Author Topic: Anderson .Paak Brings Nate Dogg back On Ventura  (Read 2305 times)

Jay_J

Anderson .Paak Brings Nate Dogg back On Ventura
« on: March 14, 2019, 01:28:01 PM »
Anderson .Paak announced his new album Ventura and it's tracklist.

https://twitter.com/AndersonPaak/status/1106257902220640256

What a big surpise!!!!

There's a track featuring THE O.G. NATE DOGG

Edit: Fredwreck just confirmed me on instagram that he is involved with the production of it.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 01:32:23 AM by Cey_Cey »

k1000

Re: Anderson .Paak Brings Nate Dogg back On Ventura
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 02:05:16 PM »
wh- wh- what?  :o

Sccit

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 03:01:55 PM »
oxnard was solid but a step down from malibu n yes lawd

i hope this is that definitive classic we been waitin for from paak

more singin, less rappin + less mechanical beats and more musically inclined joints

please

The following users thanked this post: D-TalkX

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 03:38:56 PM »
Serious question. Who actually like this wack shit? Say I'm stuck in 96 or whatever but this guy is doo doo in every respect.

Matty

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 04:26:24 PM »
shame that Madlib mixed by Dre joint got lost in the vault :(

Sccit

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2019, 04:57:00 PM »
Serious question. Who actually like this wack shit? Say I'm stuck in 96 or whatever but this guy is doo doo in every respect.

did u hear malibu and yes lawd or are u just trollin again?

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2019, 08:03:50 AM »

Off brand wannabe Cee Lo without half the talent. Y'all stayed gassed up on someone who is butt like ass, which was the meaning of the pic because you can plaster a phony smile over the tears inside because deep down you know this wack shit doesn't hold a candle to the west in 96 and the creativity that ruled supreme back then.

Rap game is all kinds of fucked up now.

Look at it another way:

Would anyone have given any of this wack shit a 2nd glance back in the mid 90s? Hell naw. People so desperate to "bring the west back" that they throw it all on Kendrick, Paak and all those other atrocious "artists" who don't have no talent, charisma, intellect or wit at all beyond what you force yourself to believe.

Don't agree with me. Even though you know its true. Rap is done. Its been dumbed down so much that people are buying dopeless dope, rolling up it and getting a placebo high and thinking "Yeah, this is that shit" when it really ain't.

Sccit

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2019, 09:18:41 AM »

Off brand wannabe Cee Lo without half the talent. Y'all stayed gassed up on someone who is butt like ass, which was the meaning of the pic because you can plaster a phony smile over the tears inside because deep down you know this wack shit doesn't hold a candle to the west in 96 and the creativity that ruled supreme back then.

Look at it another way:

Would anyone have given any of this wack shit a 2nd glance back in the mid 90s? Hell naw. People so desperate to "bring the west back" that they throw it all on Kendrick, Paak and all those other atrocious "artists" who don't have no talent, charisma, intellect or wit at all beyond what you force yourself to believe.

Don't agree with me. Even though you know its true. Rap is done. Its been dumbed down so much that people are buying dopeless dope, rolling up it and getting a placebo high and thinking "Yeah, this is that shit" when it really ain't.

that’s cool, but u didn’t even answer my question.....

did u hear them albums or naah? .... he’s really nothin like cee-lo tbh LOL

and to say he has no charisma, intellect, or wit is just off .. the dude is talented beyond belief and makes music wit substance

its also not really rap (although he has started rapping more) .. paak is more of a soul/r&b artist than anything.

i think u should give those 2 albums a chance if u haven’t heard em yet.

Okka

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2019, 09:37:20 AM »
I'm always happy to hear unreleased Nate Dogg material, but i wish it would be with somebody who he actually knew or worked with when he was alive.

SuperSpider

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2019, 10:33:25 AM »
Nearly guaranteed to be a rehashed previously released Nate verse.....probably one of the very popular ones too

Sccit

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2019, 10:44:37 AM »
Nearly guaranteed to be a rehashed previously released Nate verse.....probably one of the very popular ones too

not sure about that

fredwreck is said to be sittin in lots of unreleased nate

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2019, 12:31:35 PM »

Look at it another way:

and to say he has no charisma, intellect, or wit is just off .. the dude is talented beyond belief and makes music wit substance

its also not really rap (although he has started rapping more) .. paak is more of a soul/r&b artist than anything.

I have spun them once through and it just didn't appeal to listen again, Cee Lo ref is exactly on point as a singing ass rapper. The last decent artist the new West had was Bishop Lamont to me and that guy was talented and made music with substance that could appeal commercially but totally fumbled his career as well as being smart in a time when dumb shit was the in thing. After that its just devolved further and further until shit like this seems dope only because everything else is just so wack but its still wack, just you can't see it.

You mean to tell me you think this dude can hold a candle to Bishop? Bish please.

Sccit

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2019, 12:47:49 PM »

Look at it another way:

I have spun them once through and it just didn't appeal to listen again, Cee Lo ref is exactly on point as a singing ass rapper. The last decent artist the new West had was Bishop Lamont to me and that guy was talented and made music with substance that could appeal commercially but totally fumbled his career as well as being smart in a time when dumb shit was the in thing. After that its just devolved further and further until shit like this seems dope only because everything else is just so wack but its still wack, just you can't see it.

You mean to tell me you think this dude can hold a candle to Bishop? Bish please.

i got bishops album the reformation recently and it was pretty average tbh... he doesn’t stand out enough as a rapper. he’s not bad, but i don’t see a commercial appeal at all.

paak actually plays his own instruments, can sing with mad soul, and where cee-lo is a rapper who started to sing, paak is a singer who started to rap .... his talent is undeniable.

i really don’t know how anyone can listen to yes lawd or malibu and claim it’s whack with a straight face .... honestly, those are exceptional albums from start to finish and you’re literally the only person i’ve ever heard claim different.

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2019, 01:02:55 PM »
I'm not easily impressed.

Bishops retail album is probably one of his weakest releases to me, over a decade late and easily beaten by his earlier mixtapes. He gave away most of his best stuff for free and by the time he finally dropped it all sounded stale n rehashed. He might yet shine with Tunnel Vision:

The following users thanked this post: Sccit

doggfather

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2019, 01:41:51 PM »
I'm always happy to hear unreleased Nate Dogg material,
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