Author Topic: The Show (1995) (Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, DPG, Warren G, Meth, Wu, Biggie, LL, etc)  (Read 1482 times)

Okka

If you haven't seen this documentary, you better check it out right now since it's on Youtube.

doggfather

havent seen either, just the OST. thats a good one by the way.

thank you!
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

BIGWORM

nice find thx

Westdog

Thanks a lot!!! It was a dope time 👍
This my town, I run it, you walk it
You just now learnin’ the game, I taught it

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
This is classic.  Don’t know how anybody who was a hip hop head in the 90’s wouldn’t of already seen this one.  Not only is it the best hip hop doc it was also the best soundtrack (though they lied to get me to by it by listing artists who didn’t actually have songs (only quotes) in the track listing
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

The following users thanked this post: Okka

Okka

This is classic.  Don’t know how anybody who was a hip hop head in the 90’s wouldn’t of already seen this one.  Not only is it the best hip hop doc it was also the best soundtrack (though they lied to get me to by it by listing artists who didn’t actually have songs (only quotes) in the track listing

"The Show" and "Rhyme & Reason" are my favorite documentaries about Hip Hop. I remember buyin' the soundtrack for this 'cause of the Dr. Dre "song" and it turned out to be a skit, but this is definitely one of the best soundtracks of all time anyway. I sold my copy of the soundtrack away some years ago 'cause i needed money and i finally found it again not too long ago last year. It's a shame that the Dre and Snoop songs turned out to be skits though.

Elko.

Definitely a must watch for any hip-hop fan of the 90's. What a line up!

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th

"The Show" and "Rhyme & Reason" are my favorite documentaries about Hip Hop. I remember buyin' the soundtrack for this 'cause of the Dr. Dre "song" and it turned out to be a skit, but this is definitely one of the best soundtracks of all time anyway. I sold my copy of the soundtrack away some years ago 'cause i needed money and i finally found it again not too long ago last year. It's a shame that the Dre and Snoop songs turned out to be skits though.

Yeah that was funny that Def Jam had to trick me into buying it by putting Dre and Snoop on the track listing but in the end they did me a favor cause it’s my all-time fav Soundtrack and helped make my summer of 96 the greatest summer of my life.

Even with the Dre and Snoop tracks being skits you still had a great mix of our fav east and west artists—as Warren’s G Funk label was under Def Jam at the time so you had Twinz, Dove Shack, also Jayo Felony was on Def Jam and I still think “Zoom Zoom Wam Wam’s” was the the best song of his career.  Dove Shack’s best song is there—even the Midwest is represented with Bone dropping a gem—Red and Meth’s best ever duo song is on there—I mean the album is just phenomenal beginning to end and the documentary as well

I love Russel Simmons and he deserves major props for this project
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Okka

If anybody wants to DL this. Check out the spot.