Author Topic: Recap on Joe Budden  (Read 404 times)

THEV1LL4N

Recap on Joe Budden
« on: September 05, 2018, 01:06:57 PM »
Been away for a while and was wondering if anyone can post some links up for me for the following (in order if at all possible):

- The shots that Joe Budden and Eminem have taken at each other previously (leading up until the present day).
- The diss tracks from Joe Budden to Drake and if Drake said anything back.
- Things that were said in interviews by Joe and Royce prior to Slaughterhouse splitting up.

Just been really behind on all this stuff - would really appreciate it if anyone could find me links to this stuff and post it in this thread.

Thank you.

JohnnyL

Re: Recap on Joe Budden
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 10:18:39 PM »
MTV has a timeline on their website that may help summarize a lot of it.  I didn’t see where the timeline got into much detail, as it relates to Slaughterhouse, but I’d say it’s still worth a look.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.mtv.com/news/3057373/eminem-joe-budden-brewing-beef-timeline/amp/

Elko.

Re: Recap on Joe Budden
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 09:27:20 PM »

- The shots that Joe Budden and Eminem have taken at each other previously (leading up until the present day).
- The diss tracks from Joe Budden to Drake and if Drake said anything back.
- Things that were said in interviews by Joe and Royce prior to Slaughterhouse splitting up.

I have been listening to the Joe Budden podcast for the past couple months and might be able to help (not with links sorry).

Joe Budden/Eminem

This would be tough to pinpoint when the beef happened but Joe definitely set it off by talking about Eminem's single 'Untouchable' on EveryDay Struggle (Complex show) - calling it the worst song in history. There's a video of that up on Youtube. Everybody was hating on Eminem's tracklist and album cover for Revival but Joe was the most vocal.

Royce spoke up in defence for Em which caused friction between Joe and Royce.

Also back when Slaughterhouse was trying to take off, Eminem has been accused of hindering the groups success for various reasons, money, production etc.

Joe Budden/Drake

I'm not entirely sure why this beef started, but my assumption is Joe said some things about Drake on his podcast a couple years ago (also around the time Drake and Meek were beefing). Drake caught wind of it, and through some loosies, Drake did make some subtle jabs at Budden although this has not been confirmed.

Slaughterhouse Split

This would be the most difficult to find the real story as you've got more than 4 well established MC's in the picture who all have opposing opinions of what went down. There's a video on Youtube of Joe Budden talking about this saga on his podcast which might bring some clarity.