Author Topic: WHO CO-PRODUCED “RAW” FOR DAZ?  (Read 2986 times)

dj coma

Re: WHO CO-PRODUCED “RAW” FOR DAZ?
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2019, 09:12:44 AM »
WHAT ABOUT ON “ALL EYEZ ON ME”?? I KNOW QUIK MIXED SOME- ANY1 ELSE??

Soopafly helped Daz with the beats.

WHAT BEATS DID QUIK TOUCH UP? I KNOW HE MIXED I GOT MY MIND MADE UP .. WHAT ELSE?  I REMEMBER READING HE GHOST MIXED THAT ENTIRE ALBUM.

I think Scandalous was another. If you listen to the rough mixes that leaked, Quik did a helluva job.

Sccit

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2019, 09:25:55 AM »

WHAT BEATS DID QUIK TOUCH UP? I KNOW HE MIXED I GOT MY MIND MADE UP .. WHAT ELSE?  I REMEMBER READING HE GHOST MIXED THAT ENTIRE ALBUM.

I think Scandalous was another. If you listen to the rough mixes that leaked, Quik did a helluva job.

never heard the rough mix and can’t find it on youtube .. anyone have this?

dj coma

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2019, 12:46:09 PM »
Just search skandalouz demo or og on YouTube. Also lookup Thug Passion og while you’re at it. Both these songs lack talkbox on the OG versions, which I suspect was done by Quik on the retail versions and also leads me to believe he did a some additional production during the mix stage.

The following users thanked this post: Sccit, donfathaimmortal

Fresh Bone

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2019, 04:39:03 AM »

Quik did an amazing job with the mix

The following users thanked this post: Sccit, HighEyeCue

doggfather

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2019, 05:28:06 AM »
THE MAN Soopafly for sure.  Anything Daz has made that was dope had Soopafly written all over it.

word
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

HighEyeCue

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2019, 01:58:03 PM »

Quik did an amazing job with the mix

he sure did, btw 1st time hearing this, thanks for posting 8)

bouli77

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2019, 08:32:07 PM »
THE MAN Soopafly for sure.  Anything Daz has made that was dope had Soopafly written all over it.

or Dre

OR MIKE DEAN

Or Ivan Johnson

LOL IVAN WAS BY FAR THE WEAKEST OF THE BUNCH

didn't you say Dazmataz was one of Daz's best albums ? It was co-produced by Ivan Johnson (& Amplified)

As for RAW, it's difficult to say because it's a compilation of songs more than a solo album with songs from the same studio sessions. I know E3 is listed as a co producer on "On tha Grind". But given the time period, it's safe to say that Soopafly co-produced most of the songs even though on the booklet he's only listed as the producer for "Agony" by Latoya Williams and if I remember correctly co-producer for Feels Good.

Sccit

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2019, 09:02:55 PM »

or Dre

OR MIKE DEAN

Or Ivan Johnson

LOL IVAN WAS BY FAR THE WEAKEST OF THE BUNCH

didn't you say Dazmataz was one of Daz's best albums ? It was co-produced by Ivan Johnson (& Amplified)

As for RAW, it's difficult to say because it's a compilation of songs more than a solo album with songs from the same studio sessions. I know E3 is listed as a co producer on "On tha Grind". But given the time period, it's safe to say that Soopafly co-produced most of the songs even though on the booklet he's only listed as the producer for "Agony" by Latoya Williams and if I remember correctly co-producer for Feels Good.

i think dazamataz was co-produced by more than just ivan johnson .. are u single? and the joint wit soopafly got soopafly written all over it, for instance

it’s a great album tho .. disc 2 in particular

Sccit

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2019, 01:40:00 AM »
CAN ANYONE POINT TO SOMEWHERE THAT SHOWS SOOPAFLY DID RAW???

SOME1 IS TRYNA CONVINCE ME SOOPAFLY ONLY DID 3 TRACKS AND THAT DAZ DID MOST OF IT BY HIMSELF AFTER SOOPAFLY FELL OUT WIT DAZ N LEFT DEATH ROW.

dj coma

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2019, 10:40:03 PM »

SOME1 IS TRYNA CONVINCE ME SOOPAFLY ONLY DID 3 TRACKS AND THAT DAZ DID MOST OF IT BY HIMSELF AFTER SOOPAFLY FELL OUT WIT DAZ N LEFT DEATH ROW.

Looking back at that album, I think what this person is telling you is a possibility. Lots of those beats are darker like Daz would do while Soopafly's stuff is little more upbeat. Dunno though, could go either way.

Sccit

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2019, 08:21:15 AM »

Looking back at that album, I think what this person is telling you is a possibility. Lots of those beats are darker like Daz would do while Soopafly's stuff is little more upbeat. Dunno though, could go either way.

thats pretty much what he said.....soopafly is more musical, while daz's style is more drum n bass oriented ala most of raw