Author Topic: Kurupt Talks Death Row History, Breaks Down Beefs + More (The Breakfast Club)  (Read 1678 times)

Okka

The following users thanked this post: HighEyeCue

Blood$

cool interview, not much we didn't know already but I'm just glad to see Kurupt on a platform like this  8)

Okka

Yeah, i've heard most of the stories he talked about, but it's good to see on The Breakfast Club. What did he say about the upcoming album though? He didn't say anything about Fredwreck or did he? He was talkin' about some new label or somethin'? I was a bit hungover earlier today when i saw the interview.

Blood$

Yeah, i've heard most of the stories he talked about, but it's good to see on The Breakfast Club. What did he say about the upcoming album though? He didn't say anything about Fredwreck or did he? He was talkin' about some new label or somethin'? I was a bit hungover earlier today when i saw the interview.

he just said the album is in the works and that's all, didn't specify any producers or features

Dogg Ly Dogg

he just said the album is in the works and that's all, didn't specify any producers or features

He said hes goin to drop on a major label too he doesnt want to drop an indie record.
I know most of the stuff except for the fact that Interscope didnt want to distribute Dogg Food and that Suge went to Priority.
I went back to check the back cover of my Dogg Food LP and it says Death Row/Interscope and Manufactured and distributed by Priority which now makes sense to me since I was asking myself how Mac Miller debut album was the first rap indie record to hit the number 1 spot on Billboard since Dogg Food...

arubiano83

His version if the ny ny situation was kinda mixed up.
I thought they got shot up because big say that 2pac and the dogg pound were shooting a video.

But he was there..i was not lol

arubiano83

He looks in a better place, than he was during those Vlad interviews..

Blood$

He looks in a better place, than he was during those Vlad interviews..

he chased the Moon Rocks with some indica  :laugh:

Okka

He said hes goin to drop on a major label too he doesnt want to drop an indie record.

I can understand that, but ain't nobody really sellin' records these days. I hope he doesn't make us fans wait just 'cause he isn't signed to a major or has he just signed a deal with somebody? I haven't heard or read anythin'. Would be dope to see Kurupt get the proper exposure he deserves though.

BIGWORM

This is the first interview on a long time that I seen Kurupt in a good mind state... RIGHT ON KURUPT looking forward to future music from you know..

nice post op.

bouli77

Re: Kurupt Talks Death Row History, Breaks Down Beefs + More (The Breakfast Club)
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2018, 12:45:03 PM »

I know most of the stuff except for the fact that Interscope didnt want to distribute Dogg Food and that Suge went to Priority.
I went back to check the back cover of my Dogg Food LP and it says Death Row/Interscope and Manufactured and distributed by Priority which now makes sense to me since I was asking myself how Mac Miller debut album was the first rap indie record to hit the number 1 spot on Billboard since Dogg Food...

it's not Interscope that didn't want to distribute the record. Interscope did release it. It was Time Warner which distributed Interscope releases at that time and refused to put out Dogg Food and backed out of their distribution deal with Interscope.

https://variety.com/1995/music/news/dogg-food-fights-to-chart-top-99123969/

The interview was entertaining. you can clearly see Charlamagne has a soft spot for Kurupt. he never went hard on him and didn't ask embarrassing questions like he usually does.

Kurupt didn't shy away from any questions too and admitted his faults in some situations. That's a good look.

he still seemed like a functioning addict though. He's not the same Kurupt as before.

Blood$

Re: Kurupt Talks Death Row History, Breaks Down Beefs + More (The Breakfast Club)
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2018, 01:05:58 PM »

it's not Interscope that didn't want to distribute the record. Interscope did release it. It was Time Warner which distributed Interscope releases at that time and refused to put out Dogg Food and backed out of their distribution deal with Interscope.

The interview was entertaining. you can clearly see Charlamagne has a soft spot for Kurupt. he never went hard on him and didn't ask embarrassing questions like he usually does.

Kurupt didn't shy away from any questions too and admitted his faults in some situations. That's a good look.

he still seemed like a functioning addict though. He's not the same Kurupt as before.

Charlamagne has mentioned and given props to Kurupt in quite a few interviews with other guests, even threw him in top 5 lyricists from the West when Game was up there

what else did Kurupt use to dabble with, coke or pills? I don't think he's fucking with much beyond the weed now but years of previous drug use could be why his demeanor is how it is now... plus the Moon Rocks haha

Elko.

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2018, 11:00:43 PM »
Kurupt has definitely had issues with coke and pills, moreso coke as of late I believe.

Okka

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2018, 03:38:50 AM »
It was embarrassing to hear Charlamagne try to say Ras Kass.

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

Sccit

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2018, 12:03:27 PM »

THEY LOWKEY SEEM SCARED OF KURUPT, LIKE THEY HOLD HIM IN A VERY HIGH REGARD AND TIP-TOE AROUND THEIR WORDS TO AVOID TESTING HIS GANGSTA

I DIDNT SEE ANY SIGNS OF ADDICTION IN THE INTERVIEW....HE WAS ON POINT AND SEEMS LIKE HE'S DOING MUCH BETTER