Author Topic: Nanci Flether talks about Tha Dogg Pound's "Respect"  (Read 477 times)

Okka

Nanci Flether talks about Tha Dogg Pound's "Respect"
« on: September 02, 2018, 09:57:18 AM »

“Respect” by The Dogg Pound featuring Dr. Dre, Prince Ital Joe and ‘ME’‼‼ produced by Dr. Dr, recorded at Can-Am Studios in Tarzana, California
This session to me is kinda vague cuz it happened so fast. I think they were delayed in finishing the ‘Dogg Pound’ album so we had to work fast. Daz, Kurupt and Ital Joe recorded their parts at Can Am and me and Dre recorded our parts at Dre’s ‘in-home’ studio in Calabasas which was called ‘Dre’s Crib’. Dre used samples from a ‘Geroge Clinton’ song ‘Flashlight’ and ‘The Lady of Rage’ song ‘Afro Puffs’ in this song. I put that ‘Brides of Funkenstien’ sound on this one too. SIDEBAR‼‼! I just found out as I was writing this post that ‘Prince Ital Joe’ passed away in 2001‼ 😲😪RIP! I had no idea and am really shocked and saddened by this news. He was killed in a car accident. He was only around 36 years old‼ I also found out that he kinda took my same path, raised in Brooklyn then went to LA to pursue his dream as an entertainer, except he was born in the ‘Commonwealth of Dominica’. I had met him before we did this song but I wish we could’ve recorded together. He had dat smooth ‘rasta’ vibe and spirit and he really ‘did his thang’ on this song. Dang, such a tragedy, he’ll be missed in this industry