Author Topic: Any Boot Camp, O.G.C., Heltah Skeltah fans in here?  (Read 2030 times)

Sccit

Re: Any Boot Camp, O.G.C., Heltah Skeltah fans in here?
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2019, 07:55:56 AM »
When will people get it that Pac (and any other legendary rapper) are at that status because they got killed in their prime? Had they lived, more than 20 years later (so now) they'd all be another KRS-1, LL Cool J or Ice T......yes, people would like their stuff and all, but no one is particularly dying to claim these artists are at the top of the foodchain nowadays.

krs-1 and ice t never got to pacs level lol not even close acrually

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2019, 09:13:26 AM »
When will people get it that Pac (and any other legendary rapper) are at that status because they got killed in their prime? Had they lived, more than 20 years later (so now) they'd all be another KRS-1, LL Cool J or Ice T......yes, people would like their stuff and all, but no one is particularly dying to claim these artists are at the top of the foodchain nowadays.

Of course Pac dying in his prime has made him larger than life and added greatly to the legend, mystery, and theatre surrounding him and helped turn him into everything from a saint to hiphop prophet and so on and so forth I wouldn’t deny it... through death he gained an eternity of fame...

My contention and the years I mentioned were the 90’s. I said he would’ve dominated the 90’s and all the artists who I mentioned (like Mase) were big in years like 98’—so I don’t think it’s a stretch at all to say that an artist of Pac’s calliber could of continued to run the table and reign for what remained of the 90’s (at least)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 09:17:49 AM by Infinite Trapped in 1996 »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Blood$

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2019, 11:59:00 AM »
Yeah it’s amazing cause Pac was so ahead of his time.  For him to spot these dudes and recognize them and knight them—he would’ve had both coasts on lock and totally obliterated Bad Boy, Jay-Z, etc has he lived.  Cause the more I listen to and learn about this whole click they were pretty much the realest, rugged, rawest click out of the East and they were way deep, way united, and had the New York City streets on lock.

Damn shame Pac died cause this click would’ve ruled New York and we would’ve never seen the likes of Ja Rule, shiny suit era, Mase, or none of that shit.. hiphop would’ve stayed grimey and stayed true

all the shit you mentioned wouldve happened regardless...i forgot how much bullshit you write on this message board

I would peep Heltah Skeltah and Black Moon's first 2 albums, OGC - Da Storm, and Boot Camp Clik - For The People to start out and since those are all '90s shit

add Smif N Wessun - Dah Shinin to that list, arguably the best release of all.
and their 2nd album The Rude Awakening (as Cocoa Brovaz)

oh, and slap yourself first for not having listened to them before and calling yourself a hip hop head

I totally did forget Da Shinin lol my bad, the second album was cool too but I wouldn't tell someone to start out with that one or rank it amongst the others named

SuperSpider

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2019, 01:07:43 PM »

That's not what I was saying. My point was that had he lived till 2019 2Pac wouldn't be doing Drake numbers and all, he'd pretty much be doing whatever rappers like Too Short, E-40 & Snoop Dogg do these days....basking in the old glory days and dropping another underground tape for a limited amount of listeners that are still tuned in after that many years...

That goes to anybody else that died too soon and never got the chance to have a music career spanning a decade or two or three

Sccit

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2019, 02:22:28 PM »

That's not what I was saying. My point was that had he lived till 2019 2Pac wouldn't be doing Drake numbers and all, he'd pretty much be doing whatever rappers like Too Short, E-40 & Snoop Dogg do these days....basking in the old glory days and dropping another underground tape for a limited amount of listeners that are still tuned in after that many years...

That goes to anybody else that died too soon and never got the chance to have a music career spanning a decade or two or three

naah pac was a different animal than e40 or short lol

pac woulda been an activist or like a combo between will smith and jay-z, only much better. empire shit.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2019, 12:23:26 AM »
I found the follow up album for O.G.C. The Storm—their second album came out in 98 but had a different sound I’m guessing they changed producers.  Also been getting more into the Nocturnal album from Heltah Skeltah and gonna check out more of Smiff and Wesson—The Shinin that was mentioned here.  So you got a lot of groups under this umbrella when you add in Cocoa Brovaz, Black Moon, Boot Camp, whole Duck Down camp.

Maybe someone could rank all their 90’s albums in order.  I’ll try to do my own rankings and update here, and update as I go through each one...

