Author Topic: ICE CUBE - EVERYTHANG’S CORRUPT (Official Discussion)  (Read 17814 times)

Laconic5261

Re: Ice Cube - Everythang's Corrupt (Official Discussion/Anticipation Thread)
« Reply #135 on: January 10, 2019, 05:09:04 PM »
I might have to cop a hard copy of this, album grows on you more with each listen  8)

Do it. Well worth the money. I picked up the CD. Was hoping for vinyl but I don’t believe any copies were pressed. And definitely agree...the more you listen to this the better it gets. I don’t skip ANY songs. Even Bad Dope has grown on me 8)

The following users thanked this post: JeremyM

Heavenly Ebony

« Reply #136 on: January 10, 2019, 09:32:42 PM »
Well
As much as I carried on like a delusional nincompoop over Everythang's Corrupt I haven't actually listened to it.
I've heard the title track, New Funkadelic, Arrest The President and the spoken word version of Fire Water but it really didn't get much play on social media and I couldn't be bothered listening for a whole hour despite my deranged obsession with the album for the last 6 years. I liked the spoken word in terms of it being spoken word but hearing Cube refer to himself as a cannibal really didn't do it for me.

thats because u don’t really care for the music as much as u care for cubes nuts in yo mouf :banana_dsf:

I'm nuts enough as it is
Don't need Cubes

happy new year

Finally gave this shit a listen coz I needed something to distract me from the monotony of exercise so I'm actually surprised I don't hate it as much as I thought I would.
Love the hook on Streets Shed Tears. I got like 4 songs left to listen to so I'll reserve judgement but I gotta say I had a real confused look on my face when he rhymed "funny" with "the Easter bunny"
"What the fuck?" was my initial reaction to alot of his attempts at punch lines.
Cube said himself there's more money in film than music and he's been on the big screen ALOT lately so it's safe to say he not missing no meals despite poor record sales.
I'm just glad I didn't hear any direct threats towards me which drove my obsession with him and this album these last year's. And yes. I know how stupid that sounds. Just as stupid as Cube rhyming bout Isaac Newton. He should of said something bout Huey Newton.
As late as I am to the table I like this album alot more than IATW and I wanna thank Cube for that rhetoric bout bitches with fake this and that like he ain't into it coz I compare myself to women who have had plastic surgery and feel inadequate even though I've basically written off any future dalliances with the opposite sex.

So, happy new year Sccit.

D-TalkX

« Reply #137 on: January 10, 2019, 11:27:44 PM »
I agree this is probably his last album but I don't think he's been deterred by poor sales. Rapping is his most notorious medium - he releases a project here and there for the fans and to remind everyone of his roots. New generations were introduced to him as an actor and probably haven't checked his catalogue, nor can they relate. His target market has grown up and very little of our disposable income is spent on music. Artists don't make money on album sales anymore, it's just the way of the business (Apple Music, downloading etc). The more shows he does, the more sales spikes he will get but ultimately if you're trying to generate revenue these days, then shows and appearances are everything. The album allows you to tour, not much more...

Overall, I think the album is good, there are a lot of cool songs. Chase Down the Bully bangs hardddd

I MEAN METALLICA RELEASED AN ALBUM 2 YEARS AGO AND WENT PLAT OFF THEIR NAME ALONE

ITS ONLY IN HIP-HOP WHERE THE LEGENDS GET NO RESPECT

I WONDER IF 2PAC WAS ALIVE AND MAKING MUSIC, WOULD HE PUT OUT AN ALBUM AND ONLY SELL 8,000 COPIES THE FIRST WEEK? SOUNDS CRAZY, BUT IF CUBE DID, ITS DEFINITELY POSSIBLE.

I agree, rappers are the low end of the totem pole. They suffer the most, primarily because of their content I believe.

Westdog

« Reply #138 on: January 11, 2019, 02:14:03 AM »
I agree this is probably his last album but I don't think he's been deterred by poor sales. Rapping is his most notorious medium - he releases a project here and there for the fans and to remind everyone of his roots. New generations were introduced to him as an actor and probably haven't checked his catalogue, nor can they relate. His target market has grown up and very little of our disposable income is spent on music. Artists don't make money on album sales anymore, it's just the way of the business (Apple Music, downloading etc). The more shows he does, the more sales spikes he will get but ultimately if you're trying to generate revenue these days, then shows and appearances are everything. The album allows you to tour, not much more...

Overall, I think the album is good, there are a lot of cool songs. Chase Down the Bully bangs hardddd

I MEAN METALLICA RELEASED AN ALBUM 2 YEARS AGO AND WENT PLAT OFF THEIR NAME ALONE

ITS ONLY IN HIP-HOP WHERE THE LEGENDS GET NO RESPECT

I WONDER IF 2PAC WAS ALIVE AND MAKING MUSIC, WOULD HE PUT OUT AN ALBUM AND ONLY SELL 8,000 COPIES THE FIRST WEEK? SOUNDS CRAZY, BUT IF CUBE DID, ITS DEFINITELY POSSIBLE.

sadly of course
This my town, I run it, you walk it
You just now learnin’ the game, I taught it

Westdog

« Reply #139 on: January 11, 2019, 02:15:19 AM »
I might have to cop a hard copy of this, album grows on you more with each listen  8)

Do it. Well worth the money. I picked up the CD. Was hoping for vinyl but I don’t believe any copies were pressed. And definitely agree...the more you listen to this the better it gets. I don’t skip ANY songs. Even Bad Dope has grown on me 8)

Word!

