Author Topic: Eminem - Kamikaze (Discussion Thread)  (Read 6673 times)

Sccit

Re: Eminem - Kamikaze (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2018, 12:03:49 PM »
relapse, mmlp2 were dope albums .. encore was hit n miss .. recovery and revival was garbo

eminem show, sslp, mmlp, infinite were all classic

too soon for me to rank kamikaze

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2018, 12:46:48 PM »
Fuck all ya’ll...

I was on this site under my old Infinite59 account that got deleted (and his only true supporter on the even older Bodyrott, Snoopsdogghouse (no forum) and Dreday forum 99-2000) and I recognized Em for what he was before dude even broke through the threshold I saw, met, and supported Em back in the day when was still doing small arena venues and “My Name Is” was just coming out.

So I don’t give a fuck what none of y’all say except maybe Sccit and there was one other cat who called it right...

This shit will have no replay value and a year from now it won’t stand the test of time.

Up until the D-12 World album (the first signs) and Encore (his first disappointment) everything Em had done was flawless, since then the only album that has been up to par has been MMLP2 (though not flawless) and some scattered tracks here and there like his shit with SIA such as “Guts Over Fear” and some joints from the Bad Meets Evil EP.

Check with me a year later and none of y’all will be bumping this shit.

I love Em he has nothing to prove I’m not dissing him—even he will come back around some years from now and be like “uhh those albums weren’t that good” like he came around and said about Encore and Relapse.

1.  Eminem Show
2.  MMLP
3.  Slim Shady LP
4.  8 Mile
5.  D12 - Devils Night

6.  MMLP 2

7.  Bad Meetz Evil EP

....and then all else is subpar and not vintage Em...fuck y’all opinions

« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 01:50:21 AM by Infinite Trapped in 1996 »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Blood$

« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2018, 12:51:32 PM »
relapse, mmlp2 were dope albums .. encore was hit n miss .. recovery and revival was garbo

eminem show, sslp, mmlp, infinite were all classic

too soon for me to rank kamikaze

Kamikaze > MMLP2, Relapse, Recovery, Revival

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2018, 12:02:59 AM »
I fuck with Relapse. I know the accent is corny, but his flows were all time. & Dre laced that shit up & down.

I'll take Kamikaze over the other three. I will say though after bumping it today, outside of The Ringer, Lucky You, Not Alike, Kamikaze, Fall & Good Guy it's weak. So really there are 6 dope ass songs out of 13. Luckily the other 5 songs weren't garbage, just not near the replay value. It was just so refreshing to hear Em actually spit with some content & substance it didn't matter.

I don't see any other angles he can take his career from here. He should just hope 6 or so other people diss him & make his next album like a 13 track response of just straight diss tracks.

Lucifuge

« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2018, 07:47:32 AM »
Dope album as fuck. replay it 23 times till now. Normal and nice guy only weak tracks. #bars
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

dnjp4life

« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2018, 11:13:56 AM »
Great little album, I picked up my copy on Friday and have given it a few spins.
I don't think anyone can deny that this is the type of Eminem we want to hear, I couldn't believe it when the beat switched up on 'Not Alike' and he just went off, I literally had the biggest smile on my face hearing that for the first time.
The one critique I can think of personally is that he should have kept the whole album as a spazzing out project instead of putting in the couple of more mellow tracks at the end.  Also, is Dre doing the Suge thing now as executive producer :D  His name is nowhere in the credits?

Sccit

« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2018, 11:49:03 AM »
Great little album, I picked up my copy on Friday and have given it a few spins.
I don't think anyone can deny that this is the type of Eminem we want to hear, I couldn't believe it when the beat switched up on 'Not Alike' and he just went off, I literally had the biggest smile on my face hearing that for the first time.
The one critique I can think of personally is that he should have kept the whole album as a spazzing out project instead of putting in the couple of more mellow tracks at the end.  Also, is Dre doing the Suge thing now as executive producer :D  His name is nowhere in the credits?

