Author Topic: Bush And Conscious Hip Hop  (Read 260 times)

willie_d

• 'G'
  • You ready? Here come the pain!
Bush And Conscious Hip Hop
« on: May 04, 2003, 02:14:38 AM »

Apart from Paris' upcoming album, Sonic Jihad, brother KAM, and Public Enemy, I'm hearing surprisingly little criticism from the hip hop community concerning president Bush's new imperialism.
Could it be that mc's be condoning this shit? Entering a foreign country in a illegal fashion with surprisingly little evidence of weapons of mass destruction after the war is over?
Instead of critically following mister Bush's every move, a track called "In The Club" is ruling the air waves. Now I ain't hating on 50 Cent, but what the fuck is happening? Rappers afraid to speak out or do record labels prevent that critical shit from coming out?
I think it's about that time to lay down the bottle, the honeys, and the hash, and letting the people know what's the deal with their president. Hell, the rest of the world already thinks 'little Bush' has gone mad, but what about the U.S.?
It's time for rappers to leave the parties and read some books instead, don't y'all think?
The only way you can fuck with me, is in a orgy.

Trauma-san

Re:Bush And Conscious Hip Hop
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2003, 11:47:50 AM »
80% of america supports bush, that's why you're not hearing much criticism.  

willie_d

• 'G'
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2003, 12:27:09 PM »
80% of america supports bush, that's why you're not hearing much criticism.  

I heard different...

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2003, 12:33:46 PM »
Well, you're in fuckin' HOLLAND, maybe something got lost in the translation?

Kaidy

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2003, 01:10:32 PM »
what, 80% on a Fox news poll? please.

and yea I agree with that post willie. It's sad that there is such a lack of political rappers and songs. There aren't even any songs agreeing with the war lol. Maybe most people just gave up trying to oppose the US's dictator, or complain about situations at home that never get fixed.

oh well, at least we have Down With U.S and Amerikkka Me, and Paris coming soon.

Woodrow

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2003, 02:45:17 PM »
what, 80% on a Fox news poll? please..

Gallup poll

Citizen-Y

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2003, 04:59:13 PM »

hahahahah

Jome

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2003, 05:20:27 PM »

Either that, or they doesn't get the CENSORED version..  :P

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2003, 11:13:55 PM »

lol

willie_d

• 'G'
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2003, 08:29:10 AM »

You can foam at the mouth all you want, kid, but the fact is that you're supporting a dangerous lunatic, a modern imperialist who is surrounded by numerous religious fanatics who drop bombs on innocent people and pray for forgiveness at the same time.
And the sad fact is, that millions of people who don't want anything to do with an illegal war, are faced with a country who's feigning for nothing less than world domination by using military force and projecting fear to the people by manipulating the media.
Dream on, baby. Dream on.

Trauma-san

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2003, 10:08:49 AM »
LOL you're so arrogant! You think you're more 'intelligent' or less 'manipulated' than 80% of the american public?  It's not ALWAYS a conspiracy theory, and I'm pissed that you are associating your negative views with curtis mayfield (god bless him).  GO AMERICA!!! WHOOOOOOOOO

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2003, 12:07:59 PM »
you're supporting a dangerous lunatic, a modern imperialist who is surrounded by numerous religious fanatics who drop bombs on innocent people and pray for forgiveness at the same time.
[/color]

....Ok and religious fanatics don't take action on innocent people in the name of Islam and justify IT because of their religion?  I supposed Saddam Hussien is NOT a dangerous lunatic....Bin Laden---not a dangerous lunatic....whatever the fuck his name is in Korea---no he's not a dangerous lunatic---whatever those people ARE lunatics.  If you're grading on a curve, Bush is very much the opposite!