Author Topic: SUGA FREE - THE RESURRECTION (Official Discussion)  (Read 14353 times)

D-TalkX

Re: Suga Free : The Ressurection (album)
« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2019, 09:31:22 PM »
Shit sounds cool but yes the mixing and mastering are a nightmare...

D-TalkX

« Reply #76 on: May 09, 2019, 09:31:53 PM »
any production credits?

-Davizz-

« Reply #77 on: May 10, 2019, 07:39:16 AM »
There are a lot of good songs, but nothing really stands out for me.
Whatever happened to "I Care About My Hair"? He even shot a video with Snoop Dogg and Michael Epps.. that 5 second sample on IG sounded great.

I agree with you all, there's no excuse for not mixing/mastering an album, even mixtapes sound better. Seems really rushed, like a list of short songs, not a real album.

The following users thanked this post: D-TalkX, dj coma

Smoke

« Reply #78 on: May 10, 2019, 11:44:30 AM »
There are a lot of good songs, but nothing really stands out for me.
Whatever happened to "I Care About My Hair"? He even shot a video with Snoop Dogg and Michael Epps.. that 5 second sample on IG sounded great.

I agree with you all, there's no excuse for not mixing/mastering an album, even mixtapes sound better. Seems really rushed, like a list of short songs, not a real album.

Totally agree my friend. I'm really dissapointed about Quik production. Anyway, it's always good for me hear Suga Free new music

The following users thanked this post: D-TalkX

B.A.

« Reply #79 on: May 10, 2019, 03:57:21 PM »
Maybe this was released unfinished just to throw us something to bump since it was delayed and there will be a proper cd released later??? Here are some reasons why I don't think this is the final version of the album.

So many short songs, they may be incomplete / missing a verse.

Seems odd that there's that one sample used on several tracks, some tracks even sound similar. Seems like they could be rough drafts he was spittin on. Maybe cd will contain one final version of the beat and a longer song? Who in the right mind would use same sample that many times and even on a couple similar sounding beats?

Levels are so off seem like rough mixes that haven't been through final mix / master, maybe they are off on purpose so you don't have a decent sounding rough draft...it's supposed to sound rough.

The Quik track(s) that we new were coming are missing, only one is Hearts. If the track(s) are really that dope Suga Free probably wouldn't throw them on an early rough preview of the album. I hope he would be smart enough to keep them unheard until the final release since they are a big part of the anticipation for the album.

Suga Free is a professional, he's never released some bullshit with mixing all off like this or released a half assed album, they've ranged from really good to classic.

With all the shit he was sayin' to pump the album up, Quik tracks missing, quality off, strength of previous albums and the potential that you hear in what he did put out on this digital version...I just can't see this being finished, I think it's just a taste of the shit he cooked up. I have hope that we're in for a dope as fuck completed album.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 05:29:22 PM by B.A. »
"Lyrics aint nothin' if the beat aint crackin' and knees be smackin', that's why the G's keep stackin'" - DJ Quik

Sccit

« Reply #80 on: May 10, 2019, 07:41:33 PM »
Maybe this was released unfinished just to throw us something to bump since it was delayed and there will be a proper cd released later??? Here are some reasons why I don't think this is the final version of the album.

Seems odd that there's that one sample used on several tracks, some tracks even sound similar. Seems like they could be rough drafts he was spittin on. Maybe cd will contain one final version of the beat and a longer song? Who in the right mind would use same sample that many times and even on a couple similar sounding beats?

Levels are so off seem like rough mixes that haven't been through final mix / master, maybe they are off on purpose so you don't have a decent sounding rough draft...it's supposed to sound rough.

The Quik track(s) that we new were coming are missing, only one is Hearts. If the track(s) are really that dope Suga Free probably wouldn't throw them on an early rough preview of the album. I hope he would be smart enough to keep them unheard until the final release since they are a big part of the anticipation for the album.

Suga Free is a professional, he's never released some bullshit with mixing all off like this or released a half assed album, they've ranged from really good to classic.

With all the shit he was sayin' to pump the album up, Quik tracks missing, quality off, strength of previous albums and the potential that you hear in what he did put out on this digital version...I just can't see this being finished, I think it's just a taste of the shit he cooked up. I have hope that we're in for a dope as fuck completed album.

this is what i was lowkey hopin

riphuero

« Reply #81 on: May 10, 2019, 10:04:02 PM »
Can somebody get an I interview with suga to see what the fuck happen. Somebody did suga free wrong in my eyes.

Sccit

« Reply #82 on: May 11, 2019, 12:19:51 AM »
Can somebody get an I interview with suga to see what the fuck happen. Somebody did suga free wrong in my eyes.

WE NEED THAT

Sccit

« Reply #83 on: May 11, 2019, 12:28:25 AM »
GOOD NEWS FOLKS

The following users thanked this post: sheparali

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #84 on: May 11, 2019, 05:17:44 AM »
Now someone needs to ask him what happened to Good Enough??

SuperSpider

« Reply #85 on: May 11, 2019, 05:18:24 AM »

If that's the case it would be pretty fucked up of Suga Free to make fans pay twice, once for the garbage version and again for the polished version

B.A.

« Reply #86 on: May 11, 2019, 07:29:19 AM »

If that's the case it would be pretty fucked up of Suga Free to make fans pay twice, once for the garbage version and again for the polished version

Yeah that would be fucked up. But it might be as easy as Suga Free re-uploading the final version in place of the current version and if we've already paid for it, we can just re-download it.

I'm giving Suga Free the benefit of the doubt on this one and hope he won't do us wrong.
"Lyrics aint nothin' if the beat aint crackin' and knees be smackin', that's why the G's keep stackin'" - DJ Quik

OmegaRed

« Reply #87 on: May 11, 2019, 01:18:37 PM »
I enjoyed this.
We need your help.....

Looking for latest content ----->
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCAkQem5MWo3cuhdIOPQEaeQ/videos
 www.insomiacmagazine.com

sheparali

« Reply #88 on: May 13, 2019, 08:34:14 AM »
GOOD NEWS FOLKS

Thats me asking him that, now lets see if that actually happens

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

Sccit

« Reply #89 on: May 13, 2019, 08:52:26 AM »
GOOD NEWS FOLKS

Thats me asking him that, now lets see if that actually happens

some1 needs 2 find out about a cd release....thats the only way it happens

The following users thanked this post: sheparali