Author Topic: B Real “Ice Cube Killa” and “East/West Coast Killa” which came first  (Read 662 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
I always liked B Real and respected him but never bought any Cypress Hill album.  I was always a big fan of Dre’s “East/West Coast Killaz” and thought it was one of the most historic and underrated songs in rap history.  I was surprised to hear that Cypress Hill’s Ice Cube diss had that same line “Killah(z)” from the hook that Dre made.

So which came out first? 

And I guess Dre was kind of friends with B-Real and Cube in the midst of the beef and by using that hook it’s sort of like siding with B-Real?? 

My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Okka

I always liked B Real and respected him but never bought any Cypress Hill album.  I was always a big fan of Dre’s “East/West Coast Killaz” and thought it was one of the most historic and underrated songs in rap history.  I was surprised to hear that Cypress Hill’s Ice Cube diss had that same line “Killah(z)” from the hook that Dre made.

So which came out first? 

And I guess Dre was kind of friends with B-Real and Cube in the midst of the beef and by using that hook it’s sort of like siding with B-Real??

Sort of like siding with B-Real? Come on man. "Ice Cube Killa" came out in '96, after "Bow Down" was released.

EDIT: The "Killa" part is not the same sample or anythin'. I just bumped both songs.

Are you sayin' that just 'cause Cypress said "Killa" in their hook, they took it from Dre?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 09:44:22 AM by Okka »

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th

So which came out first? 

Sort of like siding with B-Real? Come on man. "Ice Cube Killa" came out in '96, after "Bow Down" was released.

EDIT: The "Killa" part is not the same sample or anythin'. I just bumped both songs.

Are you sayin' that just 'cause Cypress said "Killa" in their hook, they took it from Dre?

No I wasn’t saying anything I was just asking the question.

Anyway, it’s all a moot point anyway if the diss came out after Bow Down it sounds like the hook from the Dre track preceded anyway... but since B-Real is on the Dre track it would be interesting to know who came up with that hook and wrote it for the Dre track

Btw, Dre was working wit B Real in 96 a lot they did “Puppet Masters” together as well which was another banger.  Sure it means nothing as far as taking sides
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)