Author Topic: why does warren's flow get no respect?  (Read 413 times)

Jome

Re:why does warren's flow get no respect?
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2003, 08:15:30 PM »
He's simple.. that's WHY.
He can be pretty nice, but you'll never hear him busting a Ras Kass line or a Pharoahe Monch metaphor..
I think Dr.Dre is a better rapper than him, but that's not to say that Warren can be dope some times.

And he fits good to his own production so he doesn't sound out of space.

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2003, 08:35:57 PM »
I always liked Warren G's flow.

Trauma-san

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2003, 08:47:56 PM »
I think Dr.Dre is a better rapper than him, but that's not to say that Warren can be dope some times.

Dre is a better rapper than him, but lets be real, Dre is pretty damn good.  People act like simple lyrics kill you, I stand by my position - Good rappers have a good beat, not good lyrics.  People weren't bumpin' the beastie boys because they had awesome lyrics, or marly marl, or big daddy kane, or even nwa.  It's all about attitude, delivery, the beat, your flow, the least important thing is lyrics.  Dre's a bad-ass rapper, I don't care if he dont' write his stuff, his flow is NICE.  Same with Warren G.  

You're right about his production, too, warren produces perfect for himself.  so funky

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2003, 11:56:52 PM »
simple lyrics kill you, I stand by my position - Good rappers have a good beat, not good lyrics.  People weren't bumpin' the beastie boys because they had awesome lyrics, or marly marl, or big daddy kane, or even nwa.  

Big Daddy Kane is held up with Rakim as the greatest lyricist of the 80's.

Marley Marl is known as a super producer never a dope MC.

Ice Cube is seen as one of the best lyricists of all time.

Just wanted to make those clear but I agree lyrics aren't everything. It has to be balanced.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2003, 11:57:46 PM by WestCoastVeteran »

Gangsta_T

• T-Records CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • alldayeveryday another dope album!who can compete?
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2003, 04:13:19 AM »
the perfect balance is the important thing

T
REMEMBER: big dicks in yo ass is bad fo yo health!
Ice muthaphukkkin Cube

RIP :
Eazy-E, Fo Clips, Cougnut, Big L, Mausberg, Roger Troutman, Tupac, Notorious BIG, Big Pun, Mr Cee & Hitman of RBL Posse, Speedy Loc, JMJ, Tone Capone

FUCK Nelly & St Lunatics
FUCK the Neptunes & Timbaland
FUCK Puff Daddy
FUCK Murder Inc
FUCK Eminem & 50 Cent
FUCK all RnB Snitches & Bitches

"im rare as finding warm pussy in an igloo"

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2003, 06:45:56 AM »
You're right about his production, too, warren produces perfect for himself.  so funky
i think it was hi-tek who said a producer who makes a beat for themselves and raps on it won't be able to find a better verse from someone else.

i look forwad to a warren g verse a hell of alot more than one of dre's

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

dexter

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2003, 07:47:40 AM »
Trama good words. Warren is dope.

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2003, 07:47:50 AM »

Dre is a better rapper than him, but lets be real, Dre is pretty damn good.  People act like simple lyrics kill you, I stand by my position - Good rappers have a good beat, not good lyrics.  People weren't bumpin' the beastie boys because they had awesome lyrics, or marly marl, or big daddy kane, or even nwa.  It's all about attitude, delivery, the beat, your flow, the least important thing is lyrics.  Dre's a bad-ass rapper, I don't care if he dont' write his stuff, his flow is NICE.  Same with Warren G.  

ya lyrics are important but there's way more about a rapper than just the lyrics.. i think the way people rate Dre's rappin is str8 up hatin..it was once brought up that he couldn't rap cuz he don't write his lyrics and from then on people would think u GOTS to rate him a wack rapper.. it's really funny how people call him wack and u can easily tell they don't even know shit about lyrics cuz of other statements they make..

i like Warren G's rappin.. a VERY important aspect is that rappers know how to flow over beats.. Dre and Warren definatly know how to flow over their beats

shlomid1

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • g-funk 4 ever!!!
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2003, 11:47:36 PM »
I think warren is a sick rapper and he gets plenty of respect from me.
westside!!!!

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2003, 08:54:48 AM »
I prefer Warren to Dre anyday. Dre's verses normally ruin the flow of a track, for example on Hello, Cube and Ren kill the beat, and then Dre sort of slurs his verse through. Dre does actually sound like your dad when he is taking the piss out of rap and that is not a good thing. Dre can come tight sometimes but it all depends on who is writing his lyrics for him, my favourite Dre verse outside of his own albums is probably on NWA's Chin Check where he does actually rip the beat up, but that is probably cause Cube or Ren wrote the verse for him. Throughout most of 2001 he just sounded lazy.

Gangsta_T

• T-Records CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • alldayeveryday another dope album!who can compete?
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2003, 03:16:46 AM »
I prefer Warren to Dre anyday. Dre's verses normally ruin the flow of a track, for example on Hello, Cube and Ren kill the beat, and then Dre sort of slurs his verse through. Dre does actually sound like your dad when he is taking the piss out of rap and that is not a good thing. Dre can come tight sometimes but it all depends on who is writing his lyrics for him, my favourite Dre verse outside of his own albums is probably on NWA's Chin Check where he does actually rip the beat up, but that is probably cause Cube or Ren wrote the verse for him. Throughout most of 2001 he just sounded lazy.

word
REMEMBER: big dicks in yo ass is bad fo yo health!
Ice muthaphukkkin Cube

RIP :
Eazy-E, Fo Clips, Cougnut, Big L, Mausberg, Roger Troutman, Tupac, Notorious BIG, Big Pun, Mr Cee & Hitman of RBL Posse, Speedy Loc, JMJ, Tone Capone

FUCK Nelly & St Lunatics
FUCK the Neptunes & Timbaland
FUCK Puff Daddy
FUCK Murder Inc
FUCK Eminem & 50 Cent
FUCK all RnB Snitches & Bitches

"im rare as finding warm pussy in an igloo"

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2003, 05:03:10 AM »

u can dislike Dre's flow but it does NOT normally ruin a track..

on Bitch Please II for example he ripped it especially when he sais 'You and what Army could hArm me?
dRe and shAdy wit dOggy from lOng Beach'

he also ripped California Love and back in tha NWA days he ALWAYS came off dope

as for 2001.. Still D.R.E. is (as for verses) a Dre solo and it's prolly the best track of that classic album (I know Jay wrote it but that's not what I'm talking about) although there's so many dope guest artists

Big Egos is just a slow track.. that's why both Dre and Hitt flowed slow..

Fuck You, The Watcher were dope too and his flow on Forgot about Dre was dope too plus u can see he CAN flow fast.. it's just not his usual style.. there's many catz that always be flowing slow and still sound dope

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2003, 08:32:51 AM »
Warren is mad dope on his verses. True, his lyrics are sometimes wack...especially on Regulate...but he gets better with age :D

He's laid back and funny and I'd rather hear warren rap than some ultra-energetic-gangstas with average lyrics.