Author Topic: Anybody else not listen to Biggie out of love for Pac?  (Read 2382 times)

Elko.

Re: Anybody else not listen to Biggie out of love for Pac?
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2019, 03:00:51 PM »
I know what OP is talking about. I'm currently reading Original Gangstaz by Ben Westhoff and the amount of stories in there about Dre beating women makes my blood boil. But we're in the area where the people are "cancelling" artists for what they do in real life (R. Kelly) - I like to separate the music from the artist/individual.

WestWestYA

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2019, 09:02:31 AM »
When I first got heavily into rap via 2Pac I used to feel the same way, but no longer.

Speaking of Life After Death, who had the better double album, 2Pac or Biggie?
Life after death Easily.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2019, 01:39:55 PM »
Easily one of the most ridiculous hip-hop related things I've read in my life

dj coma

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2019, 02:27:04 PM »
I know what OP is talking about. I'm currently reading Original Gangstaz by Ben Westhoff and the amount of stories in there about Dre beating women makes my blood boil. But we're in the area where the people are "cancelling" artists for what they do in real life (R. Kelly) - I like to separate the music from the artist/individual.

I get what you’re saying but I think Dre beating women is quite different from what the OP was talking about. What Dre did was totally on Dre, while the Biggie and Pac thing was some back and forth between them where both parties were responsible for escalating it to where it went.

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2019, 02:21:54 PM »
I do feel a little guilty listening to and supporting BIG because of Pac. I’ll never tell people he’s one of the all time best rappers or anything. I usually say “he’s alright. I haves some of his stuff” when people ask me about him. I feel the same way about Jay Z because of Pac.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2019, 06:43:57 PM »
lol naah biggie is a great rapper, no way i wouldn’t listen to his classix due to emotion

I don’t know cuzz.. I mean I get where you coming from... cause you been on that “emotion” topic before... but remember this (even though it’s probably not what you meant by “emotions”

2pac was not an Eminem or Dre perfectionist type—they say he’d often be drunk or high and miss spots every now and then on a track but he’d really only cut it twice and then leave it to whoever was mixing the track to sort it out... reason he did this is 2pac doesn’t scribble on papers angrily (like Em) and then try to reproduce that later in the studio when  one day he gets to record the song—PAC preferred to perform in the moment, so that if it’s anger on the track it’s raw and he’s actually experiencing that shit in his real life and takes that fire right into the studio... why, to make the “emotions” real.

right ....  but i think ur using the wrong emotion here

i’m damn near positive that if biggie n pac was still alive, they more than likely woulda made up by now

so refusing to listen to big based on some misdirected display of solidarity is kinda petty

u gota do like snoop and not play into people’s negativity.... pac and big woulda both been better off if they never had beef. therefore solidifying their beef 25 years later when they’re both in a better place is rooted in evil.

Snoop said in an interview he’s never listened to Daz Revenge Retaliation and Get Back (even after all these years) cause Daz was dissing him round that time
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2019, 07:38:01 PM »
lol naah biggie is a great rapper, no way i wouldn’t listen to his classix due to emotion

I don’t know cuzz.. I mean I get where you coming from... cause you been on that “emotion” topic before... but remember this (even though it’s probably not what you meant by “emotions”

2pac was not an Eminem or Dre perfectionist type—they say he’d often be drunk or high and miss spots every now and then on a track but he’d really only cut it twice and then leave it to whoever was mixing the track to sort it out... reason he did this is 2pac doesn’t scribble on papers angrily (like Em) and then try to reproduce that later in the studio when  one day he gets to record the song—PAC preferred to perform in the moment, so that if it’s anger on the track it’s raw and he’s actually experiencing that shit in his real life and takes that fire right into the studio... why, to make the “emotions” real.

i’m damn near positive that if biggie n pac was still alive, they more than likely woulda made up by now

so refusing to listen to big based on some misdirected display of solidarity is kinda petty

u gota do like snoop and not play into people’s negativity.... pac and big woulda both been better off if they never had beef. therefore solidifying their beef 25 years later when they’re both in a better place is rooted in evil.

Snoop said in an interview he’s never listened to Daz Revenge Retaliation and Get Back (even after all these years) cause Daz was dissing him round that time

i didn’t listen to your joints dissin me either tbh

that’s different

SuperSpider

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2019, 07:57:27 AM »
that’s different

;D ;D ;D

DJSpin

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2019, 04:58:42 AM »
When I was in junior high school. You were either down with pac or big. Same with Dre and easy.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2019, 10:35:31 AM »

that’s different

No it’s not different.  Snoop was talking about the entire album RRGB, and the album doesn’t have any cut that disses Snoop, the fact is they were beefin around the time of its release so Snoop said he didn’t listen to the shit
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2019, 10:43:30 AM »

that’s different

No it’s not different.  Snoop was talking about the entire album RRGB, and the album doesn’t have any cut that disses Snoop, the fact is they were beefin around the time of its release so Snoop said he didn’t listen to the shit

makes sense .. i seriously wouldn’t listen to your album either if u dissed me. why would i?

HighEyeCue

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2019, 11:01:16 AM »

that’s different

I was wondering about the track "OG" with Snoop and Nate on that album...the original was all Snoop and Nate, seemed that Daz just took the track and added his verse...he did the same thing with several Kurupt tracks when they were beefing on the album This Is The Life I Lead only this time he was rapping Kurupts verses
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 11:05:49 AM by HighEyeCue »