Author Topic: Joe Dick's old school song of the week  (Read 176 times)

pappy

Joe Dick's old school song of the week
« on: May 03, 2003, 10:38:35 PM »
MC Shan-  The bridge

classic beat by marley marl.  Classic hook.  MC Shan's ode to queensbridge.  This song started the legendary Shan- BDP beef.  Granted krs-one killed shans career basically shan still dropped one of the greatest singles in rap history

pappy

Re:Joe Dick's old school song of the week
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2003, 11:57:08 AM »
if you start some shit yo ass had better run cuz im from......

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2003, 11:57:31 AM »
Marley Marl is the creator of so many classics it's unreal.

This is some classic ish.  

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2003, 12:01:39 PM »
shan was so overlooked its not even funny..

and marley marl is in the top 5 best producers ever..

damn i miss the juice crew!!!
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

KVB

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2003, 12:42:13 PM »
The rhyming on display on this song is awfully simplistic, so personally I don't consider this a classic. It's impact was probably huge, though... and truthfully speaking that's the only positive thing about this song, IMO.

pappy

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2003, 08:22:35 PM »
an what about that beat an hook,  shit is classic.  an look at snoop's rhyming  on doggystyle,  awfully simplistic an still classic

KVB

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2003, 08:10:12 AM »
an what about that beat an hook,  shit is classic.  an look at snoop's rhyming  on doggystyle,  awfully simplistic an still classic

The beat is just a plain mix of drums and bass with no real substance IMO. Snoop on Doggystyle on the other hand were blessed with wonderful G-Funk tracks. He also exhibited better rapping skills than MC Shan, and that's what made that album classic. I don't like this song at all, just my opinion. Peace.