Author Topic: ICE CUBE - EVERYTHANG’S CORRUPT (Official Discussion)  (Read 17823 times)

Sccit

Re: Ice Cube - Everythang's Corrupt (Official Discussion/Anticipation Thread)
« Reply #120 on: January 08, 2019, 11:53:11 PM »
does anyone know how this sold?

i don’t even see it on the billboard 200

The Predator

« Reply #121 on: January 09, 2019, 03:51:00 AM »
No idea on the singles but album -

Shifted around 14,000 album equivalent units, of which 8,000 were pure album sales.

Debuted at 62 on the Billboard 200 charts, 2nd week the album was out of the BB charts.

US Billboard 200 - 62
US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums (Billboard) - 27
Canada Top Albums/CDs (RPM) - 39
Australian Albums (A.R.I.A) - 56
Belgian Albums (Ultratop Flanders) - 127
Dutch Albums (Mega Charts) - 85
Swiss Albums (Hitparade) - 63

Westdog

« Reply #122 on: January 09, 2019, 07:33:17 AM »

Shifted around 14,000 album equivalent units, of which 8,000 were pure album sales.

Debuted at 62 on the Billboard 200 charts, 2nd week the album was out of the BB charts.

US Billboard 200 - 62

Fuck charts! It's no matters.Album is Good.
This my town, I run it, you walk it
You just now learnin’ the game, I taught it

Sccit

« Reply #123 on: January 09, 2019, 08:39:03 AM »

US Billboard 200 - 62

it matters because we probably won’t ever get another cube album again

he’s too successful in hollywood to put out albums that don’t chart after 2 weeks

Elko.

« Reply #124 on: January 09, 2019, 03:30:57 PM »

US Billboard 200 - 62

he’s too successful in hollywood to put out albums that don’t chart after 2 weeks

He only has himself to blame for that. It's almost like the project was cursed from the jump. He shouldn't of even dropped the name of the project if he wasn't going to release it soon after.

Blood$

« Reply #125 on: January 09, 2019, 05:09:04 PM »
I might have to cop a hard copy of this, album grows on you more with each listen  8)

The following users thanked this post: D-TalkX

Sccit

« Reply #126 on: January 09, 2019, 06:03:17 PM »

US Billboard 200 - 62

He only has himself to blame for that. It's almost like the project was cursed from the jump. He shouldn't of even dropped the name of the project if he wasn't going to release it soon after.

I SEE WHY DRE NEVER DROPPED DETOX

THIS SHIT WAS ACTUALLY SURPRISINGLY BANGIN

FROM ALL THEM POP CUTS WIT LMFAO, 2CHAINZ, ETC. / WEIRD BUBBLE GUM JOINTS HE WAS DOIN TO TRY N GET A HIT, I WAS EXPECTING IT TO BE AT LEAST 50% FILLER.....

BUT HE GAVE US SOME REAL ICE CUBE SHIT AND IT FLOPPED.......THATS BAD NEWS. I FEEL LIKE THIS WILL BE THE LAST ALBUM HE DROPS WIT REAL EFFORT.

The following users thanked this post: JeremyM

Elko.

« Reply #127 on: January 09, 2019, 07:07:32 PM »

US Billboard 200 - 62

FROM ALL THEM POP CUTS WIT LMFAO, 2CHAINZ, ETC. / WEIRD BUBBLE GUM JOINTS HE WAS DOIN TO TRY N GET A HIT, I WAS EXPECTING IT TO BE AT LEAST 50% FILLER.....

BUT HE GAVE US SOME REAL ICE CUBE SHIT AND IT FLOPPED.......THATS BAD NEWS. I FEEL LIKE THIS WILL BE THE LAST ALBUM HE DROPS WIT REAL EFFORT.

At least it wasn't as bad as I Am the West from 2010.

Sccit

« Reply #128 on: January 09, 2019, 08:19:20 PM »

US Billboard 200 - 62

At least it wasn't as bad as I Am the West from 2010.