Westdog

« Reply #140 on: January 23, 2019, 11:18:32 PM »
Need more videos for Album

gio™fugahoo

« Reply #141 on: January 24, 2019, 01:35:58 AM »
I think he still will release music but maybe not as an actual CD he will just release songs or albums through Internet I think that’s the new thing Maybe he will sell the songs through his website or anything but in a few years from now there will be no more CDs
And honestly sure I’ll like a new cube song from time to time but when I go to an ice cube concert
I want to see him perform his old classics  ;D

Sccit

« Reply #142 on: January 24, 2019, 02:15:45 AM »
but in a few years from now there will be no more CDs

LOL

Young Old Head

« Reply #143 on: January 27, 2019, 01:36:07 AM »
Yup. I'm not really sure what people are complaining about. This record is fire and gets better with more spins. Worst song is probably Bad Dope but it's at least a cool concept track that fits in nicely between Don't Bring Me No Bag and On Them Pills.  There are so many good songs and it's hard to pick a favorite. Can U Dig It? is good shit, Fire Water hits hard and so does Still In The Kitchen and Chase Down The Bully. I can pop this bitch in and just let it play until the end 8) 8) 8)

people are complaining about who is in charge of mastering the album ruined many good songs. they are already good songs but with a better mastering they would sound more dope.

Well Cube said Everythang's Corrupt, I guess that includes the mix/mastering lol ;D. No but for reals, I got the cd, I've been bumping that shit hard as fuck and it sounds pretty good to me, haven't checked it on headphones or studio monitors tho'.

Finally took the time out to check out the iTunes and CD version and bumped it on a nice stereo, in the car and on various headphones (Sony in-ears, on-ears, Marshall, Shure, AKG, Beats) and came to the conclusion: the album sounds alright on most systems, but certain songs are clipping like a muthafucka (mostly on headphones). Worst 2 tracks quality-wise are "Fire Water" and "Street Shed Tears" (hook!), some are slightly clipping ("Chase Down The Bully", "Don't Bring Me No Bag", "On Them Pills"). Also noticed that there's a tiny skip at the end of "Good Cop Bad Cop".
Next time Cube should definitely outsource the mastering part. Guess that's wishful thinking tho, lol.

Cash Money Blood Gang

Heavenly Ebony

« Reply #144 on: January 30, 2019, 03:11:52 PM »

Cube did an Everythang's Corrupt tour in Australia in 2014.

I don't see a worldwide tour for this album.

Interscope financed it.

Cube already got his cut.

He came.
He delivered.
It wasn't received as much as anticipated.
Even the Everythang's Corrupt hashtag on twitter died after a month.
Much of Cubes older audience are too busy trying to feed their children's consumerism needs to be rushing out to buy themselves anything.

I agree that after all those singles which sucked the big one the album was refreshing to hear Cube delve back into some of his older flows instead of trying to sound current.

If he does tour this album that's on fans to get promoters and touring companies willing to fork out the incentive.

I don't know how much Cube charges for a performance but I do know WC's connect quoted 7k and as much as you can guarantee he'll be on stage with Cube, logistically I'm not sure anyone going to take the risk to finance another EC tour.

The Predator

« Reply #145 on: February 01, 2019, 12:40:36 PM »
Man who fired gun near sold-out Ice Cube concert in Del Mar pleads guilty

January 23, 2019
KUSI Newsroom

SAN DIEGO (KUSI) – An Escondido man who pulled out a gun and fired two shots in the air when he couldn’t get a ticket to a sold-out Ice Cube concert at the Del Mar Fairgrounds, prompting a sheriff’s deputy to shoot him four times, pleaded guilty Wednesday to discharging a firearm in a grossly negligent manner.

Daniel Elizarraras, 22, faces three years in prison when he is sentenced March 4. A charge of assault on a peace officer with a semi-automatic weapon was dismissed as part of the plea.

Elizarraras had faced up to 19 years behind bars, said Deputy District Attorney David McNees. The defendant pleaded guilty on the day his preliminary hearing was scheduled to begin.

Prior to the shooting last Sept. 2, fairgrounds officials had determined that the venue was at capacity and turned people away from the horse races and the concert by the rapper Ice Cube.

Fights broke out between security guards and would-be concert-goers who were upset that they weren’t going to be allowed into the show, witnesses said.

Sheriff’s Deputy Tyler Eikermann — an 11-year veteran of the department — saw Elizarraras raise a silver-colored firearm and shoot into the air in a large crowd by a ticket booth, prompting the deputy to pull out his Taser, but it was ineffective, authorities said.

Eikermann pulled out his firearm and shot Elizarraras four times when the defendant lower his right hand and pointed his semi-automatic weapon at the deputy, according to prosecutors.

Elizarraras was hit three times in the torso and once in the arm. One bullet is still lodged near the defendant’s spine, McNees said.

Earlier Report: Man shot by Sheriff’s Deputy outside Del Mar concert pleads not guilty   

« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 11:17:24 PM by The Predator »

The Predator

« Reply #146 on: February 04, 2019, 01:06:41 PM »

Ice Cube is featured on the latest segment of Amoeba Records What's in my Bag? In the program, musicians and artists talk about cool records that they just picked up. You can see the video below. Ice cube released Everythang’s Corrupt at the end of 2018.

Laconic5261

« Reply #147 on: February 09, 2019, 09:42:40 AM »
Vinyl droppin' 4/19/19 8)

Laconic5261

Ain't Got No Haters video droppin' soon

Westdog

Ain't Got No Haters video droppin' soon

where is information from?