Author Topic: Dr. Dre - The Chronic Re-Lit & From The Vault DVD  (Read 1685 times)

bandm

• Lil Geezy
Dr. Dre - The Chronic Re-Lit & From The Vault DVD
« on: October 29, 2018, 03:24:04 PM »
Hey guys!
Anyone here who bought this album? Is it even worth it compared to the original or the remaster regarding the sound quality?
Is it possible to play the 7 unreleased songs from the DVD in a car DVD player?

OriginalVersion

Re: Dr. Dre - The Chronic Re-Lit & From The Vault DVD
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 08:41:12 PM »
From what I remember, the remaster sounded too crisp. I don't know about the 7 tracks though. The quality on them was ass though. You're better off just putting them on your iPod (or MP3 player) and plugging one of those cassette tapes in with the audio jack rather than play through the D.V.D. Much easier.
+++||ORIGINAL VERSION||+++

HighEyeCue

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 04:14:03 PM »
the DVD from the Vault tracks sound unfinished :-\

shame cause there was some dope material, Smoke Enough Bud by Jewell and a couple of CPO tracks that stood out

dj coma

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 03:40:22 AM »
Hey guys!
Anyone here who bought this album? Is it even worth it compared to the original or the remaster regarding the sound quality?

Just download the 7 tracks from this site or somewhere. Unless you're a collector, there's nothing that special about this edition. The videos on the DVD were cool though. Lots of commercials for The Chronic were on there that had never hit the internet before.

As others have mentioned, the remaster was garbage and I believe somebody (maybe efrain?) confirmed that it was the same remaster that was released in 2001. There is no better sounding edition of The Chronic than the original. That's true of basically all Death Row releases from 92-99, although some might prefer the remaster of Makaveli due to the original being intentionally "dull" sounding and the remaster was brighter.

bandm

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2018, 05:29:44 AM »
Hey guys!

Just download the 7 tracks from this site or somewhere. Unless you're a collector, there's nothing that special about this edition. The videos on the DVD were cool though. Lots of commercials for The Chronic were on there that had never hit the internet before.

As others have mentioned, the remaster was garbage and I believe somebody (maybe efrain?) confirmed that it was the same remaster that was released in 2001. There is no better sounding edition of The Chronic than the original. That's true of basically all Death Row releases from 92-99, although some might prefer the remaster of Makaveli due to the original being intentionally "dull" sounding and the remaster was brighter.
I'm a collector, that's the problem  8) 8)
So the remaster is the same, ok. But what about the 7 bonus tracks, is it possible to listen in a DVD car player? I know that in a CD player it can't be played.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2018, 07:01:11 AM »
as long as the DVD player can read DVD-mp3's it shouldn't be a problem

bandm

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2018, 11:25:57 AM »
as long as the DVD player can read DVD-mp3's it shouldn't be a problem
I thought that too.
But I just wanted to know if someone has already tried it. Because I don't want to need to put the DVD in my laptop to listen to the bonus tracks.

dj coma

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2018, 09:02:48 AM »
Hey guys!

I'm a collector, that's the problem  8) 8)
So the remaster is the same, ok. But what about the 7 bonus tracks, is it possible to listen in a DVD car player? I know that in a CD player it can't be played.

I guess so, but if you're a collector then I don't know why you would be concerned about playing the music off the DVD in a car. Put the songs on your phones if you want to listen to them and keep the item in mint or sealed condition in your home.