1.  O.G.C. — The Storm (9 out of 10)
2.  Heltah Skeltah — Nocturnal (7 out of 10)
3.  Smiff and Wesson — The Shinin
4.  Cocoa Brovaz — Rude Awakenin
5.  Black Moon —  Enter the Stage (6 out of 10)
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

SuperSpider

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2019, 12:35:36 AM »
I found the follow up album for O.G.C. The Storm—their second album came out in 98 but had a different sound I’m guessing they changed producers.  Also been getting more into the Nocturnal album from Heltah Skeltah and gonna check out more of Smiff and Wesson—The Shinin that was mentioned here.  So you got a lot of groups under this umbrella when you add in Cocoa Brovaz, Black Moon, Boot Camp, whole Duck Down camp.

Maybe someone could rank all their 90’s albums in order.  I’ll try to do my own rankings and update here, and update as I go through each one...

1.  O.G.C. — The Storm (9 out of 10)
2.  Heltah Skeltah — Nocturnal (7 out of 10)
3.  Smiff and Wesson — The Shinin
4.  Cocoa Brovaz — Rude Awakenin
5.  Black Moon —  Enter the Stage (6 out of 10)

Smif-n-Wessun are Cocoa Brovaz btw. Boot Camp Clik is basically Heltah Skeltah, O.G.C. & Smif-n-Wessun aand Buckshot of Black Moon
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 12:39:48 AM by SuperSpider »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2019, 10:30:20 AM »
Holy shit man... this one is it!!!  Smiff and Wesson “The Shinin”

Y’all can clown on me if you want.. cause it’s 2019 and of course everyone but me knew this was a great album from the day it came out and I’m the only one who slept... whatever whatever say what you want

But regardless.. this album is it. The beats are like Illmatic type beats with the jazz and sample sounds of the mid-90’s before the sample clearances on such beats started gettin blocked

And the rhymes are all on point

This one is like 5 mics right here

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2019, 01:51:05 AM »

Y’all can clown on me if you want.. cause it’s 2019 and of course everyone but me knew this was a great album from the day it came out and I’m the only one who slept... whatever whatever say what you want

But regardless.. this album is it. The beats are like Illmatic type beats with the jazz and sample sounds of the mid-90’s before the sample clearances on such beats started gettin blocked

Maybe the only time ive ever agreed with you on here. Album is practically flawless to me. Perfectly captures the sound at the time. Not a single skipper. Far and away the best album the BCC ever dropped

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2019, 02:04:29 AM »
Yeah it’s amazing cause Pac was so ahead of his time.  For him to spot these dudes and recognize them and knight them—he would’ve had both coasts on lock and totally obliterated Bad Boy, Jay-Z, etc has he lived.  Cause the more I listen to and learn about this whole click they were pretty much the realest, rugged, rawest click out of the East and they were way deep, way united, and had the New York City streets on lock.

Damn shame Pac died cause this click would’ve ruled New York and we would’ve never seen the likes of Ja Rule, shiny suit era, Mase, or none of that shit.. hiphop would’ve stayed grimey and stayed true

all the shit you mentioned wouldve happened regardless...i forgot how much bullshit you write on this message board

I would peep Heltah Skeltah and Black Moon's first 2 albums, OGC - Da Storm, and Boot Camp Clik - For The People to start out and since those are all '90s shit

add Smif N Wessun - Dah Shinin to that list, arguably the best release of all.
and their 2nd album The Rude Awakening (as Cocoa Brovaz)

oh, and slap yourself first for not having listened to them before and calling yourself a hip hop head

naah infinite’s got a point .. the landscape of hip-hop ON BOTH COASTS woulda been totally different witout the murder of pac.

i dont doubt that things wouldve been different if Pac wasnt killed. but people overstate his influence on the genre as a whole...the whole "shiny suit era" etc wouldve still happened, shit was already moving in that direction prior to his death. Every decade had its commercial shit to balance out the real shit, whether he was still here or not that would still be the case.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2019, 05:12:25 AM »

Maybe the only time ive ever agreed with you on here. Album is practically flawless to me. Perfectly captures the sound at the time. Not a single skipper. Far and away the best album the BCC ever dropped

Respect!

Yo... and on another note I kind of took these guys who probably disappeared after the Timbalands and baggy jeans era ended.  Apparently they are still making a lot of new music, videos, on interviews all over the net.  But the joy for me of listenin’ to these cats is it takes me back to that era and I really can’t fit these current times.