IT WASNT BAD AT ALL...IT WAS REALLY GOOD, ACTUALLY

BUT THE LACK OF SALES WILL DEFINITELY DISCOURAGE HIM FROM DOIN MORE MUSIC. IM PRETTY SURE EVEN "I AM THE WEST" SOLD BETTER.

I DONT GET HOW A BIG NAME LIKE ICE CUBE CANT GENERATE ANY SORTA BUZZ WIT A NEW STUDIO ALBUM. WE TALKIN BOUT A RAPPER WHO'S IN MANY PEOPLE'S TOP 5 ALL TIME. WEAKSAUCE.

Westdog

« Reply #129 on: January 10, 2019, 02:42:39 AM »

US Billboard 200 - 62

That's why he will drop new music. He don't think about selling  no more. he have movies and Big 3 for money

Westdog

« Reply #130 on: January 10, 2019, 02:48:21 AM »

I DONT GET HOW A BIG NAME LIKE ICE CUBE CANT GENERATE ANY SORTA BUZZ WIT A NEW STUDIO ALBUM. WE TALKIN BOUT A RAPPER WHO'S IN MANY PEOPLE'S TOP 5 ALL TIME. WEAKSAUCE.
[/quote]

today many young people like bubble gum rap and don't know the roots. That's why

Sccit

« Reply #131 on: January 10, 2019, 07:31:14 AM »
today many young people like bubble gum rap and don't know the roots. That's why

YEA BUT THERES ENOUGH OG’S STILL AROUND FOR CUBE TO BE SUCCESFUL

ONLY IN RAP CAN A LEGEND DROP AN ALBUM N NOT GET ANY LOVE

IF GUNS N’ ROSES DROP A NEW ALBUM, THEY GOIN PLAT OFF THEIR LEGACY ALONE

Sccit

« Reply #132 on: January 10, 2019, 07:33:15 AM »

US Billboard 200 - 62

That's why he will drop new music. He don't think about selling  no more. he have movies and Big 3 for money

I HIGHLY DOUBT HE KEEPS USING HIS RESOURCES TO MAKE MUSIC IF NO ONE CHECKS FOR IT

HOME IM WRONG THO

D-TalkX

« Reply #133 on: January 10, 2019, 09:37:14 AM »
I agree this is probably his last album but I don't think he's been deterred by poor sales. Rapping is his most notorious medium - he releases a project here and there for the fans and to remind everyone of his roots. New generations were introduced to him as an actor and probably haven't checked his catalogue, nor can they relate. His target market has grown up and very little of our disposable income is spent on music. Artists don't make money on album sales anymore, it's just the way of the business (Apple Music, downloading etc). The more shows he does, the more sales spikes he will get but ultimately if you're trying to generate revenue these days, then shows and appearances are everything. The album allows you to tour, not much more...

Overall, I think the album is good, there are a lot of cool songs. Chase Down the Bully bangs hardddd

Sccit

« Reply #134 on: January 10, 2019, 10:45:59 AM »
I agree this is probably his last album but I don't think he's been deterred by poor sales. Rapping is his most notorious medium - he releases a project here and there for the fans and to remind everyone of his roots. New generations were introduced to him as an actor and probably haven't checked his catalogue, nor can they relate. His target market has grown up and very little of our disposable income is spent on music. Artists don't make money on album sales anymore, it's just the way of the business (Apple Music, downloading etc). The more shows he does, the more sales spikes he will get but ultimately if you're trying to generate revenue these days, then shows and appearances are everything. The album allows you to tour, not much more...

Overall, I think the album is good, there are a lot of cool songs. Chase Down the Bully bangs hardddd

I MEAN METALLICA RELEASED AN ALBUM 2 YEARS AGO AND WENT PLAT OFF THEIR NAME ALONE

ITS ONLY IN HIP-HOP WHERE THE LEGENDS GET NO RESPECT

I WONDER IF 2PAC WAS ALIVE AND MAKING MUSIC, WOULD HE PUT OUT AN ALBUM AND ONLY SELL 8,000 COPIES THE FIRST WEEK? SOUNDS CRAZY, BUT IF CUBE DID, ITS DEFINITELY POSSIBLE.