Author Topic: Any Boot Camp, O.G.C., Heltah Skeltah fans in here?  (Read 2031 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Any Boot Camp, O.G.C., Heltah Skeltah fans in here?
« on: February 19, 2019, 04:40:31 AM »
I got to admit I always slept on these cats back in the day.  I only really knew them for 3 things:

-For them being kind of the main rap crew out West that was siding with Pac and Death Row in the Big Beef.  And the album they were working on with Pac at the time of his death.
-There was one song that kind of popped up back in the day and made it onto my radar.  "No Fear" was a video and single that made some noise, mostly on the underground and it also contained some notable disses like a fake fat-ass Biggie in the video and a Montel Jordan diss as well. 
-Around 98' they had a track with Raekwon "Black Trump" I used to see a lot on BET that I thought was bangin.

...The "No Fear" track really never left my playlist, it may be one of my all-time favorite joints.  Finally with the IPhone making basically any album immediately accessible I started listening to that full O.G.C. album The Storm and shit is bananas.  It's really grown on me.  It's a mood and concept album, play that shit on a rainy day and it goes even harder.  Starang is the standout artist in the group, but aside from Wu-tang it's hard to think of many other crews with better synergy on record than these cats.  Lyrics, beats, puts you right there in the cipher--whole album is on point from top to bottom, with a lot of replay value.

Any other fans on here?  What would you suggest as the best album from the Boot Camp/O.G.C./Heltah Skeltah click?  And what about Starang? 
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 04:44:32 AM by Infinite Trapped in 1996 »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Blood$

Re: Any Boot Camp, O.G.C., Heltah Skeltah fans in here?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 02:50:38 PM »
I just got into them in the last year or so myself

I would peep Heltah Skeltah and Black Moon's first 2 albums, OGC - Da Storm, and Boot Camp Clik - For The People to start out and since those are all '90s shit

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2019, 06:57:39 PM »
I just got into them in the last year or so myself

I would peep Heltah Skeltah and Black Moon's first 2 albums, OGC - Da Storm, and Boot Camp Clik - For The People to start out and since those are all '90s shit

Yeah it’s amazing cause Pac was so ahead of his time.  For him to spot these dudes and recognize them and knight them—he would’ve had both coasts on lock and totally obliterated Bad Boy, Jay-Z, etc has he lived.  Cause the more I listen to and learn about this whole click they were pretty much the realest, rugged, rawest click out of the East and they were way deep, way united, and had the New York City streets on lock.

Damn shame Pac died cause this click would’ve ruled New York and we would’ve never seen the likes of Ja Rule, shiny suit era, Mase, or none of that shit.. hiphop would’ve stayed grimey and stayed true
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

SuperSpider

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2019, 06:42:55 AM »
Don't sleep on Sean Price's solo discography as well as his protege Ruste Juxx

Eddz

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 01:45:01 AM »
Rock has one the most unique voices in the game & his solo album he dropped last year was the shit 8)

doggfather

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2019, 03:37:51 AM »
Rock has one the most unique voices in the game & his solo album he dropped last year was the shit 8)

+1
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2019, 12:35:10 AM »
Yeah it’s amazing cause Pac was so ahead of his time.  For him to spot these dudes and recognize them and knight them—he would’ve had both coasts on lock and totally obliterated Bad Boy, Jay-Z, etc has he lived.  Cause the more I listen to and learn about this whole click they were pretty much the realest, rugged, rawest click out of the East and they were way deep, way united, and had the New York City streets on lock.

Damn shame Pac died cause this click would’ve ruled New York and we would’ve never seen the likes of Ja Rule, shiny suit era, Mase, or none of that shit.. hiphop would’ve stayed grimey and stayed true

all the shit you mentioned wouldve happened regardless...i forgot how much bullshit you write on this message board

add Smif N Wessun - Dah Shinin to that list, arguably the best release of all.
and their 2nd album The Rude Awakening (as Cocoa Brovaz)

oh, and slap yourself first for not having listened to them before and calling yourself a hip hop head

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

SuperSpider

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2019, 06:26:12 AM »
oh, and slap yourself first for not having listened to them before and calling yourself a hip hop head

Sccit

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2019, 01:02:19 PM »
RIP SEAN PRICE

Rudki

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2019, 04:21:26 PM »
Yes .

P-N-C - Dah Shinin, Incredible.

Love the new album too...

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2019, 12:08:49 AM »
Don't sleep on Sean Price's solo discography as well as his protege Ruste Juxx

Yeah, no doubt.  Sean Price was also a part of that family and he was one of the most respected in both the streets and behind the mic.  To be honest I'm not really that familiar with his music, more so his reputation. 

Like I said I'm just kind of realizing this past year how dominant these cats were and could of been--starting with me getting into the O.G.C. album and now I am branching out from there.  The Storm album actually sold the least out of the Boot Camp/O.G.C./Heltah Skeltah mid-90's trio of albums/groups.. but for my money it is still the best and Starang is the illest out of all of them, Gun Clappa #1
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 12:11:46 AM by Infinite Trapped in 1996 »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2019, 12:09:54 AM »

I kind of thought Rock's voice was annoying hearing it back in the day.  But it is one of the more unique and identifiable voices.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2019, 12:13:56 AM »

all the shit you mentioned wouldve happened regardless...i forgot how much bullshit you write on this message board

Dumbass... it ain't gone fuckin happen if Pac just sits on his ass on the couch.  It was gonna happen cause Pac was Pac and he was gonna make the kind of moves he was gonna make--which includes identifying which East Coast acts he was gonna link wit to take over the game.  And he had Boot Camp in mind and that shit would've been big

Sccit

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2019, 12:55:17 AM »

add Smif N Wessun - Dah Shinin to that list, arguably the best release of all.
and their 2nd album The Rude Awakening (as Cocoa Brovaz)

naah infinite’s got a point .. the landscape of hip-hop ON BOTH COASTS woulda been totally different witout the murder of pac.

SuperSpider

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2019, 02:41:01 AM »
When will people get it that Pac (and any other legendary rapper) are at that status because they got killed in their prime? Had they lived, more than 20 years later (so now) they'd all be another KRS-1, LL Cool J or Ice T......yes, people would like their stuff and all, but no one is particularly dying to claim these artists are at the top of the foodchain nowadays.