Author Topic: Boogies album "Everything is for sale" is dropping tomorrow. Any thoughts?  (Read 3109 times)

doggfather

Re: Boogies album "Everything is for sale" is dropping tomorrow. Any thoughts?
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2019, 10:23:53 PM »
Since when matters where i am from?
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Young Old Head

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2019, 01:19:39 AM »
When you have half the people in this thread (a west coast forum, mind you)not even knowing who Boogie is....clueless is a good way to describe it
There's only one person asking who Boogie is and he's from Hungary. The majority of posters on this forum are also stuck in the 90s, so it's barely objective. None of that would make Boogie less average however

You musta not heard his previous work then. "Bitter Raps", "Further", "Oh My", "No Way", "Nigga Needs, "Sunroof", "Fuck Em All" (probably the best recommendation for you stuck in the 90's muthafuckas) all fire! Dropped 3 solid projects before his official major debut, which btw. is definitely above average! You old heads are simply not listenin'... It's aight tho, shit's not for everybody.
But yeah, it's funny that the "new west" (Buddy, G Perico, Jay Worthy/LNDN DRGS, Joe Moses, 2Eleven, Figg Newton, Slim 400, TeeCee4800, RJ, Jay 305, A$ton Matthews, Vince Staples, $tupid Young, Saviii 3rd, Hitta J3, Saint Malo, AD, C-Hecc, Young Drummer Boy, etc.) 'cept for Mozzy and maybe a little Polyester The Saint get criminally overlooked on here. Fucking shame, cause y'all missin' out on a lot of dope shit.

Cash Money Blood Gang

SuperSpider

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2019, 01:52:30 AM »
When you have half the people in this thread (a west coast forum, mind you)not even knowing who Boogie is....clueless is a good way to describe it
There's only one person asking who Boogie is and he's from Hungary. The majority of posters on this forum are also stuck in the 90s, so it's barely objective. None of that would make Boogie less average however

You musta not heard his previous work then. "Bitter Raps", "Further", "Oh My", "No Way", "Nigga Needs, "Sunroof", "Fuck Em All" (probably the best recommendation for you stuck in the 90's muthafuckas) all fire! Dropped 3 solid projects before his official major debut, which btw. is definitely above average! You old heads are simply not listenin'... It's aight tho, shit's not for everybody.
But yeah, it's funny that the "new west" (Buddy, G Perico, Jay Worthy/LNDN DRGS, Joe Moses, 2Eleven, Figg Newton, Slim 400, TeeCee4800, RJ, Jay 305, A$ton Matthews, Vince Staples, $tupid Young, Saviii 3rd, Hitta J3, Saint Malo, AD, C-Hecc, Young Drummer Boy, etc.) 'cept for Mozzy and maybe a little Polyester The Saint get criminally overlooked on here. Fucking shame, cause y'all missin' out on a lot of dope shit.

2Eleven been around for decades, I'd hardly call him new west, but he's dope. $tupid Young has been dropping dope stuff consistently, stays in rotation. Most of the other ones listed are just unimpressive. Again, just because we don't post about them, doesn't mean we are not familiar with them.

Baby Gas from the Bay is who you should be keeping an eye and an ear on.

Young Old Head

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2019, 02:07:48 AM »
I'm pretty sure most on this forum are not familiar, lol. Also to say G Perico's "Shit Don't Stop" or LNDN DRGS' "Aktive" are "unimpressive" is just wrong (their G-Worthy collabo EP with Cardo was West Coast as fuck). Slim 400's "Foe ReaLA" was the shit. Jay 305, RJ, Hitta J3 and Saint Malo's respective debut albums were great bodies of work. Vince Staples consistent. Buddy, Joe Moses and Saviii 3rd all dropped amazing EPs last year. C-Hecc probably dropped the hardest Gangsta Rap album last year, period.
But yeah, you right, 2Eleven been out for a decade (not decades tho). So is Mitchy Slick, who also blends well with the newer guys (his "IV Corners" EP slapping hard) btw.

Never heard of Baby Gas, will check him out, thanks. Also forgot to mention P-Lo. One of my favorite new Bay artists (who's also been out for a coule of years now, I know ;D).

Cash Money Blood Gang

WestWestYA

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2019, 07:10:08 AM »
I'm pretty sure most on this forum are not familiar, lol. Also to say G Perico's "Shit Don't Stop" or LNDN DRGS' "Aktive" are "unimpressive" is just wrong (their G-Worthy collabo EP with Cardo was West Coast as fuck). Slim 400's "Foe ReaLA" was the shit. Jay 305, RJ, Hitta J3 and Saint Malo's respective debut albums were great bodies of work. Vince Staples consistent. Buddy, Joe Moses and Saviii 3rd all dropped amazing EPs last year. C-Hecc probably dropped the hardest Gangsta Rap album last year, period.
But yeah, you right, 2Eleven been out for a decade (not decades tho). So is Mitchy Slick, who also blends well with the newer guys (his "IV Corners" EP slapping hard) btw.

Never heard of Baby Gas, will check him out, thanks. Also forgot to mention P-Lo. One of my favorite new Bay artists (who's also been out for a coule of years now, I know ;D).
Check out Young Gully

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2019, 07:30:12 AM »
Skydive is my shit

SuperSpider

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2019, 07:57:14 AM »

Check out Young Gully

Co-signing this, Gully has been around for years and is criminally slept on.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2019, 01:18:06 PM »
checked the album out, decent

Em continues to ruin tracks tho, “like a shepherd having sex with his sheep” :-X

Lucifuge

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2019, 12:02:07 AM »
Im not suprised that this 2pacdaz fuck boys dont like this contetn rap. Shit is deep and dope as fuck.
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

Blood$

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2019, 04:37:14 PM »
I finally got around to this and it’s alright to me, not sure what the hype is all about  :-\

something about it lacks replay value but I’ll give it another listen

Elko.

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2019, 05:09:54 PM »
The album is dope if you're looking for an alternative West Coast vibe to some G shit. A personal album that appeals more to the younger demographic than the age range of people on this forum.

Sccit

i fux wit g perico and vince staples ... you missed a couple names yourself- sob x rbe & anderson paak some new west rappers droppin fire

boogie ain’t bad tho, i’ll have to peep more of his shit

Young Old Head

i fux wit g perico and vince staples ... you missed a couple names yourself- sob x rbe & anderson paak some new west rappers droppin fire

True, but I ain't really fuckin with SOB X RBE tbh, their offbeat flows r too much for me. Andy ain't a rapper tho (I guess he is now), but sure is doper than a muthafucka.
Also forgot JAG, he nice too.

Cash Money Blood Gang

Sccit

True, but I ain't really fuckin with SOB X RBE tbh, their offbeat flows r too much for me. Andy ain't a rapper tho (I guess he is now), but sure is doper than a muthafucka.
Also forgot JAG, he nice too.

after listening to gangin 2 the other day, i gota say sob x rbe repetitive flow does get tired after some time .. it’s cool for 1 or 2 tracks, but hard to sit through a whole album of that shit. they could use some better structure too.

Elko.

I'm sorry but SOB X RBE is just as good as Blueface or The Pack. Good for a minute, but gets boring real quick after a while. I woulda thought they took advantage of the Kendrick feature on the Black Panther Soundtrack.