyed Relapse but the accents aren't for everybody. Although by watching the interview he didn't intend it to be what it became

Recovery is just a pop album, not sure why Em regards it so high, no one else does

Blood$

« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2018, 09:57:32 AM »
Relapse was only good strictly in terms of it as an instrumental album, Encore shits on it in every other way despite it having some pretty horrific joints lol but you had bangers like "Encore" and "Never Enough" which made up for it and those 2 songs alone shit on everything from Relapse, Recovery, MMLP2, Revival, etc.