I DONT THINK DRE WAS INVOLVED IN THE PROJECT OUTSIDE OF INPUT ON WHAT SHOULD BE RELEASED N WHAT SHOULDNT

MAYBE SOME GHOST-MIXING HERE N THERE, BUT I DONT THINK HE WAS REALLY HANDS-ON MUSICALLY

Blood$

« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2018, 04:20:59 PM »
"Venom" has good verses and a decent beat but man that hook is horrible on it lol

The following users thanked this post: Sccit, HighEyeCue

JeremyM

« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2018, 07:14:39 PM »

I DONT THINK DRE WAS INVOLVED IN THE PROJECT OUTSIDE OF INPUT ON WHAT SHOULD BE RELEASED N WHAT SHOULDNT

MAYBE SOME GHOST-MIXING HERE N THERE, BUT I DONT THINK HE WAS REALLY HANDS-ON MUSICALLY

Dre apparently told him one song went too far (not sure in what way) and they dropped it, so he was still involved in some level and an executive producer credit was probably still applicable.

I still don't know why he had a production credit on that skit on Revival. I mean, if he did the work, fine, but when I heard he had a production credit, it wasn't exactly what any of us were looking for.

Sccit

« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2018, 09:21:15 PM »

Dre apparently told him one song went too far (not sure in what way) and they dropped it, so he was still involved in some level and an executive producer credit was probably still applicable.

I still don't know why he had a production credit on that skit on Revival. I mean, if he did the work, fine, but when I heard he had a production credit, it wasn't exactly what any of us were looking for.

that’s what i’m saying, dre’s input was less musical and more critical

dnjp4life

« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2018, 04:08:55 AM »
After listening to this solidly for the past week, the only track that I think Dr. Dre had any involvement in, production-wise, is 'The Ringer'.  There are some bass-drops throughout the track that sound like his doing, and when the extra layers of the beat come in two thirds of the way through it certainly has a Dre-like feel to it.  That, and possibly 'The Fall'. 

I have a possible idea about the track that Eminem said 'went too far' in his interview with Sway.  It's purely speculation of my own, but since the album is called Kamikaze and he's been vocal about his hate for Donald Trump, perhaps it had lyrics about flying a plane into the White House?  Like I said, just an idea of the sort of fucked up topic Eminem would put in his raps, but obviously the label heads would never let something like that be released, especially since the album dropped not long before the 9/11 anniversary.

Sccit

« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2018, 09:31:32 AM »
so i been listening to this album and i gota say em kills it wit the flows more than ever and the lyricism is top notch .. he got some songs on here where he flat out raps like tech n9ne

but musically, the beats and choruses is average

so i put this album on par with mmlp2 and slightly below relapse - it’s def good to hear that he’s not done like we thought when we heard revival tho

The Predator

« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2018, 11:15:09 AM »
Em' disses media critics back who trashed his new album with full page ad...

Eminem took out a full-page ad to diss music critics who panned his new album

Eminem and his labels took out a print ad in The Hollywood Reporter's magazine to diss the music critics who panned his latest album, "Kamikaze."

THR's editorial director, Matt Belloni, tweeted an image of the ad on Thursday and asked whether it constituted "the print equivalent of a diss track."

The ad has text superimposed over the album's artwork and is designed to look like an Oscar-campaign ad, but it reads "Not for your consideration!"

The surprise-released "Kamikaze" debuted at No. 1 in 103 countries in August but didn't get great reviews.

Fresh off a viral YouTube diss track, Eminem is trying his hand at dissing people the old-fashioned way: by taking out full-page print ads.

Eminem and his labels — Shady Records, Aftermath Entertainment, and Interscope — took out a printed ad in the latest issue of The Hollywood Reporter's magazine to diss the music critics who panned his new album, "Kamikaze."

It features quotes from negative reviews, including one from THR, which called the album "the work of an aging artist trying, and failing, to remain relevant." It notes that "Kamikaze" debuted at No. 1 in 103 countries in August and concludes with the words "Thanks for the support, a**holes!"

Eminem's ad in The Hollywood Reporter's magazine. Twitter/@THRMattBelloni

"Kamikaze" has a 62% critical rating on Metacritic, an improvement on the 50% rating for his 2017 album, "Revival," whose critics he blasted in multiple tracks on "Kamikaze."

« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 11:36:10 AM by The Predator »

HighEyeCue

« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2018, 11:46:01 AM »
Em is far too sensitive  :laugh:

the album is dope and I think its already outsold Revival so he should just let the critics be

Sccit

« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2018, 03:33:12 PM »
i think he shoulda left nice guy and bad guy off this shit
.. those sounded like some recovery leftovers and didn’t really fit in with the theme tbh

9 tracks + 2 skits woulda done just fine