Author Topic: ICE CUBE - EVERYTHANG’S CORRUPT (Official Discussion)  (Read 17807 times)

Okka

Re: Ice Cube - Everythang's Corrupt (Official Discussion/Anticipation Thread)
« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2018, 08:46:56 AM »
The song with Too Short is dope. It's produced by DJ Pooh. Good to see he and Cube aren't beefin' anymore. Hopefully Pooh could help with "The Last Friday"?

Sccit

« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2018, 08:54:19 AM »
The song with Too Short is dope. It's produced by DJ Pooh. Good to see he and Cube aren't beefin' anymore. Hopefully Pooh could help with "The Last Friday"?

what was their beef

Okka

« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2018, 08:58:31 AM »

what was their beef

Cube acted like he wrote the first "Friday" when most of it was supposedly written by Pooh. I think Solo talked about it in his new interview with Soren Baker.

Westdog

« Reply #78 on: December 07, 2018, 09:05:54 AM »
Did this actually come out on Interscope? I don't think Cube spent a lot of money on the beats. I wonder if he tells the producers he works with these days that he wants that particular sound, 'cause the beats on "Tomorrow", "Too West Coast", "Sasquatch", "Only One Me", "Fire Water" etc all have similar sounds.

First 7 songs wack to much bullshit political talk, and south beats and wack lyrics, proper disappointed garbage album

He had political lyrics always

Yeah, what the fuck is you talkin' about?

Cube = Political and gangsta rap
This my town, I run it, you walk it
You just now learnin’ the game, I taught it

Sccit

« Reply #79 on: December 07, 2018, 09:11:43 AM »

what was their beef

Cube acted like he wrote the first "Friday" when most of it was supposedly written by Pooh. I think Solo talked about it in his new interview with Soren Baker.

oh i thought u said he had a beef with short lol .. i knew about the pooh shit

Blood$

« Reply #80 on: December 07, 2018, 01:51:32 PM »
played the album at work today and I swear some of y'all just look for anything to bitch about lol did I really read someone complain that Cube of all people is too political?  :laugh:

aside from some of the beats being kinda repetitive/average in the later half, this was way better than I Am The West and I'd also argue as an album it's better than Raw Footage... need to give it a few more spins before I decide to cop a hard copy or not
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 01:53:35 PM by Blood$ »

The following users thanked this post: HighEyeCue

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2018, 03:14:31 PM »
Bout half way through and it’s solid. Nothing wack and nothing groundbreaking so far.

The following users thanked this post: D-TalkX, Blood$, HighEyeCue

HighEyeCue

« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2018, 03:56:55 PM »
those expecting early 90's Cube are going to be dissapointed, he hasnt been that rapper in 20 years

comparing this to his last album it is definitely an improvement 8)

The following users thanked this post: Okka, D-TalkX, wardy

k1000

« Reply #83 on: December 09, 2018, 12:48:49 PM »
pure live funk : Ice Cube live on Jimmy Fallon's Tonight Show :

Jay_J

« Reply #84 on: December 09, 2018, 01:39:54 PM »
did anybody notice that mastering of the album really sucks? who the fuck mix mastered this album and made it sound like that? one by one every song on the album sounds worse than it really is because of the guy who is responsible with mix mastering .

doggfather

« Reply #85 on: December 10, 2018, 03:54:51 AM »
pure live funk : Ice Cube live on Jimmy Fallon's Tonight Show :

Best track from the album!

A live album with the roots would be cool!
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Blood$

« Reply #86 on: December 10, 2018, 11:29:59 AM »
did anybody notice that mastering of the album really sucks? who the fuck mix mastered this album and made it sound like that? one by one every song on the album sounds worse than it really is because of the guy who is responsible with mix mastering .

you got a bad rip then, plays fine for me in my ride

chtimixeur

« Reply #87 on: December 10, 2018, 12:49:01 PM »

A lot of songs clip and sound absolutely awful on headphones. Way to ruin an album.

Jay_J

« Reply #88 on: December 10, 2018, 01:46:38 PM »

you got a bad rip then, plays fine for me in my ride

dude i have studio monitors and listening it from spotify.

Young Old Head

« Reply #89 on: December 10, 2018, 01:47:13 PM »

A lot of songs clip and sound absolutely awful on headphones. Way to ruin an album.

Sucks that (mostly young) artists don't invest in proper mastering anymore.

I did a quick background check on dude who mixed and mastered the album (Dave "Dizmix" Lopez) and it looks like he's a seasoned engineer who's worked with Ludacris, Lil Jon, WC, Snoop, Bootsy Collins, Beyoncé, Brandy, Angie Stone + a gang of other R&B artists. Welp, shoulda sticked to engineering instead of mastering.

Cash Money Blood Gang