Author Topic: WHO CO-PRODUCED “RAW” FOR DAZ?  (Read 2988 times)

Sccit

WHO CO-PRODUCED “RAW” FOR DAZ?
« on: January 10, 2019, 12:20:32 PM »
DOGG FOOD WAS DRE

RRGB WAS SOOPAFLY

THIS LIFE WAS MIKE DEAN

BUT WHO HELPED DAZ ON RAW? HE’S THE ONLY ONE LISTED BUT HE’S HISTORICALLY NEEDED CO-PRODUCTION, SO I WONDER WHO HELPED ON THAT ALBUM??

Okka

Re: WHO CO-PRODUCED “RAW” FOR DAZ?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 12:28:56 PM »
Most of those songs were recorded while he was on Death Row, so probably Soopafly.

The following users thanked this post: Sccit, donfathaimmortal

donfathaimmortal

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 01:09:25 PM »
Daz & Soopafly produced most of this joints if im right.
The spot got shook, it was hell below | Is that Futureshock ?? | Hell, no, it's Death Row !

dj coma

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 04:00:58 PM »
Most of those songs were recorded while he was on Death Row, so probably Soopafly.

Agreed.

The following users thanked this post: Okka

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2019, 08:59:14 AM »
THE MAN Soopafly for sure.  Anything Daz has made that was dope had Soopafly written all over it. 

HighEyeCue

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2019, 12:04:47 PM »
THE MAN Soopafly for sure.  Anything Daz has made that was dope had Soopafly written all over it.

or Dre

Sccit

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2019, 12:29:33 PM »

or Dre

OR MIKE DEAN

dj coma

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2019, 02:55:42 PM »

or Dre

OR MIKE DEAN

Or Ivan Johnson

Sccit

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2019, 05:06:35 PM »

or Dre

OR MIKE DEAN

Or Ivan Johnson

LOL IVAN WAS BY FAR THE WEAKEST OF THE BUNCH

Sccit

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2019, 09:10:30 PM »
WHAT ABOUT ON “ALL EYEZ ON ME”?? I KNOW QUIK MIXED SOME- ANY1 ELSE??

Okka

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2019, 01:20:39 AM »

Soopafly helped Daz with the beats.

Sccit

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2019, 06:08:45 AM »

WHAT BEATS DID QUIK TOUCH UP? I KNOW HE MIXED I GOT MY MIND MADE UP .. WHAT ELSE?  I REMEMBER READING HE GHOST MIXED THAT ENTIRE ALBUM.

Okka

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2019, 07:52:36 AM »

WHAT BEATS DID QUIK TOUCH UP? I KNOW HE MIXED I GOT MY MIND MADE UP .. WHAT ELSE?  I REMEMBER READING HE GHOST MIXED THAT ENTIRE ALBUM.

Not sure, but i remember Quik sayin' he was involved with "Dogg Food" in some way too. Daz gave him a shout out in the booklet.

Okka

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2019, 07:58:59 AM »
Here's the interview where Quik talks about it.

DX: I wanna go back to the Death Row era for just one more question –

DJ Quik: That’s cool. You can stay there, I don’t care.

DX: Well you made some amazing music during that time, stuff some people even forget about like “Crack ‘Em” for O.F.T.B., “Come When I Call” for Danny Boy, so many classic joints. But I’ve always been curious to know why David Blake’s name didn’t appear in the credits for [Tha Dogg Pound’s] Dogg Food or [Snoop Dogg’s] Tha Doggfather?

DJ Quik: Um … you know, sometimes Suge could be an asshole. Or maybe some of the engineers, ‘cause everybody thought they were gangsters over there, including the little white engineers.

DX: [Laughs]

DJ Quik: Yeah, it’s funny, isn’t it?

DX: Well, it’s not funny, but …

DJ Quik: Yeah, everybody thought they were gangsters. … But Daz and Kurupt know how much I helped them. But see, payback is a dog. Look how we made it right, me and Kurupt did an album together [BlaQKout] that was considered album of the year.

I’ll share this with you: I think I might be a little too advanced for Hip Hop. I think Hip Hop is such a small, minute genre when it comes to music. And it’s the only genre of music where there’s murder, mayhem, infighting, jealousy and hatred, and all that good stuff. That doesn’t happen in Country music, nor does it happen in R&B as well. [And], that was the normal thing [at Death Row]. You’d have to really be – Like Suge [would] say, “You had to make hits or get hit.” Dig that.

DX: Did you get to really work with Nate Dogg at all during that period?

DJ Quik: Yeah. He had this song called “These Days.” He gave me the tapes. Teddy Riley had did the beat for him. And we sat up in there together and he let me … you know, he let me remix it for him. I mixed it for him. I would do anything for Nate. Nate was just a easy guy [to work with].

https://hiphopdx.com/interviews/id.1691/title.dj-quik-against-all-odds#

It seems Quik made the beat for "These Days" or he has an unreleased remix of it.

dj coma

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2019, 09:09:17 AM »

or Dre

OR MIKE DEAN

Or Ivan Johnson

LOL IVAN WAS BY FAR THE WEAKEST OF THE BUNCH

This is true but look at the list of people we’re comparing him to. Him and Daz still made good music together regardless.